What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kahn climate control stay away !!!

Cheesegez

Just a friendly warning to all those who are looking into air conditioning , Kahn climate control should be avoided the units are just Mitsubishi units with a Kahn sticker and double the price ... the main man mike Douglas will lead you to believe his small outfit in Devon mixes the refrigerant themselfs and it’s a special blend of R22 R134 and R410a which out performs all major air conditioning ( as fucking if )

When your unit is low on gas he will try charging you 500 quid for a recharge of his magical blend of refrigerant that is really just R410a which one with an F- Gas licence can pick up 10kg for 350 and will totally refill a large system 5 times over ....

Full of shit

Here’s the links to the equivalent units ...

http://kahnclimatecontrol.co.uk/products.html

And they can be found on the below site for half the price ...

https://aircon247.mobile034.com/p/8672086/fujitsu-aryg36lmle-aoyg36letl-94kw-duct-aa-rated-high-efficiency-inverter-air-conditioning-unit.html

Happy cooling 😁

queequeg152

Veteran
with the exception of lights... pretty much all hardware and most products catering directly to growers is over marketed garbage.

at least its rebadged MITSUBISHI though... you could have gotten some hot garbage form china for the same price, though there are actually good minisplits from china.

koolneb

Just a friendly warning to all those who are looking into air conditioning , Kahn climate control should be avoided the units are just Mitsubishi units with a Kahn sticker and double the price ... the main man mike Douglas will lead you to believe his small outfit in Devon mixes the refrigerant themselfs and it’s a special blend of R22 R134 and R410a which out performs all major air conditioning ( as fucking if )

When your unit is low on gas he will try charging you 500 quid for a recharge of his magical blend of refrigerant that is really just R410a which one with an F- Gas licence can pick up 10kg for 350 and will totally refill a large system 5 times over ....

Full of shit

Here’s the links to the equivalent units ...

https://kahnclimatecontrol.co.uk/products.html

And they can be found on the below site for half the price ...

https://aircon247.mobile034.com/p/8672086/fujitsu-aryg36lmle-aoyg36letl-94kw-duct-aa-rated-high-efficiency-inverter-air-conditioning-unit.html

Happy cooling 😁

Well first of all thanks. I was looking at going down this route so this saving is pretty awesome!

I see that you have mentioned its all Mitshubishi equipment but your link takes you to a Fujitsu unit? I'm assuming this is still the case and i'm right in saying this is the Khan Little Boy?

Do you know if the Khan controller is still compatible with the light sensor etc?

Also, the flexible hose is attractive from Khan. Can this be supplied by the likes of the company you have posted the link to?

Cheesegez

Well first of all thanks. I was looking at going down this route so this saving is pretty awesome!

I see that you have mentioned its all Mitshubishi equipment but your link takes you to a Fujitsu unit? I'm assuming this is still the case and i'm right in saying this is the Khan Little Boy?

Do you know if the Khan controller is still compatible with the light sensor etc?

Also, the flexible hose is attractive from Khan. Can this be supplied by the likes of the company you have posted the link to?

Hello bro my bad some are Mitsubishi some are Fujitsu depending on models , yes that’s the same as the little boy .. flexible hoses can be purchased separately they are exactly the same unit the only difference is Kahn made a controller that’s all same units same power same gas same fliters only difference is a sticker and a controller ....

Oh yer and a cheap pipe going into on of the pre made drain wholes to distribute Co2

koolneb

Do you know if you can retro fit the Khan remote?

Also, I'm struggling to find one the same spec as the Khan as the only one i can find on the website and others appears to be spec'd at 9.4kw whereas the Khan quotes 18kw https://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filt...n-little-boy-climate-control-system-18kw.html .

My concern is if i was to buy the same unit it won't be enough to cool my room. The khan system quotes being able to cool rooms up to 24x600w (14x1000w lights) lights where as a 9.4kw unit is only 32000 btu, based on 4000 btu's per 1000w this won't allow for anything near 14 x 1000w lights.

Sorry for the number crunching, i'm hoping you know a bit more than me about this sort of thing, thanks dude.

Cheesegez

Do you know if you can retro fit the Khan remote?

Also, I'm struggling to find one the same spec as the Khan as the only one i can find on the website and others appears to be spec'd at 9.4kw whereas the Khan quotes 18kw https://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filt...n-little-boy-climate-control-system-18kw.html .

My concern is if i was to buy the same unit it won't be enough to cool my room. The khan system quotes being able to cool rooms up to 24x600w (14x1000w lights) lights where as a 9.4kw unit is only 32000 btu, based on 4000 btu's per 1000w this won't allow for anything near 14 x 1000w lights.

Sorry for the number crunching, i'm hoping you know a bit more than me about this sort of thing, thanks dude.

Yer they are full of shit the little boy is 9kw not 19kw that’s whats confusing you , I have a little boy and it’s exactly the same as that Fujitsu unit for a fact same everything ...... yes you can retro fit the wired remote but it needs a small electronic module to convert signals from the Kahn controller to the Fujitsu units language , that way when you get fault codes you don’t have a clue what they are you have to ring him up and he could be just blag you need more gas or whatever .... I’d stick to Fujitsu controls you can set times when to cool and heat just a lil extra programming but if you wanted to use the kahn controller he many not sell you one , unless you say you have a little boy already in that case he should know you because there’s not many about .... so many have smelt bullshit and told him to do 1

koolneb

Awesome, i always knew it would be another manufactures unit but what i didn't expect was the insane markup!

Thats my mind made up, i'm just going for the Fujitsu unit. How many lights would you say the "Little boy" cools comfortably? I'm looking at 750w Gavitas.

Thanks again.

Cheesegez

Awesome, i always knew it would be another manufactures unit but what i didn't expect was the insane markup!

Thats my mind made up, i'm just going for the Fujitsu unit. How many lights would you say the "Little boy" cools comfortably? I'm looking at 750w Gavitas.

Thanks again.

I have 8x1000w gavitas I run on 750 due to power consumption and it cools with ease there needs to be over 50% RH for it too cool adequately but that’s not a prob ... also use a Gavtia master controller to avoid overheating if AC fails “ this will Save your ass soooooo many times”.... also install a cheap 36,000 btu cheap back up unit I promise you , you will need it someday .... mines cooling mine atm as “Kahn” outdoor unit packed up and is in repair

koolneb

Ouch not the kind of thing you would really want packing up or even expect to pack up!

It worries me that you'd need a spare however i guess this would only be the same if running fans for intake and extraction. I'll just run with the one and take the risk initially i guess. There's at least one positive... i can now buy two for the price of one! lol.

Can you fit ducting to the outlets of the little boy unit? I'm guessing this is the idea as you'll be able to get a more even air distribution.

I already use a decent humidifier through the early stages to het a decent RH but this shouldn't be a problem as you say after a decent veg. Do you need to dehumidify during flower or does the little boy extract enough moisture?

3cxstone

Hey just found this thread. is the gas deffo r410a is kahns mines now due a service I have a mate who does air con units said he could do it no bother just need to know what gas is In it.

Cheesegez

Hey just found this thread. is the gas deffo r410a is kahns mines now due a service I have a mate who does air con units said he could do it no bother just need to know what gas is In it.

R410a unless its newer if you look inside the compressor take the cover of and the rubber mats that's surround the compressor itself and on the side it will say the gas and model. its more than likely a fujustu unit running on r410a and if its a 36 btu the base gas charge will be 2.05kg.