What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You want Yellow plants when harvest?

Hi ICmaggers again.

When to stop feeding when grow organic in soil?

I have stop feeding 2weeks before.

My plants are green when i need harvest them.

Maybe i need stop feed my plants 3-4 weeks before?

You want them be more yellow than green when you harvest?

Will Organic Supersoil plants ever turn yellow?

Is this important?
You maybe dont want smoke alot plant feeding?

It was easy with chemical nutes.
I found it harder get them yellow at harwest with Organics

So i maybe need stop feeding before than now ?
In my Case 2weeks is not enough.
I need stop feeding 3-4 weeks before maybe?

Is that important the plants goes a bit Yellow in organics before harvest ?
I know you really want this if you do Chemical nutes.
How about Organic grow ?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
run organics im at day 59 been flushing for 10 gonna harvest one plants in few days got super fade going on it. i brushed my arm against the skywalker now i keep getting whiffs of fuel gonna run that one 20 more days

run organics im at day 59 been flushing for 10 gonna harvest one plants in few days got super fade going on it. i brushed my arm against the skywalker now i keep getting whiffs of fuel gonna run that one 20 more days

This means you end up with feeding 30 days / 4 weeks in the end ?

I believe i try this.
Both 3 and 4 weeks.
See what works best for me

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
on the earlier strain ran to 49 days then flushed for two will cut down 63 days. i got a friend who pounds the organics and i noticed he takes longer to flush doesnt get those nice fall colors. gonna start flushing the longer ones at day 65 and cut down day 80. i feel 2 weeks is plenty sometimes extra few days helps to

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Plant senescence is the final stage of development during which the plant recycles the valuable cellular building blocks that have been deposited in the leaves and other parts of the plant during growth. These reusable nutrients are then stored in the plant until they can be used in new growth or sent to the seed to provide a nutrient store for the next generation. Maintaining an efficient senescence process is therefore essential for the fitness of the plant or its seed. Senescence is a complex, highly regulated process that requires new gene expression and involves the interactions of many signalling pathways. "

The above quote is linked to the source, just so you are aware.

Technically, harvesting before senescence takes place means your plants has never fully matured to begin with. You essentially want the plant to cannibalize itself, using the nutrient reserves within the leaves to feed the last stage of ripening.

You see this same process with trees in the fall as they turn color and lose their leaves. Same thing is happening with cannabis.

picture.php

picture.php

Important to note, the plant turning color below, has begun senescence, but has not utilized all the nutrients in the leaves yet. Look how green the underside still is. Towards the bottom however, you can see the curling beginning, and the underside of the leaves have turned a pale purple. This is what should be happening as the plant begins to actually finish and fully ripen.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Personally, when a plant is just about ready, I just quit watering a couple days prior to harvest and ensure the plants use up everything they can from the reserves. If they can't get it from the soil, they will get it from the leaves. This ensures a clean and tasty organic flower.

YOU DO NOT "FLUSH" organic soil.

dank.Frank

Thank you all so Much.
And Special thank´s to Dank.Frank

Im glad i started this threath.

So its only a win stop feeding extra nutes in good time then ?

1 You get better end product
2 Healthier
3 Money Saving
4 Eco Saving

This will be fun find out.
Now i need stop extra feeding 1-2 weeks earlier .

better-time-quotes-7.jpg

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What Frank has detailed above and what I mentioned a few days ago https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8520412&postcount=37 is a critical lesson for natural cannabis horticulture.

Depending upon the style of growing (and the X factor:)); e.g. no-till, recycled soil with homemade amendments or purchased 'organic' fertilizers the grower has varying influence on the length and appearance of senescence.

It is a natural process. It is NOT created by the grower. [I tire of boasting by growers claiming sole responsibility for the fade because they know precisely when to discontinue feeding] As I mentioned in the post linked there can be ample nitrogen sequestered in the soil to support a newly transplanted occupant post harvest and despite this the current resident plant will turn yellow anyway.

Plants know if they need nitrogen and can control this if not force fed (ionics).

Kinda amusing is that we previously heard; OMG my leaves are turning yellow! (hand wringing) what shall I ever do??
NOW; OMG my leaves are staying green! what ever shall I do??

Just a quick today. Because i most go soon out.

I just want to say i have reduce all my nutrients with 50% in after feeding.
And the plants look just great.
I will take some Pictures some day and show you :)

A good SuperSoil never need alot EXTRA nutrients after i think ?
Exxept for the super long time plants that needs flowertime more than 12 weeks.
Half dosage must work i think ?

Okey this is also about how long you veg and how large pots you use ?
Extreme well vegget plants got huge roots and stems, they need offcourse full dosage extras

I hope this works now like this to the Harvest, and that they turn more yellow this time at harvest.
And also that the smoke is good also is important :)
This must be more healthy smoke then.
And also saving alot money

-
Got lot pm and things to ansver in other threaths
Maybe later today or tomorrow :)

see ya all

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
when i first started i would do what the nutrients called for most of the time it was to much. reducing is good for sure

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my organic grows in pics,,
Plants should turn “ organic ugly” lol,, using bio biz all mix,,
Reduce feed and full two weeks with water only,,,s2

Sunshineinabag

Huh, I've always just used a complete compost soil medium.....and only did a top dress compost or a tea compost if I saw a glaring deficiency in the plants......I've NEVER fed flowering cultivar nutrients past week 2 of flower........

Last edited:
One of my organic grows in pics,,
Plants should turn “ organic ugly” lol,, using bio biz all mix,,
Reduce feed and full two weeks with water only,,,s2
View Image View Image

AMAZING! PERFECT !

This is what im looking for also :)

This is Medicine real. And taste must be Heaven after proper cure !
Clean

Looks damn good :)

Less is More many times they say !

Overfeeding is stupid because:
You harm Nature
You harm your Health
You spend extra money to hurt plants and you self and others when doing it.

Thank you all for talking about this .
Its important to know this actually.

Im trying my best now to make this right.

Reduce and Reduce untill you see them go yellow at harvest :)
Save more money also :)

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AMAZING! PERFECT !

This is what im looking for also :)

This is Medicine real. And taste must be Heaven after proper cure !
Clean

Looks damn good :)

Less is More many times they say !

Overfeeding is stupid because:
You harm Nature
You harm your Health
You spend extra money to hurt plants and you self and others when doing it.

Thank you all for talking about this .
Its important to know this actually.

Im trying my best now to make this right.

Reduce and Reduce untill you see them go yellow at harvest :)
Save more money also :)

Thanks Russian.,,,
Like others have mentioned the plants will tell you what and when they needed,,,s2:tiphat: