What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant stems staying purple

Anybody know what's keeping my 3 week old clones completely purple? New growth shows green then goes purple immediately. I started off with a lockout due to old meters. I got new bluelab meters for both PH and EC. Flushed with a low dosage .5 EC for a few days.

I have since switched my nutes to Canna at 1.1 just A&B with Cannazyme ph is 5.8-6.0. My tap comes out at .1 EC but have no idea what's in it. I did a 70/30 Tap/RO just in case something funky. My seedlings were also affected but seem to have pulled out they never went purple though.

T5 8 bulb light
Temps 77-81
RH45-60%
PH 5.8-6.1 Bluelab
EC 1.0-1.2 Bluelab
Passive intake that I haven't really been running to keep the humidity up

Attachments

• veg1 026.jpg
    veg1 026.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • veg1 027.jpg
    veg1 027.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
  • veg1 029.jpg
    veg1 029.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 21

Asslover

Veteran
How are the roots? Healthy and White?
I sound like a broken record asking that but 99% of the time problems in coco can be traced to unhealthy roots...

How are the roots? Healthy and White?
I sound like a broken record asking that but 99% of the time problems in coco can be traced to unhealthy roots...
Actually the roots look nice and white. I just xplanted from the small waxi cups to pots and they're already coming out the bottom. I definitely had a lock out early on. Figured by now they would be praying to lights like the seedlings are starting to do. Don't mind the coco on the roots was sitting on some loose flock before transplant.

Attachments

• Roots.jpg
    Roots.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you measure soil temperature?

A meat thermometer works fine. For the larger pots I would poke the thermometer in the drain holes too.

How often are you changing nutrient? What is reservoir temperature?

Can you measure soil temperature?

A meat thermometer works fine. For the larger pots I would poke the thermometer in the drain holes too.

How often are you changing nutrient? What is reservoir temperature?
Temps are 72 in rez, the room is 76-78ish, just started this rez was top feeding until my roots were showing. I use is char coir and it says cal must be supplemented. I figured there's enough in my canna nutes?

Miraculous Meds

What strain is it? Could be too wet or dry, but the roots look pretty good for either of those scenarios. What's ur air circulation like? U say passive intake? Then do u have an active exhaust?

D

dutty

Like alrdy tried to explain in the other thread: High ph in your Coco. To much Ca, to much N. Mentioned by BakedBandit: To high EC for little ones, go 0,6 to 0,8. Theres a mg def (light clouds on your leafs) since the Ca from your calmag repressed your mg in your medium and the high ph locks out P (blue purple lower big leafs, purple stems).

Use the (Canna) Coco Test to be sure (or buy a soil ph meter): Take 250ml vessel, fill 100ml deionised water, fill to 250ml with Coco samples from your pot. Stear, let sit for 30min (Canna says a night, but thats not rly necessary), filter, measure ph (and EC if you want). Ill bet its near 6,5ph, definitely over 6,2.

+Use Cannazym with Canna AB, it pushes your NPK ratio to more PK (adds 0-2-1 whats
about 20mg p and 20mg k) whats definitely needed and always adviced in Canna shedule. Throw out Calmag! No additional N, Ca and Mg needed!

CaptainKrunch

I had this same problem using canna nutes. flush again and then use a lucas formula ...get some flora nova. stuff works great and it really cheap it will give them everything they need to snap out of it. you can use the rest of your canna when they get bigger and snap out of it

audiblecolors

Same issue will have pictures asap

Same issue will have pictures asap

Hey im having purple stems first time coco grower. Running heavy 16. :dance013:
Cannazyme ,rhizotonic, fulpower, slf, roots, prime, i need some advice to simplify thiz. Thanks in advance

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Those stems are dark.

Some of the strains I flower have purple on the leaf stems,
no worries for me, but yours seem fucky.

Keep us posted on the remedy.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Looks like a 'trait'. I worked a certain breeding mission for years (Sweet Blue male x Johnny Blaze fem) that had DJ shorts special sativa pheno blueberry male as he grandfather on both sides and a purple stems were more common than not.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple is a phosphorus deficiency, usually caused by a Mg or K excess. Often looks like a Mg deficiency too! Your EC is already too high.

Just foliar with pH down (p acid) at 0.4%

And flush!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts