What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cooling a 10x10x7 with 6x1000w deb

Hi guys so....I have a question for some experienced growers. I have a 10x10x7 tent and was planning on putting 4-6 1000w deb non sealed reflectors in there. The calculation I did for lighting was 65w multiplied by the 100sqft which gave me 6500watts total lighting. Then for the cooling calculation I did 4200BTU's of cooling needed for the ambient temp of a 100sqft room(saw it on a chart) then an additional 4000BTU's for each 1000w lamp. Which gives me a total of 28,200 BTU's.

I don't plan on having any ballasts in the room putting off extra heat. My question is If I have a 30K BTU mini split will that be enough to cool this room in the hot summer months?(about two months of 80-90 in New England) Also what size of dehumidifier or humidifier would I need? I will be adding C02.

Any input on this or recommedations would be greatly appreciated. Im doing this for profit and I'm going for high yeilds. I know theres a learning curve and maybe I won't get what a seasoned grower would get, but I want to start off having my grow room setup ready for when my experience catches up to it. I have however grown outdoors for 15 years and know how to feed, train,top.