What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush "Pre 98" flowering

Katsu

Veteran
S1's in the oven :)

picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I don't grow or smoke the original BK cut any more after finding the BK#7 from CSI. You can really find some nice stuff in a BK s1.
I can't wait to see what those crosses bring out. Good luck with those Katsu.

madalasatori

Veteran
I have found the most incredibly complex plant, in terms of both high and nose/flavour. Only problem is it was from Dinafem who are now busted. Does anyone know where I can get Dinafem genetics now? I’ve read that all the main companies come from the same sources so they must be pretty widespread.

Bubba kush is just a bullet proof rock solid plant to me. Veg her well, top once and she always produces a decent yield of high quality smoke.

I recently grew a bubba hash from ace, it was similar to bubba but more stretchy sativa-like in structure. Difference was it was seriously potent and odorous overall, quite exotic

BadRabbit

I have found the most incredibly complex plant, in terms of both high and nose/flavour. Only problem is it was from Dinafem who are now busted. Does anyone know where I can get Dinafem genetics now? I’ve read that all the main companies come from the same sources so they must be pretty widespread.

Bubba kush is just a bullet proof rock solid plant to me. Veg her well, top once and she always produces a decent yield of high quality smoke.

I recently grew a bubba hash from ace, it was similar to bubba but more stretchy sativa-like in structure. Difference was it was seriously potent and odorous overall, quite exotic

How do you mean Dinafem was "busted"? You mean out of Bubba?

I have three packs of Dinafem Bubba Kush sitting in the fridge .... I flowered out 13 seeds so far and haven't really hit on a great pheno that reminded me of first rate bubba that I've had. I'm running some of the Ace Bubba Hash right now and we'll see how it goes.

madalasatori

Veteran
How do you mean Dinafem was "busted"? You mean out of Bubba?

I have three packs of Dinafem Bubba Kush sitting in the fridge .... I flowered out 13 seeds so far and haven't really hit on a great pheno that reminded me of first rate bubba that I've had. I'm running some of the Ace Bubba Hash right now and we'll see how it goes.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-abo...which?t=377375

Keep popping the Dinafem there is a lovely pheno in there with a rich flavour with notes of grape. More delicate than the other phenos. But if not I’d be happy to buy them off you :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my experience, the Bubba S1's run pretty true to the original with varying degrees of greatness. Some are not quite as good as the cut, many are similar, and some are better (yield, nose). I've never run across a Bubba S1 or cross that wasn't at least top-shelf.

I think most of the complaints people have about Bubba S1s are the same complaint people have about the Pre-98 Bubba cut - that they are slow. Like you say, the S1s mostly come out very similar to the clone. I once got one that had cheesy/skunky terps too. I have had the odd complaint about them being slow but, having sold the S1s for nearly 10 years, most of the feedback has been very positive
The bubba IS kind of slow, but give it plenty of root space and a decent soil.. and a bit of time.. and i find the veg will gather pace and get quite vigorous. Keep it going by up-potting (it stalls pretty quickly as soon as the roots run out of space) and i find it grows well. It does require extra veg time compared to modern hybrids, which is fine as long as you have a separate veg space and account for the extra time. Also much better to train it rather than top it - if you want to keep things going as quickly as possible.

Some of the fem crosses you have made with the bubba sound awesome!

VG :tiphat:

P.s. After having had the pre-98 for a while... how would you compare it to the Katsu ? Should i be doing anything different with the Katsu cut or grow it just the same as the pre-98 ?

OutOfStep

Here's Katsu's Schromba (Schrom x p98 Bubba) I'm running right now. This is around 50 days flower. I'll be letting her go 70 days before I chop. Topped her 4 times in veg to try to get some yield.

Attachments

• photo2038477.jpg
    photo2038477.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2038478.jpg
    photo2038478.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 31

Talesofchronica

The bubba IS kind of slow, but give it plenty of root space and a decent soil.. and a bit of time.. and i find the veg will gather pace and get quite vigorous. Keep it going by up-potting (it stalls pretty quickly as soon as the roots run out of space) and i find it grows well.

I have to agree with this sentiment. Bubba Kush needs a lot of room for the roots!

I’ve been holding my bubba cut (OrgnKid cut) for about 6 months now. At first I was keeping her in a 1 gallon. She will grow pretty vigorously in a small pot if the humidity is really high like 80%+.

However recently I restarted her and she was going pretty slow in a 1gal. I gave her a compost/casting tea and she seemed to speed up but had some super branchy growth probably from high nitrogen (she def likes her nitrogen and calcium in veg!)

I transplanted her into a 7gal and she took off. Not as big as my Sour D would have been in the same situation… but I’m pretty sure when I put her into flower next week she’ll be ready to give me 3 or 4 zips hopefully. I’ve got 9 tops on her all of them have nice thick green stems with solid structure and not a lot of lateral branching off the 9 main stems.

I’m hoping I can pull at least 14 grams off each stem which should be doable and would give me a dry weight of about 4.5 oz. Right now each stem is about 1 foot tall measuring from it’s lowest node (I’ve lollipopped a little bit so there aren’t nugs so close to the dirt).

I’ll get a post with a pic soon

Talesofchronica

This is the BK cut I have in veg right now.

Going into flowering tent this weekend along with some genetics from seed that aren’t nearly as healthy lol. Oh well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31

Talesofchronica

Definitely.

I’m currently running the skunktek sour and almost out of my other sour stash from the first sour cut I got which has way more stretch than the skunktek cut which is the ECSD cut. Also different leaf structure as well. The stretchy one has longer thinner leaves although not super thin, more like tear drops. The skunktek leaves are more like the bubba kush leaves, nice and wide.

Also gonna be harvesting some Guerilla Fume by skunk va (it’s a 91 BX) and some Wicked Deep Strawberry ((Strawberry Cough Deep Chunk) x (Lavender x EEE)) by Madd farmer aka SCDC x Tripoli Wicked (Tripoli, get it??!!)