What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

i´m searching for a friend that have health problem the original skunk, but only i heard that the more similar to the original skunk is the Road Kill Skunk... skunkman please, lights my way bro!, who is the more similar to the real skunk?

Thanks for everythink friends!

G

Yes, Neville received his Haze seeds from the Haze Brothers.

Originally Posted by shantibaba
Nevil received seed of from the Haze bros and through alot of trial and error that is where the few Haze selected males and females came from.
I believe Nev and Sam were doing a few things ...but separately and Sam is only speculating about the Haze. The egos got in the way more than anything else. THe only thing that makes me a little skeptical about Sam's view is the point he says he gave Nev his worst Haze for Nev to make seed with. How did he know it was the worst ,had he bred it to other Hazes? Why had he kept it so long, and for what reasons would a good breeder keep a so called bad Haze plant? Why would he agree for Nev to make a batch of seed with it if it was bs? and so on....for me that point seems more ego than reality. To this day both Nevil and I have used Haze seed and selected Haze plants to continue to make old strains as well as develop newer hybrids.SSH is tested and tried by so many people world wide, regardless of all the speculations MNS has the real one that made so many growers happy, what evidence do you all need more?

All the best Sb

Last edited:
G

Well, Neville isn't around for us to ask, but to me, what Sam says about not knowing where the year 1969 comes into play reings very true. Perhaps Neville just picked the year to give the line he was selling extra cachet - lots of things in the seed biz are made up just to sell seeds, it happens in most industries and it's called marketing but when you know the truth marketing just looks like a pack of lies!

Sam, what would you say the ratio of truly great Haze plants to ones not so good is with the Original Haze line? How many would you suggest someone should grow out to look for the special individuals?

Got any tips for growing Haze indoors or is it a case of Haze just won't work too well under lights?

Good luck finding a Skunk that smells like a Skunk Alfred. Sam has said many times that he worked the Skunk #1 line to be sweet and not so smelly as the smell was so bad it would go through brick walls and folks were getting busted as a result. You won't find what you're looking for from Skunk #1 and Sam has said he has no plans to re-release an older Skunk line from before he selected out the stinky indica side. Perhaps you will find something suitable for your friend from an Afghan line as many Afghan have very strong sometimes unpleasant odours and it is said that most of the 'RKS' around in the early 80s in the US was outdoor Afghanis, certainly I know people who were growing Afghans outdoors in Georgia in 1984 and they say the famous 'Georgia Skunk' was outdoor Afghani buds.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
AnatomiclySound said:
Hi Sam,
Yes Im aware of your position on this Sam, but as I said I have no reason to doubt the words of the MNS crew. Shantibaba is one of the most outstanding gentleman in the industry. And as far as the 1969 lines, I do believe the plants in question were pulled from Seed not clone. And to my knowledge,(dont quote me on this) there are backup seeds from the same stock in case anything major were to happen.

So fine, where did they come from in 1969 as the Haze Brothers never made extra seeds or sold seeds? It is a nice story but it has no basis in facts. Unless you can explain where the seeds came from in 1969 it is all just a bunch of talk. I don't think Shantibaba knows the real truth, he was not there in 1969, and anyone could of made up anything about seeds to sell them to MNSeed Co, but I bet if you ask he got them from Neville, and then I do know the truth and it is not as you say.

Anyway enough of this, you were not there, you are repeating the stories of others who were not their, no one you talk to was there, and it is a waste of my time to argue with somone who in fact does not have any idea or know the truth about what happened in 1969 or 1984 with Original Haze.
You have no idea how close I was to the Haze Bros and it bum's me out that people so far removed form the events try and tell me what happened, remember I was there.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
AnatomiclySound said:
Yes, Neville received his Haze seeds from the Haze Brothers themselves.

Funny, I still know them and they both said point blank no way.
BTW One of the Haze Bros spent all of the 80's & 90's in Mexico retired, the other Haze grower had quit growing Original Haze in 1980 because he found Skunk #1 easier to grow. Niether ever made large batches of seeds, and as far as I know neither had any Original Haze seeds left by the early 1980's when Neville got them from the Haze Bros??? And they both clearly said they did not sell Neville anything, or even meet him.

