What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question About Nutrients

gardenfather

I Bought some Nutrients from Nutri+ Brand

I noticed they have a lot of other Nutrients that i dont see on their feeding chart.

My question is do you need everything single Nutrient they supply?

Is it overkill? should i just stick with a few?

Sorry just dont want to kill my plants.

As of right now i have

Nutri+ BLACK
Nutri+ CARBORATOR
Nutri+ START
Nutri+ NUTRIENT GROW B
Nutri+ NUTRIENT GROW A
Nutri+ NUTRIENT BLOOM B
Nutri+ NUTRIENT BLOOM A
Nutri+ Bud Plus Powder Formula

But they do offer a bunch more Nutrients and im not sure if i need them as ive said or its just overkill....

Also bought their soil

Nutri+ Nutri Mix

Big Nasty

no,like any other brand out there you just need a complete formula and a pk for flowering,then there are products that helps to keep the plant healthy and happy,those can be useful but not necessary.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do teas and have a good soil base adding in amendments. Recommend trying Organic Plant Magic (a tea or mix in soil)...we use as a tea every 3rd watering. Add alfalfa meal, mushroom compost....it's quite sufficient.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
It looks like you have more than enough.

I have just 4 bottles, and two of them are pH down.

Many feeds are lacking. Making you buy more additives to put them right. The most common thing they scam you with, is not enough calcium and magnesium. Two very important things, they like to imagine will come out the tap. Leaving people in soft water areas, and especially RO water users, needing to add calmag type additives to the tank, before it's any use for making up their nutrient.

I don't know what your growing in, or what your water is like. It might be calmag your running back to the shop for though. If anything.

I will say again, I'm in coco, using just 4 bottles. No matter how soft or hard the water. Some stuff works, and some you can make work. Yours I don't know. But don't get carried away by the advertising claims. I know people that about empty the shelves in the hydro store. Using more than one pk booster as an example, without considering that together they get neither. The stock there always contains the latest and greatest, beside the new improved, and best yeilds/taste ever additive. Which will be in a different bottle next year, because new bottles sell, not old products that don't work. It's the promise that you might not be the best grower in the world, simply because you havn't had the right tools until now. The idea in our mind that maybe that Kg per meter strain is real, and we just need the right bottle of magic to make us capable.

I don't suggest a newb even uses PK. It's about the only important addition, but used wrongly does more harm than good. Keep it handy and watch your plants. They may ask for it, but if not, then not using any isn't going to loose you much. The correct application rates comes from experience, not the bottles directions.

I have never aired this online, but having spoke to a number of people, and been there myself, the bottle doses kill buds overnight. Anything growing off the main stem gets fried to a crisp in 24 hours. While the rest of the plant takes on such a load it tastes bad. Which is in line with the application principle. That you load the plant up over a few days, and this load is used up over a few weeks. However we all found lower doses over longer periods works better. I typically have my ec up towards 1.6 by PK time. Though 1.4 would be enough. At PK time, I will drop my feed to the more realistic 1.4 then increase to 1.6 again using the PK. The taste never recovers after being burnt by PK.

Edit: Oh soil.. not sure how I missed that. Calmag is much less likely to be needed, even with RO

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of the time less (but good quality) is more. If plant can't take up nutrients, it''s a waste of $$. Just my nickel opinion.

gardenfather

Do teas and have a good soil base adding in amendments. Recommend trying Organic Plant Magic (a tea or mix in soil)...we use as a tea every 3rd watering. Add alfalfa meal, mushroom compost....it's quite sufficient.

It looks like you have more than enough.

I have just 4 bottles, and two of them are pH down.

Many feeds are lacking. Making you buy more additives to put them right. The most common thing they scam you with, is not enough calcium and magnesium. Two very important things, they like to imagine will come out the tap. Leaving people in soft water areas, and especially RO water users, needing to add calmag type additives to the tank, before it's any use for making up their nutrient.

I don't know what your growing in, or what your water is like. It might be calmag your running back to the shop for though. If anything.

I will say again, I'm in coco, using just 4 bottles. No matter how soft or hard the water. Some stuff works, and some you can make work. Yours I don't know. But don't get carried away by the advertising claims. I know people that about empty the shelves in the hydro store. Using more than one pk booster as an example, without considering that together they get neither. The stock there always contains the latest and greatest, beside the new improved, and best yeilds/taste ever additive. Which will be in a different bottle next year, because new bottles sell, not old products that don't work. It's the promise that you might not be the best grower in the world, simply because you havn't had the right tools until now. The idea in our mind that maybe that Kg per meter strain is real, and we just need the right bottle of magic to make us capable.

I don't suggest a newb even uses PK. It's about the only important addition, but used wrongly does more harm than good. Keep it handy and watch your plants. They may ask for it, but if not, then not using any isn't going to loose you much. The correct application rates comes from experience, not the bottles directions.

I have never aired this online, but having spoke to a number of people, and been there myself, the bottle doses kill buds overnight. Anything growing off the main stem gets fried to a crisp in 24 hours. While the rest of the plant takes on such a load it tastes bad. Which is in line with the application principle. That you load the plant up over a few days, and this load is used up over a few weeks. However we all found lower doses over longer periods works better. I typically have my ec up towards 1.6 by PK time. Though 1.4 would be enough. At PK time, I will drop my feed to the more realistic 1.4 then increase to 1.6 again using the PK. The taste never recovers after being burnt by PK.

Edit: Oh soil.. not sure how I missed that. Calmag is much less likely to be needed, even with RO

Most of the time less (but good quality) is more. If plant can't take up nutrients, it''s a waste of $$. Just my nickel opinion.

Thanks for all your inputs helped me a lot :)