What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growers and distributors who do not smoke

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
How do people deal with cannabis humans who are not consuming when it comes to cultivating usage purchasing distributing etc?

Did not want to title this thread og story because quite frankly many people do not like for example lazy alcoholic felons with no education who happen to grow. I want to clarify here and be specific because it's possible to wander off track train of thought. When references say dangerous biker organization. The answer is no please do not name that plant. I do not want dangerous criminal biker anything. If that is your personal family relative maybe it is difficult to hear. So what. Safe clean healthy cannabis means just that. Nor does anyone like anyone who openly mentions being racist. Against whom exactly? There is no such thing as not liking anyone. May as well belong to a gang as in a street gang. It means some ogs are no good.

One guy used to roll around with a triple beam scale in the trunk of his parents' Honda. He probably got it from chemistry class. He bails with a bag of trees in 'the hood' one time during high school or shortly thereafter. Him that guy, kind of looks like some sort of anti-hero as a youth, and later in life he is really only known as that guy who ran off with someone's stuff. I haven't heard of or see him after that. Locksmith killed it at Summer Jam the other people on stage weren't totally into it. Like a high school talent show they did not want to let him use the mic. One black market grower family, wakes up drunk and peddles garbage as in too lazy to pull a tarp let alone control bugs and you can forget about being organic. More like seasonal argument or who fought who over non existent budget this year.

Or prefers pills heavily to cannabis and is somehow some way still there, as in why are you here? Suppose anyone else is afraid to grow since it is illegal. So the medical dispensary has failures showing up to their door asking to sell poorly grown product and it's like no guy you stink get out of here why are you wearing sunglasses in the day? These things kind of line up meaning I try not to be judgmental or book by its cover as the saying goes. If someone has multiple children with different parents or a divorce or alcoholism or heavy drug addiction or violent outbursts or criminal record, rather all of these things put together every single one combined, and they say they only like certain people in other words they are self centered and self destructive? So in other words a loser? The exact reason for having a safe store the definition of the word legal basically as far as I am able to see.

White Beard

There *are* a considerable # folks who come across like would-be cocaine cowboys who figure pushing hippies around must be easier than dealing with Tony Montana wannabes...and having spent a minute or two with the TM wannabes, I can’t say they’re wrong in the assumption.

Still...art, that’s some hard-to-follow stuff (no offense)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've met a surprising number of ICmag growers/members who don't smoke at all or very little. Breeders/seedmakers too.

it's a job for many people but a lifesaver for me. #Smoker

picture.php

oldhaole

Veteran
Oh, is that what we were talking about? People in this biz that don't smoke? OK, I'll go there. I don't trust them. Probably a residual feeling from way back when it was illegal, but back then if you wanted to hang but not consume would usually mean one of three things; pregnancy, legal problems, or a relationship to Law Enforcement.

I still find it hypocritical, you want to feed at this trough you should at least consume the product. I'm not talking about blotto 24/7, no but you should at least have a taste in your system.... that's just my $0.02.

Florere

And btw i’m surprisedly good at pheno hunting not spot on but mostly the ones i like are picked as well with smoke tests

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Florere, I'm interested in why you choose to grow cannabis if you don't smoke it. Are you a caregiver?

To art, I think that there can be many caregivers that don't smoke who grow, or perhaps they are fascinated by all plants and they like growing a variety of plants including cannabis?

As already mentioned, a lot of people in the industry don't smoke and do it just for profit, which I guess I can't blame them, because capitalism and all, but I just grow for myself.

But with that said, aside from growers who don't smoke, there are also "breeders" that don't breed, and they run rampant. Most everything now a days is like that. That's why everything is feminized this and that.

Perhaps the title could be a bit misleading too, because you don't have to smoke to enjoy cannabis, you can eat edibles, or vape. I find myself vaping more throughout the day than smoking now.

But I don't think that everyone that grows that doesn't consume is evil or doing it for the wrong reasons. In some areas of the world, growing cannabis is the only way to make a living, and not even a decent living, so it's essential.