What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much lumens to keep plants from flowering??

Stank J.P.

good question. I tried supp. lighting last year and I must have used too weak of bulbs cause they didn't stop em from flipping and re-vegging. I'll check what kind of shit bulbs I used when I'm in the shed today and get back to you.

theJointedOne

Veteran
most cfl's (compact flouros) work fine, the best being the 'bright light' versions, i think i used 23watters (real watts, so they list it as like 100 or 200 watt comparison) which was plenty bright.

what about some LED's as outdoor supplemental lightning? there are some pretty bright 6-11watt LED bulbs. would that keep a plant from flowering?

p0opstlnksal0t

Bumping an old thread. Any of you guys using 23w LEDs on light strings to keep your outdoor plants from going into flower early spring? I'm thinking 23w 3000k LEDs on light strings that kick on a few hours before sun up.

Latest posts

Latest posts