What's new

CBD concentrate allergies

therevverend

Veteran
My mom has been going through a tough time dealing with chronic pain. She decided to give CBD concentrates a try. She bought some drops that are supposed to go under the tongue and dissolve into the bloodstream. She took a very small amount, maybe 1/4 of the recommended dose. Within half an hour the back of her throat, her tonsils and uvula swelled up. Huge, to the point she was worried but not so bad she had to seek medical help.

Obviously this is unusual. I've tried to find information on it, if it's happened to other people. Haven't found a thing. I'm guessing this is an allergic reaction the area affected is part of the lymph nodes. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I know cannabis allergies are fairly common.

When plant material, leaves and stalks, rub my skin during Veg I break out in an itchy rash that can become extensive. Once the plant begins to flower I'm no longer allergic to it, I'm guessing it's chemical makeup must change. At harvest and trimming I've never broke out. I know other people that have similar allergies. But I've never heard of an allergy to concentrates.

There's a couple of other substances in the concentrate, coconut oil and peppermint oil, both of which my mom isn't allergic to. Which leaves either the extraction agent used to concentrate the CBD or the CBD itself. Has anyone heard of anything similar? Or any ideas.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Not necessarily allergies but I bought a $60 CBD tincture vial and it gave me a headache. To compare, resin/rosin/bho made from AC/DC or Ringo's Gift is great, I enjoy those. However the tincture vial, I think what is known as CBD from hemp, really was not usable in my experience. The medicinal benefit wasn't there like flower concentrates, I'm inclined to say it did little else besides give me a headache and mild nausea. Of course no response from the manufacturer. It is interesting to say the least, how there can be both regulation and rampant gimmicks in legal sales.

It could be a CBD allergy or maybe one of the carrier ingredients? Allergies can be fairly rare and unique from what I gather.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would have her rub a dab on her skin and see if it has the same reaction. Definitely try a different product. I'd really want to try CBD isolate, to make sure it is the CBD.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a lot of hemp seed oil being sold as CBD oil too for that matter. I wouldn't use much of what is currently on the market unless it was accompanied by a lab test that verified the claims on the label.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts