What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1969 Mekong Delta strain

Dog Star

Veteran
Sounds interesting and convincing but i will love to see more about this plant,more pics..
maybe pics of buds will also help,stem close up pic and other details like smell...etc..

Show more Tazz11 now when you already started story about Abducted...

Peace and regards

DS

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I agree the strain dose look more like a indicia . but there is no mistaking the smoke is a pure sativa ,I was thinking some kind of jungle indicia . but its sativa super trippy weed when you smoke it .. that's why I keep saying its both types in one plant ,a indicia would be out of veg in 35 -40 days tops . this strain is going to take 4-5 months ...rule of thumb is veg is 1/3 of the way ..
even at 4 months if I force it ..that's around 16 weeks in veg ..that's not indicia ,that's some kind of crazy sativa ...
your talking 25-28 weeks in flowering even if you force it ...

it has to be some kind of a jungle sativa ..and its traits say the nam black is directly related to it somehow . again rule of thumb says the stronger of the two weeds is the father strain ...this strain could answer a lot of questions about how cannabis is constructed ...

yes , at the same time I out right agree with you it dose look like some kind of jungle indicia

.it took 2 and 1/2 weeks to show even the littlest signs of gender ... indicia would have showed sex in 3-5 days .....

I would think some pro's would say the growing habits define what a strain is ,no matter what it looks like ..if that's the case this is a sativa ...

what it is ,is the oddest damn cannabis I ever saw ...lol

thank you for your insight and opinion ...

correct me if I am wrong ...but . is it true a land race strain is self pollenating and that makes it a IBL by way of nature . if that's the case then this strain has been around a very very long time ..if it was a few years old the strain would be easy to manipulate ,this strain is hard core rock solid sativa ..that looks lie some kind of Indicia ...lol

I think this strain need shock therapy...

it appears that you have more than one plant there and they do look quite gnarly but why is it Tazz, that you only speak of smoking leaves? is this implication mean you (or "we") haven't taken her ??? to full harvest? I mean, 1 to 4 hit is a 4 hour ordeal on leaves, one might only need to handle the buds to get high. I do understand experimentation or growing experiences but harvest is what it, ultimately, is all about. have you sent the buds, guessing there are/were buds, out to be analyzed? this might help with your analysis.

the missing link?

EDIT: Thanks for the pics.. now you've opened a can of worms.

T

tazz11

I am sorry I just don't have that much time to baby set this strain ....as I see it I came here to ask about strains from the Mekong Delta area ...

as far as what the strain is or is not ,

when they wrote the book telling all of us what sativa and indicia are . this strain never got that memo ....

we have all seen the sativa vs indicia chart that has 16 different choices ,8 for each type . we had 5 people smoking this strain and ended up with all 16 check marked . how to hell did that prove anything ...lol

this strain has taken over my med grow ,and at some point I will have to get back to what I was doing ...and no this strain has not been flowered out yet , we have not been able to get past veg yet ,...that's the problem at this point ...it should have been in the flowering room 1 1/2 months ago ...... I can not risk other breeding stock for one strain that takes close to a year to flower out ..,,things are getting backed up and its getting crazy trying to time normal grow cycles around this strain ..

so no I am not falling for that sh** again I was ask for pics I posted some . I don't have to do anything other then live and die ...the strain is not being made public ....if this is where my work on this strain stops . so be it ....

I agree ....I will be back after harvest time .....

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I am sorry I just don't have that much time to baby set this strain ....as I see it I came here to ask about strains from the Mekong Delta area ...

as far as what the strain is or is not ,

when they wrote the book telling all of us what sativa and indicia are . this strain never got that memo ....

we have all seen the sativa vs indicia chart that has 16 different choices ,8 for each type . we had 5 people smoking this strain and ended up with all 16 check marked . how to hell did that prove anything ...lol

this strain has taken over my med grow ,and at some point I will have to get back to what I was doing ...and no this strain has not been flowered out yet , we have not been able to get past veg yet ,...that's the problem at this point ...it should have been in the flowering room 1 1/2 months ago ...... I can not risk other breeding stock for one strain that takes close to a year to flower out ..,,things are getting backed up and its getting crazy trying to time normal grow cycles around this strain ..

so no I am not falling for that sh** again I was ask for pics I posted some . I don't have to do anything other then live and die ...the strain is not being made public ....if this is where my work on this strain stops . so be it ....

I agree ....I will be back after harvest time .....

your ball. u go now. Later.:tiphat:

T

tazz11

so lets have this all out in the open .I told you the strain will not be made public ...

1. you said you wanted more pics of stems .

Last edited:
T

tazz11

I remember you said you wanted more pics of the plants ..

Last edited:
T

tazz11

PS: I am sorry I almost forgot to show you this strains most amazing trait ...I have two more plants you have not seen yet ...
one I for got and left out one night and came back the next morning and found it setting out in 25 degree temps .. it was dead and I felt bad so I put it back and noticed a few days latter it was still standing up right . so I watered it .. it came back to life and started making new growth .. I was in shock .. its got to be some freaky thing I don't know about . so I took another plant and put in out side at -10 below zero over night ( 8hours ),,,...a week latter it was still standing so I watered it . and it started to make new growth ..

