What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulcerative Colitis!

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Hey there. Folks. Just thought I would start off a lil something to see if I could get some sort of information from anyone who suffers or knows sufferers. Really looking for any information about the best ways to handle this with medical MJ, THC, CBD etc.

I have been diagnosed as last friday with Ulcerative colitis and once out of this hospital wish to live my life clean and not on these steroids and other synthesised pollutants.

I have been reading up quite a bit on diet and lifestyle but really would like to know more personal experiences and results from members here. Living in the, UK medical cannabis, is a wee bit tougher but I have been able to get some CBD oils and caps and lets just say providing own grown meds isnt too difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Fuzzy C:thank you:

Last edited:

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
These are the nasty tings ive been pumped full of this last 11 days so far.

Metronidazole IV drip twice daily.
Hydrocortisone IV drip 4 times daily.
Mesalazine tablets and Mesalazine rectal foam enemas twice daily.
Numerous prednisone tablets
Infliximab IV drip flush.

Horrid.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo sorry to hear fuzzy.

A friend finds great relief with daily edibles. Build up the metabolites in your system and keep them there.

FWIW I got him on sour bubble edibles which offer great anti pain and anti inflammatory effects.

Sorry to hear and good luck. Be on point with your diet my friend.

Dont forget about all the other beneficial stuff in our meds besides CBD.
I recommend a whole plant extract and daily edibles to keep the metabolites in your system.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Thanks Tony. Looks like I might get busy in the kitchen and look into some more extraction devices and method too.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Sorry to hear this, Clarence.

My good buddy has atypical crohns / ulceritive colitis.
He has been on the antibiotics and other meds since he was a kid and he still gets nasty flare-ups.

He had best results from auto strains, which leads me to think both THC and CBD are needed.

Not giving out medical advice.
If i got the diagnosis I would stop antibiotics and prescriptions.
I would eat feco with coconut oil daily.
I would being an intensive regimen of probiotics and woul construct a new diet that is based on anti-imflammation.

Any chance you were a C-section baby?
Not going through the vaginal opening during birth means that one doesn't get inoculated with the crucial probiotics needed to regulate our systems. As a result, C-section babies grow up to have asthma, aspergers, G.I. / IBS problems, mood disorders, and the list goes on. But it comes down to a lack of the correct gut microbes.
A great lineup for getting your gut healthy:
Good Belly
Sauerkraut
Miso Soup
EM-1 (cant be just LAB; you need the PNSB)
Covonut oil
Fresh cannabis
FECO

You don't have to be dependant on antibiotics and steroids -- that shit will fuck up your body.
Though, I suppose they do have their place for a nasty flare-up. But take an intense regimine of probiotics for 2-3 times the duration of the antibiotic course.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Awesome stuff. No, I was a natural birth. But not breast fed! Some weird formula thing back in the 70s.

Thanks

C

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I just got told I can go home today.:woohoo::woohoo:

Yipeeeeeeeeeee.

Still gotta do all the steroid things and stuff. But hoooooomeeee!

:thank you:[ :tiphat:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Ulcerative Colitis is a form of I.B.D., I'm more familiar with Crohn's. Watching your diet is one way to help, some foods may act like a trigger for a flair up.

I hear you about the steroids, but some times they do have their place and it can help.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
I hear ya. I have 6 weeks on them for sure then I can see what direction im going. Id rather not take them but if its necessary then so be it.

LostTribe

Premium user
yeah prednisone is pretty run of the mill they give it to elderly a lot. It should help your digestive tract heal up. I used to suffer from IBS and my friend has crohn's let me suggest you try to maintain a healthy diet. Salts, Spices, Alcohol, fatty foods, greasy foods and also very rich things like chocolate and others should definitely be avoided for the next few months to give your gut time to heal up. Eating better is very important also avoid eating 2 hours before going to bed as well. Lots of bottles water too. Hope you feel better soon and glad you are on the way home!

Best
LT

Galaxy420

Hey there. Folks. Just thought I would start off a lil something to see if I could get some sort of information from anyone who suffers or knows sufferers. Really looking for any information about the best ways to handle this with medical MJ, THC, CBD etc.

I have been diagnosed as last friday with Ulcerative colitis and once out of this hospital wish to live my life clean and not on these steroids and other synthesised pollutants.

I have been reading up quite a bit on diet and lifestyle but really would like to know more personal experiences and results from members here. Living in the, UK medical cannabis, is a wee bit tougher but I have been able to get some CBD oils and caps and lets just say providing own grown meds isnt too difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Fuzzy C:thank you:
using raw juiced cannabis leaves has shown to benefit your condition. juiced is the best for IBS too

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
if that violates tou just pull it ;)~
Basically they send the base oil and you add your own THC/CBD oil

The hemp place uses several cannatonic strains and is low enough in THC to be USA legal to send... And of course that is something we really really care about ;)

Stay Fuzzy

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
Clarence have you been tested for Helicobacter pylori? this bacteria is know to play a role in developing ulcerative colitus.....

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Ok so ive order the 8oz option. I was just gonna start with the 2oz but since the shipping s $35 for both options thought wiser.

Is this good stuff then? willing to try anything....lol.

Cheers
C:tiphat:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=31510&pictureid=1625227&thumb=1]View Image[/url] if that violates tou just pull it ;)~
Basically they send the base oil and you add your own THC/CBD oil

The hemp place uses several cannatonic strains and is low enough in THC to be USA legal to send... And of course that is something we really really care about ;)

Stay Fuzzy