What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Grow SWCO

hangin

Hi All,

We are a small family farm in southwest Colorado, entering our second season of growing industrial hemp for CBD. Last season we learned many lessons (usually the hard way) struggled through adverse weather but with poor genetics managed to yield enough #s to fund a new grow at a different site.

The dirt at this new site seems mediocre at best, when examining the soil test i see K is through the roof and magnesium is high. Im worried the magnesium will aid in compaction of the soil and limit growth of the plants.The insanely basic ph also worries me along with the high K value

Organic matter is something i think the site desperately needs. Ive been looking at amending an OMRI listed commercial compost (only thing i can find in bulk and reasonably $$) or chicken litter to add as an initial base for the plants to grow in. Thinking this initial base should be between 100-120lb per acre of NPK. I was also thinking of spraying molasses on top of the compost or chicken litter to help fed bacteria in the soil and maybe adding mycorrhiza if budget allows.

I plan on foliar spraying the plant through all life stages about every 2 weeks with micros, Ca and supplemental NPK as needed.

I have the ability to feed through the drip system but Im hesitant to do this as last season we struggled with many clogged emitters due to are high mineral content in the water which seemed to worsen when releasing certain elements like Ca into the stream.

Our goals is to at least do 1lb a plant (I know for most of you guys a low goal but we aren't very experienced in cannabis)

Here is the soil report followed with the labs recommendations:

s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAoIgzlr0P2ArCZ3

s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAjZ6GUaVqT51ROg

s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAlFqjSJMwBdFO9v

Any advice?

Blessings

hangin

Hi All,

We are a small family farm in southwest Colorado, entering our second season of growing industrial hemp for CBD. Last season we learned many lessons (usually the hard way) struggled through adverse weather but with poor genetics managed to yield enough #s to fund a new grow at a different site.

The dirt at this new site seems mediocre at best, when examining the soil test i see K is through the roof and magnesium is high. Im worried the magnesium will aid in compaction of the soil and limit growth of the plants.The insanely basic ph also worries me along with the high K value

Organic matter is something i think the site desperately needs. Ive been looking at amending an OMRI listed commercial compost (only thing i can find in bulk and reasonably $$) or chicken litter to add as an initial base for the plants to grow in. Thinking this initial base should be between 100-120lb per acre of NPK. I was also thinking of spraying molasses on top of the compost or chicken litter to help fed bacteria in the soil and maybe adding mycorrhiza if budget allows.

I plan on foliar spraying the plant through all life stages about every 2 weeks with micros, Ca and supplemental NPK as needed.

I have the ability to feed through the drip system but Im hesitant to do this as last season we struggled with many clogged emitters due to are high mineral content in the water which seemed to worsen when releasing certain elements like Ca into the stream.

Our goals is to at least do 1lb a plant (I know for most of you guys a low goal but we aren't very experienced in cannabis)

Here is the soil report followed with the labs recommendations:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAoIgzlr0P2ArCZ3
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAjZ6GUaVqT51ROg
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApOMIAdqswg-hAlFqjSJMwBdFO9v
Any advice?

Blessings

image links not present

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feed the soil, and give your plants water only, all along. If you want quality make sure your plants go yellow by the time of harvest. Be careful of recommended soil adjustement for hemp, as it usually is not planned to be smoked/extracted.

Industrial hemp ain't the most producing when it comes to CBD. What variety do you grow?

gorilla ganja

Molasses is high in magnesium and potassium. I would not add that to your soil if you are high in both of those already.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts