Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Hollow Stems?

Thread Title Search
Hollow Stems? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2019, 09:20 AM #201
clearheaded

clearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really nice
pith is not fibers or shive or hurd. pith is storing center... hemp uses energy to grow LOONG fibers. like a tree. while i am sure it may be possible pith is not fibrous and therefore doesnt interlock like other fibres. pith stores it does not vertically transport nutrients so maybe that helps visualize the biology. look up flax cross sections and hemp cross sections. I have made more cross sections of so many plants i couldnt count that high. or high ohh nm.

pith is soft and some forsure ends up in hurds however if ever compress pith you see how massless it is, and dried stems it will virtually disappear.

google differnces from hemp and drugs and i am sure the literature i reference will be found. if you disagree with the literature. make an article up proving them wrong. unfortunetly till that point "its good science"

also thought experiment time. for boron guys... DJ grew a decent few plants in his day and can agree pretty knowledgable grower... do you think he selected males that happened to be grown in different boron depleted soil? or did he select plants that couldnt use boron as effevtively? or maybe literature is correct and genes for hollow stem happen to be similar hemp varities and why his varieties tend to have higher hemp similarities in its genetics as per phylos.. also 100% speculation however suspect similar code or perhaps parents used are related to hemp and also tend to have more "known" occurances of intersex or hermi?? as hemp of course is exactly that.... just an observation and just seems to help build a case that current literature is correct. if was random or nutrient related it would of likely occured to the scientists describing the plants.

can we change some things in a plant with nutrients 100% but such expressions are typically taken into account when doing species description.. different nitrogens phos levels can effect stalkyness branching and color...one could grow a more stalky branchy hemp with nutrients plant but that doesnt mean in general hemp is tall and not branchy.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:39 AM #202
BlackBuds

BlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the roughBlackBuds is a jewel in the rough
Hollow stems allow male, heavy branched flowers to fold and drop giving a better chance to pollinate hollow stemmed high thc females that are shorter than hemp varieties. Drug varieties may have co-existed alongside hemp varieties and stayed somewhat segregated because of this trait.

BlackBuds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:10 PM #203
White Beard

White Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Beard has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearheaded View Post
pith is not fibers or shive or hurd. pith is storing center... hemp uses energy to grow LOONG fibers. like a tree. while i am sure it may be possible pith is not fibrous and therefore doesnt interlock like other fibres. pith stores it does not vertically transport nutrients so maybe that helps visualize the biology. look up flax cross sections and hemp cross sections. I have made more cross sections of so many plants i couldnt count that high. or high ohh nm.

pith is soft and some forsure ends up in hurds however if ever compress pith you see how massless it is, and dried stems it will virtually disappear.

google differnces from hemp and drugs and i am sure the literature i reference will be found. if you disagree with the literature. make an article up proving them wrong. unfortunetly till that point "its good science"
I see I’ve scrambled you, not my intention.

Perhaps you could google hemp paper process, or look up the patent for the hemp gin. As to whether Phylos represents “good science” remains to be seen: so far, they seem determined to prove their assumptions, and that rarely constitutes “good science”. Too much good science has been suppressed since prohibition to show up at the top of shallow google searches, but try asking better questions.

To expand the point, “pith” has been used to make paper since the ancient Egyptians. Stop looking at cannabis as a drug factory and see the *whole* plant.
White Beard is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:17 PM #204
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to allSunshineinabag is a name known to all
What's up with stems that have been cut that have a white substance buildup where they were cut?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:36 PM #205
medicine77

medicine77 is on a distinguished road
^ it's probably nutes being transported in the parenchyma cells
medicine77 is offline Quote