Remember that Shantibaba was not around when Neville claimed to get Original Haze Seeds from the Haze Bros, he may well have been told this by Neville but it does not make it true. Neville has been know to bend the truth more then once, and has lied to me more then once, when it was to his advantage.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

British_Hempire said:
Well, Neville isn't around for us to ask, but to me, what Sam says about not knowing where the year 1969 comes into play reings very true. Perhaps Neville just picked the year to give the line he was selling extra cachet - lots of things in the seed biz are made up just to sell seeds, it happens in most industries and it's called marketing but when you know the truth marketing just looks like a pack of lies!

To be honest with you British, I wouldnt expect any less from you then this post. Im not sure how you insinuate the 1969 quote is a lie, and claim it rings true to you?

How does it ring true to you? What part in any of this did you play? To call someone a liar without any proof is in bad taste British, especially when you have ZERO evidence to support your position. Nobody is even calling anyone a liar in this thread, but you. Why would you come into this thread and start dropping negative comments?

joaquin386

Sam_Skunkman said:
joaquin386
"And I am wondering Sam if the stock from seedsman is originally from you"

I do not know what any seed seller sells, ask them if it is my varieties or if I made the seeds.
Remember I suggest real Original Haze for breeding, not commercial crops, you may be lucky and find a real keeper for production, but the odds are low. Just try and cross the best you find X your favorite varieties, and you will find lots of keepers.

-SamS

Thanks for the advice SamS much apreciated.

G

Sam_Skunkman said:
So fine, where did they come from in 1969 as the Haze Brothers never made extra seeds or sold seeds? It is a nice story but it has no basis in facts. Unless you can explain where the seeds came from in 1969 it is all just a bunch of talk. I don't think Shantibaba knows the real truth, he was not there in 1969, and anyone could of made up anything about seeds to sell them to MNSeed Co, but I bet if you ask he got them from Neville, and then I do know the truth and it is not as you say.

Anyway enough of this, you were not there, you are repeating the stories of others who were not their, no one you talk to was there, and it is a waste of my time to argue with somone who in fact does not have any idea or know the truth about what happened in 1969 or 1984 with Original Haze.
You have no idea how close I was to the Haze Bros and it bum's me out that people so far removed form the events try and tell me what happened, remember I was there.

-SamS

You're right Sam, I wasnt there. Never claimed to be mate, but we as growers/customers of the various seedbanks like to discuss things such as this becuase its our money that goes for these varietys.
Some of us take this all very seriously, and even the smallest detail is considered a morsel. I can only bring information to this thread that I obtain from the most reliable sources available.

I have no reason to doubt Neville and Shantibaba, but I can see your position clearly Sam. In my experience through the years, the people at MNS have been very honest and forth right with me and others. They are the only bank that stands behind their seeds 100%. Thats something I would call admirable and is a sign of deep rooted honesty. They sell a product, and want their customers to be happy. If their customers are not happy, they go out of their way to make it right. Thats the hallmark of an honest man and an honest company.

So I have no reason to call Neville or Shantibaba a liar. But the information is available for all to decipher. There is no reason for information to be held tight, hidden away from the masses. Its the history of the varietys and industry that many of us are very passionate about. So the facts, whatever they may be are always something extremely valuable in a historical context.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am sure Shantibaba would tell the truth if he knew the truth, but he was told these FACTS by Neville whom I know tells lies. But please no more about this, I find it upsetting too argue the facts with someone that has them second or third hand. It is a waste of my time to be honest I don't like it.

I mean Neville sold all my varieties to Sinsi Seeds when he closed the Seed Bank, for big $ and then I told Ben they were never Neville's to sell in the first place and I had spent years developing them, I don't blame Ben but I do think Neville is not someone that you go to to find the truth, unless it is to his advantge to tell the truth.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

Sam_Skunkman said:
I am sure Shantibaba would tell the truth if he knew the truth, but he was told these FACTS by Neville whom I know tells lies. But please no more about this, I find it upsetting too argue the facts with someone that has them second or third hand. It is a waste of my time to be honest I I don't like it.

-SamS
Never intended to bum you out Sam, as I have mentioned I respect you more then you realize. The conversation ends here from my stand point.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
here is a smoke report of some O Haze from Seedsman Seeds bought earlier on in the 90s and grown last year

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=80945

i'm a Sat lover and get to sample alot of strains but i've got to say-after some consideration-that it gives the best hit that i've ever had. It is like a combination of LSD and pure adrenaline. There is no stone to it-and apparently no ceiling. Of the people that i know who've tried it-quite a few get paranoid if they smoke too much. When i've started to get the jitters on it i've used techniques that we used to use to get a handle on things when trips got too wierd-and its been fine.

It's been crossed with old Sensi Hash Plant genetics and they are being grown out ATM-the seeds have been given away freely-its not a commercial project-its a free party vibe.

one thing i've been wanting to ask Sam is what does the OHaze that you know smell like? This one smells strongly of dried mango slices-with another smell that is sort of piney but also a bit like plastic.

thanks
eddie

G

More valuable history!!!!!!!!

Well this has some really good stories......
To bad the OTHER guy's are not here to speak??
From the sound of SAM i believe him mostly!
Hell we didnt even have lights in 1969,never mind clones?
Myself i started growing NON-stop in 1974,and i didnt think
lighting was around till a few years later.....am i right SAM?
When would you say cloning came into play SAM??
Thanks!

D

Dalaihempy

Sam_Skunkman said:
But maybe he meant seeds from 1969? And not grown until the 80's? To be honest I do not know.
-SamS

hiya sam from what i know its infact seeds that nevile got that date back to 69 and they were collected in the us not from urope i forgot the year tho.

Not posting to piss any off or to upset.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Mid to late 70's. About the time of the first Medal Halide lights being used indoors. But I know of no clones much older then 20 years, still alive today.

-SamS

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings all, another font of info here, just wonderful!

Was just wondering how OT1 Haze emerged from all this?

Hurk

These guys claim to have an heirloom haze dating from the late 60's. What do you you think?

Cannabis Eye Magazine - Pure Haze

I cant seem to post a link. Here's there description:

Pure Haze
( Breeders Choice )
Price: Euros 30.00

Summary:

* Pure Sativa Heirloom from the late 60's
* Gorgeous pure equatorial plants
* Authentic Californian Genetics
* Open Pollinated family line
* 10 Seeds Per Pack

Overview:
This is a heirloom line of pure Hazes originating in the Californian region in the late 60's to early '70's. The line is a assecion of seeds maintained pure for many years. BCSC used all available plants from this first generation, this was two males onto eight females in order to maximise the variety within the line.

The variety within the line has been maintained with origional creeper, Purple, Green and other phenotype expressions present during our test grows in 2006. Due to the variety within the line, we believe this line to offer amazing breeding potential.

Specifications:

* Sativa/Indica: Pure Sativa
* Indoor/Greenhouse: 18-26 Weeks
* Outdoor finish: Late December/January, 30 degrees latitude and South.
* Odor level: Low
* Mite resistance: High
* Mould Resistance: High
* Stretch: 4x and greater
* Yield: High

Details:

1. Seed Lot: Created 01/05
2. Breeding History: Assecion #1 from BCSC
3. Germination Tested: 01/07 - 94/100 & 03/07 - 92/100
4. Flowering Time: 18 - 20 weeks approximate flowering time

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Why not get some real original haze from the source selected (who ever is reliable and honest) and then cross with Old Timer's haze then do the searching through the f2's to see what pops up or backcross to stock seed made from the O. Haze beans, you know line breed them back to the Original Haze. All that is needed then is to know what to look for when selecting breeding stock. Would you please give some direction Sam?

dkmonk

Wow so much information Sam you are a legend to me. After reading all this I'm getting quit confused as to which so called original haze i would want to cross w/ an unkown hybrid that i have that is an amazing resilent plant. Would it be the Flying Dutchmans "original haze"?

Sorry for not understanding, it's just the words original haze have been used alot and i dont know if you mean the actual original or the hybrid of the original or nevilles haze.