What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mack's Chem Project.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Could the "males" just be individuals showing the same severe intersexual traits as the mom?

In my opinion there are no males from feminised seeds

mack 10

Veteran
@ Backyard Farmer, possible.
Technically the male (from a selfed female) is not male at all but a female that show's male traits. What I find interesting is that the seeds that are produced can often be a male and female population but if tested they should have no Y (male) gene?
Should future generations be clearly labelled as such?
and how are other breeders labelling them?

@ Crazyfool* Thanks man

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At a certain point, it fails to matter the scholarly particulars if the plants being produced are fire to smoke on, imo.

In theory - there should be no "Y" present, correct...even in the future filial generations.

I've been reading and studying; trying to understand the complexity of this happening since the first seeds produce by this "male" showed "m" / f offspring...

I really wish I could afford to have it tested out. I do know that Medicinal Genomics is capable (and willing) of doing such tests.

dank.Frank

mack 10

Veteran
no worries Edro, get ready to flip those switches!

Here's some close up's of the gang, Chem D x Chem '91
picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
picture.php

Repotted them to 1Litre pots to give them some space.
Medium is Bulrush pro soil with some perlite (about 4;1)

jochen_45

Veteran
Mack's Chem Project....

Mack's Chem Project....

Thats a very interesting project and thread, I hope to see a lot
of your `91er crosses...:good:

soopy

Veteran
Hell yeah Mack! Very cool crosses and I'm super interested to see what comes of these.

You certainly have a way with them Chem gals.....

true grit

Veteran
Could the "males" just be individuals showing the same severe intersexual traits as the mom?

In my opinion there are no males from feminised seeds

Heard of it a few times in situations like this where the she/he actually throws off M/F progeny. Def weird, but does happen.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
But are they real Ms or severe intersex ? I'm really curious because if they're real males I'd look through some chem s1

I don't know why there's a thumbs down at the top of the post...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This entire topic has already been discussed pretty in depth in a different Chem '91 thread...

The conclusion there, was that they are likely 100% female plants showing 100% intersex as males. However, the next generation of males don't show any signs of pistils, etc - just behave like a normal male. So they are as messed up as messed up could be...

The only thing to do is get the genetics tested for markers and see if there is in fact no male chromosome....which was already stated in this thread.

Otherwise, you just have to go with the known facts - and that is a plant that is XX can not contribute a Y magically from no where....so it is fair to say they are all XX "males".

dank.Frank

Last edited:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I grew out 5 Triangle Kush x '91 and ended up with 3 males and 2 fems. I didnt know how special these males were at the time so i chucked them, but i still have 5 tri91s and 10 D91s. The tri91 came out decent herb, the denser one was better and smells really limey in flower. Ends up with a skunky funky limey bud. Im running my last tri91 #1 plant out and may pop some more in the future after i get thru some other stuff i just received.
The pheno i have id say is a good solid 7/10. I never dialed her in tho, and im sure somewhere in these beans is something 9/10ish.

Here's some from the last run i did, this is a few days into drying, still needed more time.
picture.php

some nugs
picture.php

Pheno #1 9 weeks
picture.php

cont...(pheno2)

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Pheno 2 Triangle Kush x 91

less dense, great plant but nothing stand out-ish
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dried, sorry for the shitty focus....
picture.php

picture.php

- SubN

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Im sorry Mack10 for the slight hijacking of your thread. I didnt mean to take focus off of your grow! I just wanted to throw in my 2c about the male and what its capable of. It did produce 3 males that were very obvious and, if i remember correctly, very nice and rigid looking.

Cheers!

- SubN

mack 10

Veteran
Holla Spaded n faded, No worries there bud, post away.

good to see some results from that male, I'm hoping to find some good males too.

an by the way, your T-91 looking dank. Shame you didn't make f2's.

G

gotsohigh

Holla IC Heads! Time to unveil a little project I've been working on. Now this all started when Cob co-op did his Chemdawg '91 s1 and Chem '91 S1 x The White crosses. He sent some of these beans into Seedbay which where picked up by an IC member "The Hummus Monk" He grew them out and was super lucky to find a male,(actually a female that shows full male traits)
Luckilly he kept that pollen!
He sent me some which I dropped on the '91, The D, ECSD and some others.
Here's some seedlings of the Chem 91 x Chem D.
View Image

Which chem 91 mack skunk va or ??pathy one?
I was actually gettin' the skunk va from over the pond when delaying sh*t happened 'n' i got "leary" with the bigbutton phone :nono: ---dam thing called 'em itself!

Last edited: