What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scumbags & Thieves

Green Squall

I feel so incredibly bad for my father. He's the greatest guy who's always there for his family and does little for himself. Not sure he's ever committed a bad deed in his whole life. I woke up this morning to a frantic phone call telling me his office has been broken into and a lot of money way gone. We're talking 5 figures here - money that's he's been saving for 15 years. For someone without a formal education, someone who built his business from the ground up and often works 7 days a week, he's the last person to deserve this. We're not sure if this was done by people who knew what they were doing or if it was local junkies, but if it was the latter, I hope those assholes get a nice, heaping dose of fentanyl in their next hit.

troutman

Seed Whore
:moon:

I hate junkies too.

I hope there was some video surveillance nearby that caught the culprits faces.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I hate theives, I have been broken into, had my son rip me and, greenhouse broken into. The feeling of being violated is almost as bad as losing what they stole espically in my son’s case.

Green Squall

I hate theives, I have been broken into, had my son rip me and, greenhouse broken into. The feeling of being violated is almost as bad as losing what they stole espically in my son’s case.

I've had my debit card compromised before, but that was peanuts compared to what my dad lost. This isn't exactly a big city, so hopefully someone gets noticed flashing around a lot of money. I swear If I find out who did this, they are fucked.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Scumbags. Sorry to hear. I'm guessing somebody had an idea there was money in there.

Green Squall

Scumbags. Sorry to hear. I'm guessing somebody had an idea there was money in there.

No one knew. Multiple offices in the complex were broken into and police said there have been similar burglaries in the area. They have the guys on surveillance from a few days ago, but haven't been able to ID them. I told him not to keep the money there, but he seemed to think it was secure.

Mattbho

5 figures like ? xx,xxx.xx wtf ya cant keep 10k in an office building what if there was a fire? Some of the old timers i swear . I hope they catch the fuckers and return some assets

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've had my debit card compromised before, but that was peanuts compared to what my dad lost. This isn't exactly a big city, so hopefully someone gets noticed flashing around a lot of money. I swear If I find out who did this, they are fucked.

Go around to the cool stores and ask "any shady people frivolously buying cool stuff with cash who were normally only browsing before?"

Green Squall

5 figures like ? xx,xxx.xx wtf ya cant keep 10k in an office building what if there was a fire? Some of the old timers i swear . I hope they catch the fuckers and return some assets

Ya, except way more than 10k. I know. Horrible idea and he knows he fucked up and just seems morose at this point. My mother is pissed off and understandably so. I think the size of the building and saving for many years gave him a false sense of security. Cops are actually doing they're job and we're thankful for that.

Green Squall

Go around to the cool stores and ask "any shady people frivolously buying cool stuff with cash who were normally only browsing before?"

Its barely a city, so not really any stores to drop large wads of cash. Most break ins around here are drug related, so I suggested my dad offer a $1,000 reward. If it is indeed a junkie, hopefully he will start bragging and someone will turn him in for the reward money.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Has to be somebody that knows your Father well enough to have had knowledge that he kept money in his office.

TM is spot on about asking local store owner's about whom has recently dropped by and spent larger than normal sums of cash.

In a small town, everybody knows everyone's personal business.

Might not be a bad idea - if possible - to ask the local drug dealer's the same question.

Best of luck in finding these MF's.

Always remember, loose lips sink ships.

RMS

:smoweed:

Green Squall

Has to be somebody that knows your Father well enough to have had knowledge that he kept money in his office.

TM is spot on about asking local store owner's about whom has recently dropped by and spent larger than normal sums of cash.

In a small town, everybody knows everyone's personal business.

Might not be a bad idea - if possible - to ask the local drug dealer's the same question.

Best of luck in finding these MF's.

Always remember, loose lips sink ships.

RMS

Literally no one knew about the money and it was behind multiple locked doors. No one had the key to his personal office except him - not even the landlord. And as mentioned, other offices were burglarized in the building with kicked in doors. Another guy lost money as well. Police are pretty sure its connected to a few other burglaries in the area and they sent some stuff they found into the crime lab.

I've always had compassion for people suffering from addiction, but I swear if it turns out to be a junkie, I'm done caring.

Thanks though. I appreciate your advice and everyone messages. We are all still in shock.