What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curing Leafs -> tobacco substitute

Gedöns

Hi everyone,

I prefer joints as a form of consume as it's the most common around here and I never consume alone so passing a joint is the easiest.
Problem is I don't like to smoke my weed with tobacco. One could say smoke pure/blunt - I don't smoke that regularly so that's a knockout then. Moreover, in a group of people everyone enjoys his tokes so more is more :biggrin:

On my Amsterdam journeys I came across shops where they had shizzle (as we call it, basically cut leaf) in jars to use in stead of tobacco. Was awesome!

So I fgured out I'll cure some fan leafs (not the sugar leafs) and use them as my substitute. There is not much information out there, but what I read was that water curing is pretty good as it removes most chlorophyl from the leaf which makes it a smooth smoke.

Any ideas, thoughts, recommendations from you ? I'm doing it anway, when harvest is ready and will let you know then :tiphat:

Hmm never heard of this but I'd think it'd be better than tobacco leaves as long as the leaves dont dry out too much. Good luck let us know how it works out:joint:

P

Pinnate

I prefer joints as a form of consume as it's the most common around here and I never consume alone so passing a joint is the easiest.
Problem is I don't like to smoke my weed with tobacco.
Back in the day(70s), we all used tobacco with hash, then with leaves and the odd flowering bits...

These days, I want to smoke nothing but calyxes and their tiny cocoon leaves!

Anything else just dilutes the smoke, IMO...

That's why I prefer vaping with my arizer extreme q nothing at all gets in the way of the flavor and it's a true one hitter quitter

Gedöns

That's why I prefer vaping with my arizer extreme q nothing at all gets in the way of the flavor and it's a true one hitter quitter

Hi Guys,

I totally understand your points, a friend of mine used to smoke blunts only - so we adapted. :biggrin: It's a slightly different high, but everyone takes 5 tokes and it's dead, if you're not rolling a fatty and everyone get's braindead. The same guy bought a Vapo in order to get away from smoking tobacco in the first place, thing here is: I don't like that weird smoke and the high is way different my dudes and I found.

Greets

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

Hi Guys,

I totally understand your points, a friend of mine used to smoke blunts only - so we adapted. :biggrin: It's a slightly different high, but everyone takes 5 tokes and it's dead, if you're not rolling a fatty and everyone get's braindead. The same guy bought a Vapo in order to get away from smoking tobacco in the first place, thing here is: I don't like that weird smoke and the high is way different my dudes and I found.

Greets

That's because tobacco contains ammonia, read all tobacco unless you have grown it yourself. Hey I smoked for 41 yrs before I quit. I can CATEGORICALLY tell you that in the day, tobacco tasted like tobacco, not the shit we are smoking now. Ammonia increases the absorption rate of nicotine in the lungs. I am sure the same could apply to cannabis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtCZawoIbw

Carraxe

Veteran
You can just use lemon verbena leaves or orange blossom to make the mixture, you can find them in herbalists. Using the leaves of the weed usually requires a special curing, like tobacco's, to lose the chlorophyll.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Greets

Different types of vapes give different results my arizer is a convection type and increases the high 10x and conserves bud a lot more compared to smoking. Smoking only gives you a 10% conversion rate on delivering thc while my vape does 90%:dance013: