What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i havent been to regular on this thread my pics suck
and i thinkmy room needs an extra month - o hate it bu heye i dint do my tea and fedd recpes this round my mistake

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
like my pics are the suck - my room is a lil bruised but much more full
ima have 3 times the harvest and this is just the first experiment - this is almost as lifechanging as organics - this is like double hemangodawesome all in one.

ima let the next round go into veg for a couple weeks to get some stretch, and ima be on the teas and fish sauce again. i wanted to see what happens when i didnt use it at all. its been great , my soil has run a bit low on k two plants are affected, 2 plants have some low humidity spotting and two got a lil borg. but over all , if i had used my normal tea and fish sauce regimen , id be harvesting this week. im just 16 months into my grow experience so - im learning whats the move by mistakes and hard knocks but soon ill upgrade my sig to cetrtified dipshit

i dont spend as much time here as i used to cause i got some other, more lucrative irons in the fire and well, you guys aint all that interesyed if it aint the glue or the latest gear of the month, and my writing style prolly is a lil stilted and my pics are the suck. ill keep you posted and do some pre and post harvest pics with white lights , hopefully they will look better

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
screen on wall - yielded no more than any other run in that room ~ a lb. - conditions were : bleaching , some low humidity and a couple sprays for the borg.

gr866

Veteran
ok I give up!

What the hell is the "Borg"? And not the Star Trek one either, LOL Guess I need to get real stoned to figure it out.
GR

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Its been a minute
Ive done 3 grows in my vertical.
and maybe 7-8 since starting

Im learning

i had my fan blade in my ac unit explode on me a couple weeks ago
this forced me to redesign my room while waiting for the replacement parts
7 plants were in veg

so i moved all the power to one side of the room
i bought a humidity controller and hooked up a swamp cooler to it
this utterly failed to lower room temps of my 2 600 w bare bulbs

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35

my room quickly had to go to 300watts in veg
this my ac unit post repair - workin like a champ

hers some duct straps im using to run extension cords without them touching metal

MTNMEN

Hey boyd can i get some vertical insight from you guys? I wanted to ask before just jumping into the thread. thanks.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
heres a cool tube with 2 600w hps in it , custom modified with an outdoor air intake and exhausted ,with the ac, into the filter

this would be the ceiling again

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35

This Ducting Strap ,stapled to the edge of the door; because its a webbing, its porous. its also an effective light blocker. it does a great job of keeping the air in and the light out , with just a hint of leakage thats not over excessive. Its on both sides of the door at the bottom sill, the interior edge and works amazingly well for me.

the swamp cooler - poor design , yes but i need a humidity source in the winter

Its 63 degrees outside , I can touch the glass with my bare hands on this coool tube with 2 600 w stuffed into it.
its about 106-112 F according to my gun...heh

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
this one , alas, is a boy
he does demonstrate my auto bondage style
basically bust her open on one side like she goin on the walluse a few
stakes and some fuzzy ties to tie it to itself

MTNMEN

Thx bro, I got a almost 8' tall closet 4 feet wide and at the doorway 4 feet deep but it slowly tapers to 3 feet at the very back. The reason ive chosen this particular space instead of a tent is because i believe it will make a wonderful stadium or some other vert grow. I got a couple 600 hps and 400 mh i use, I did notice in chunkys pics that the one bulb close to the camera seems similar to the 7200 mh i use with regularity. I do have two 6 bulb t-5 agro brites i am trying to utilize as well. I have a shit ton of plans and no real way to explain the energy draw going from midlands to holyshit my man you welding in there? lmao!?

I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me figure out possible builds. I cant afford orcafilm type shit so i went to a buddy at the (armory) where he works and grabbed a bunch of the silver (aluminum coated plastic blankets) emergency blankets taped together for reflective material, then i need to focus on making my initail build soild like your guys. Please and thankyou! Then once i got that one build i have two other bedrooms not being used and a basement thats the size of a conveinance store lmao!

Attachments

• agrobrite.jpg
    agrobrite.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 12
  • agrobrites#2.jpg
    agrobrites#2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 16

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thx bro, I got a almost 8' tall closet 4 feet wide and at the doorway 4 feet deep but it slowly tapers to 3 feet at the very back. The reason ive chosen this particular space instead of a tent is because i believe it will make a wonderful stadium or some other vert grow. I got a couple 600 hps and 400 mh i use, I did notice in chunkys pics that the one bulb close to the camera seems similar to the 7200 mh i use with regularity. I do have two 6 bulb t-5 agro brites i am trying to utilize as well. I have a shit ton of plans and no real way to explain the energy draw going from midlands to holyshit my man you welding in there? lmao!?

I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me figure out possible builds. I cant afford orcafilm type shit so i went to a buddy at the (armory) where he works and grabbed a bunch of the silver (aluminum coated plastic blankets) emergency blankets taped together for reflective material, then i need to focus on making my initail build soild like your guys. Please and thankyou! Then once i got that one build i have two other bedrooms not being used and a basement thats the size of a conveinance store lmao!

Another option is to paint everything with flat white paint. With the size of your space, $10-$15 worth of paint would prolly cover it.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
the blankies fine, the main thing is cooling your bulb
and room .
im doing a free verticle this round to get everything right up on the light sources
meaning im not gonna bind stuff up to the nettings as much this round
im sure some am,ount will be needed , but idk yet
the main thing with verticle is maximizing space and efficiency

I still have no idea what im doing yet , but im hoping now that i have my ventilation,cooling and humidity dialed in, Ill be improving yields and maybe get a better smell from my product
You see , i was pumping air out of the room ,via an 8inch fan into the scrubber, and trurning over the air maybe 2 times a minute or more
this setup is not exactly sealed , but theres much less turnover in ther
so , Im not sucking out the humidity and cool air anymore
My humidity was usually 45% and frequewntly much lower, and with the swamper , i can see my leaves are WAYYY more happy

MTNMEN

So just repaint the smaller closet, and maybe use the smaller of the two bedroom with the alumiblankets? I will take pics and start showing my progress in my thread so im not filling this up with my learning process. thankyou btw, i am encouraged by your help and energies.

Latest posts

Latest posts