I smoke it every day now ...

stay safe stay free

Last edited:
T

tazz11

I have a lot to do and I wish things were different but they are not ... cutting rare plants with a Katana is worth the lost ...

stay safe stay free

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread has me thinking of Colonel Kurtz somehow.

' I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor . . . and surviving'.

T

tazz11

This thread has me thinking of Colonel Kurtz somehow.

' I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor . . . and surviving'.

who the fu** is Colonel Kurtz ?

smoke a bowl and you will for get all about it ...

I have a snail that likes my watch he flows the hands around and around till the watch is all wound down ...

Dog Star

Veteran
Colonel Kurtz is Marlon Brando in a movie Apocalypse Now...

Yesum have right,you need to look this movie and you can then found lot of simmilarities
with this character and yours,its about jungle on the end...

All the best

DS

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
are research has found some info that is interesting ..most of the strains for the Mekong Delta area and the river and Lao and Cambodia areas range from 10 - 16 weeks flowering time ,.

this confirms one of the facts told to me about the strain base , it was a isolated patch of 20-25 plants growing wild in the jungle ,they had not seen any like them in the 4 years he had been there ,he never saw any more the rest of the time he was there ,he said they found a few patches of normal sativa here and there but destroyed them as the found them ...

the reason this is interesting . is the Original haze has had to have a unknown strain with a high THC and long flowering time very much like the Abducted strain base , but as far as we can tell at this point the strain is totally unique & unknown ...

if this holds true then Abducted is mostly likely the father of Vietnamese Black , how ? they were down wind from the strain Abducted , and Abducted is the stronger of the two strain bases ...

and this confirms the Delta zonker detail in part . because where he said they came from is down wind from the area Abducted was found , so Abducted male pollen would cover to the south east of the lower delta area ...in fact in the case of a typhoon winds blowing the opposite direction it the Abducted strain base could be the isolated rare father of most of the strains with in say 60 -125 miles of its location ..

how far can male cannabis pollen travel in the winds ...???

I found the answer to that question :

I asked Canada-based international hemp agriculture consultant Anndrea Hermann for more information. “According to pedigree hemp production regulation in Canada, a range up to 5,000 meters (3 miles) are required for isolation between different pedigree and different cultivars,” Hermann said.
Hemp is pollinated primarily by wind. Hermann said most pollen travels about 100 yards. But depending on the weight and size of pollen and other natural conditions, wind-borne pollen can travel for miles, up to 2,000 miles away from the source. Hermann states, if the wind blow towards the marijuana plants, the hemp pollen will find the plants because the male pollen wants to pollinate the females. This is Cannabis Sex 101..

that's crazy this could tell us why the old strains were so strong and then vanished ... the father strain base was destroyed and taken to a new area where there were no other cannabis plants ...the U.S.A............ lol

it could have pollenated in both directions north west and south east for as much as 2000 miles , the typhoon weather patterns cut across the Philippines and drive inland 400-600 miles in that same area . you could be looking at the father strain of cannabis , see it pollenates every strain for 2000 miles in both direction and they move along the trade routes to the birth place of all cannabis..., India and the meddle east ..

its off spring & seeds could have been traded along the spices trade routes ...

G`day Tazz

Cpl of factors to consider ...
Moisture kills pollen .
The topography of the countryside the Kancha grows in . Flat land or over water I can believe the 2000 miles . But Over forested mountains and valleys I think the potential range is much smaller .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
G`day Tazz

Cpl of factors to consider ...
Moisture kills pollen .
The topography of the countryside the Kancha grows in . Flat land or over water I can believe the 2000 miles . But Over forested mountains and valleys I think the potential range is much smaller .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Pollen may become not viable over time but sorry elmer moisture doe not kill pollen, where would the plants be if it rained (moisture) before pollen was exchanged to females?

After reading this article, https://www.opengrow.com/topic/3764...tiples-strains/page__hl__bopms__fromsearch__1

I have stored pollen in water and used it to successfully pollenate a girl couple weeks later.

EDIT: don't know about the topography factors..

T

tazz11

you guys take care .. I can read and let this post vade away ...

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Pollen may become not viable over time but sorry elmer moisture doe not kill pollen, where would the plants be if it rained (moisture) before pollen was exchanged to females?

After reading this article, https://www.opengrow.com/topic/3764...tiples-strains/page__hl__bopms__fromsearch__1

I have stored pollen in water and used it to successfully pollenate a girl couple weeks later.

EDIT: don't know about the topography factors..

G`day Snook

Very interesting .
It goes against every thing I`ve learnt about pollen up to this point .
As far as pollen collection I`ve always removed plant materials to keep moisture out .

I have stored pollen that got moisture in it from the refrigerator that turned to a goo .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

palmero

This is Golden Triangle Akka from RSC (plant in the center).
Amazing plant, smelling like cheese.

picture.php

If RSC gets this back i will defo buy it again.

:tiphat: