What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best botritys resistant strain

gotnoname

Hello,

Botritys is a very big problem for greenhouse growers in eastern Canada, where humidity is extremely high during the growing season.

For some growers it is possible to heat/exhaust to dehumidify but no matter botritys/bud rot always appear at one point.

This is why I would like to know which popular/hype strains could be grown in a humid environment at full term without the risk of mold,
NOT looking for an early flowering strain, just high quality and mold resistance..,

(I know diseases can be avoided by controlling the environment but sometimes it is impossible.)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Perhaps you could sort through some serious6. It's pretty much an outdoor, but while some finish in 5 weeks indoors, some will do the full 7-9 weeks and be alright. If your just using the sun, in a greenhouse, then it's about right. I have grown it in lowland marsh areas where fog and mist are daily occurrences. It stays in veg when lit 24/7 so cuttings are not an issue.

There are a number of allowed treatments now. One is a living thing that eats 'the nasty' and has been spoke off recently. Look in the regalia thread

gotnoname

ive heard of regalia but I used actinovate preventivly in the past with no succes and they are supposed to be working similarly

Jammal

With the long sun hours and need for humidity resistance,,why not try some very Sativa autoflowers?...a few super auto variety look pretty promising.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Regalia is supposed to cause a positive stress on the plant to make it's own defenses work in over drive to help resist pathogens. Actinovate is supposed to colonize the plant surface and prevent mildew from being able to find a place to grow. Actinovate for me has never worked on anything other than strawberries and things like bacillus subtillus work better.

Based one what I have been hearing from Leamington, pink kush does well, the diesels work well etc.

CrushnYuba

Hello,

Botritys is a very big problem for greenhouse growers in eastern Canada, where humidity is extremely high during the growing season.

For some growers it is possible to heat/exhaust to dehumidify but no matter botritys/bud rot always appear at one point.

This is why I would like to know which popular/hype strains could be grown in a humid environment at full term without the risk of mold,
NOT looking for an early flowering strain, just high quality and mold resistance..,

(I know diseases can be avoided by controlling the environment but sometimes it is impossible.)

GG#4 Is almost impossible to give botritys. It's pretty hyped. Maybe not anymore as much. The bud structure makes it difficult to rot and It's pretty vigorous. Nice separate huge calyxs. Stays nice and green. Even if it does get a spot of rot, it usually doesn't spread.

THC123

Veteran
Amnesia core cut (also available in s1 seeds), Happy brother, White jones all are very resistant to botrytis in my greenhouse. Other strains rot away but not these. Especially happy brother is very resistant.

gotnoname

Amnesia core cut (also available in s1 seeds), Happy brother, White jones all are very resistant to botrytis in my greenhouse. Other strains rot away but not these. Especially happy brother is very resistant.

in what region are you ? hows your climate ?

THC123

Veteran
I am from Belgium so we more or less have the same crappy climate as England with LOTS of humidity. Some strains, like sour bubble or AG13 just mold away leaving nothing to be harvested. But the strains I mentionned there I was able to harvest in a greenhouse without dehumidifier! Just an oscillating fan.

Karma should have some happy brother bx seeds, check him out! For amnesia they have "the kore" at gorillaclothing which is an amnesia core cut S1

blastfrompast

Veteran
Might I suggest what I did..

Find some buddies with horrible grows with re-occuring....and throw cuts at them...

Great way to test for resistance ... :)

Found a prize lady Im running this year that way myself :)

If everything else in the room got budrot and one strain didn't....i call that a bit more than random.....and if it happens a 2nd time....i call it Fate :)

lol..

Upside I have helped clean up 2 friends grows this way..... one PM and one boitrys..

I'd say if I was you ....look at terpene profiles also....

My star is a unknown cut from 2000 or so....

Fingers crossed for this year lol

Jammal

Some of the old stock Sensi Seeds were made just for that.and been tested for decades

I'd check out Purple #1
Shaman
hollands hope
frisian dew

gotnoname

Some of the old stock Sensi Seeds were made just for that.and been tested for decades

I'd check out Purple #1
Shaman
hollands hope
frisian dew
The thing with old euro strains is that there’s no market for them and they don’t have high thc. Content.

Just ended using same strain PK (similar to bubba kush) decreased plant density , defoliate more, control temps and Rh as much as a I can. Spring light dep had barely any rot but still some

Last edited:

gotnoname

Pictures

Attachments

• 60B4E59F-8A85-4DEA-8DF1-799E2C05C85D.jpg
    60B4E59F-8A85-4DEA-8DF1-799E2C05C85D.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 6F7D7CBC-D08F-4B3A-ADCA-2BD9D3CEA9A8.jpg
    6F7D7CBC-D08F-4B3A-ADCA-2BD9D3CEA9A8.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Latest posts