What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MOSCA

the gnome

Veteran
+1 on T5's for veggin'. With the new scrog net that will be implented in the near future I will be picking up a 1k mh bulb. Any suggestions?

is the Mh for veg and bloom?
for veg i use ultra sun 1000w MH 7500K $42

for bloom I use the sylvania 1000w Mh 4000K BT56 $26
pics on 1st page of tsi fly and otibg were bloomed with it

these are big bulbs, the ultra sun barley fits in a 6" cool tube
the BT56 is the size of a regulation NFL football :biggrin:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
This mh would be used for the veg portion of the scrog. I use a red enhanced hps for flowering with acceptable results. Hung a new raptor last night-- nice reflector. I'm looking forward to see how the net and raptor work out.

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi LK,
I popped my 1 year old paks of ot x chem4 and C99BX1 a few weeks ago from.
germ was 8/10 Chem4 and 10 for 10 c99 but the c99s didn't sprout for 10 days
this is my 1st run with both,
if they're anything like my last run with ot x ibg and tsi fly in the pic above, better hang on to your butt!! lol

here's the otchem4 relocated last nite to their new 1 gallon home
View Image

oh yeah!
nice big fat chunky leaves with hardly any stretch.

I luv my the HO T5s,
plants stack soooo nice-n-tite 3" from the 6500K bulbs.

this is my 1st rodeo w/Co2 and they are a hummin
now that they hit the 1000w ultra sun 7500K bulbs they are going to Xplode, you won't think they're the same plants in a week

View Image

Wow! It would seem to have all the characteristics to become potential champions.
Thanks for sharing. LK

the gnome

Veteran
thanks LK
Mosca gear hasn't let me down yet
everything has turned out to be top shelf genetics so far
:smoke:

the gnome

Veteran
This mh would be used for the veg portion of the scrog. I use a red enhanced hps for flowering with acceptable results. Hung a new raptor last night-- nice reflector. I'm looking forward to see how the net and raptor work out.

a raptor eh... oh yeah harley you have it going on!
before i went to the bigger bulbs
i used a solar max or sun master 1000w MH in the $70 range
these were 6400K and 7200k Mh's on the blue end for veg.
they worked really well for me...

wingdings

Veteran
I really enjoyed my pack of c99bx from Mosca. Healthy hearty plants, easy to grow, and passed on great traits to everything I crossed it with. These Panama x c99bx are so much fun to grow and I have a feeling the effect will be warm, positive, and comfortable. The aroma is a perfect blend of the sweet lemon earthy hashy Panama and the pineapple c99.

This one is about 3 weeks in
picture.php

This one is just getting ready to stretch
picture.php

HarleyJammer

Veteran
a raptor eh... oh yeah harley you have it going on!
before i went to the bigger bulbs
i used a solar max or sun master 1000w MH in the $70 range
these were 6400K and 7200k Mh's on the blue end for veg.
they worked really well for me...

Lol! I wouldn't go as far as that! After I constructed a 4x4 net it just made sense to upgrade to a reflector with a bigger footprint.

I'm looking at those Growlite 6500k Tru Blue bulbs..maybe those could do the trick.

As for the otib beans 9/10 cracked and short tails popped out after 48 hours. I slid them into rapid rooters under the dome and onto a heat mat. Outside it is below freezing so I think these babies might need a little help :)

the gnome

Veteran
those growlite 6500Ks will work fine harley.
mosca usually has above average germ rates more times than not.
unfortunately my year old otxibgs only pushed out 5 this roound

the gnome

Veteran
here's an update on the otchem4.
they are a rocking in the Co2 and 1000watts of goodness :dance013:

here's a pics from the 1st page on the 7th
picture.php

and here they are 6 days later....
cant wait till 12/12
there's already a healthy stank goin on

oh yeah :smoke:
picture.php

HarleyJammer

Veteran
You're looking better than I'm faring. I have 2 above ground with cotyledons open. One still down the hole but it's losing its shell. I looked down the holes of the other rooter plugs and the beans look the same as when I dropped them in there. So I'm looking at 20%-30% germ rate so far. Diassapointed to say the least considering how much these beans cost.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I've got 7 C99 brewing as we speak. Hoping to find a keep pheno between them all. So far the plants are vigorous and very impressive.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the gnome

Veteran
man I just love the way roots look in rockwool!
super healthy :good:
do you use those for starting then into soil?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
man I just love the way roots look in rockwool!
super healthy :good:
do you use those for starting then into soil?

I just switched to Coco, and there was little/no transplant shock when using the rock wool. I have tried the smallest 1.5" cubes up to the Delta 4 with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to use them with my old soilless mix either.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I contacted the bean vendor in regards to the subpar germ rate. They instructed me to contact the breeder and forward our communication before they will issue replacements. How do I contact Mosca Negra?

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Does anyone know how to contact the good people at Mosca Negra?

I haven't seen Mosca post anywhere in quite some time...

Somebody may be able to give you some further insight, but I think Mosca is taking a break from the web...

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Thank you, Holdin. One more seedling broke ground so the final Old Time Indiana Bubblegum tally is 1 healthy vigorous seedling and 3 runts - 2 of which appear mutant as well.

I replied to the vendor asking for contact info with no response. There is a web addy on the Mosca Negra container label; asked them - no response.

This sucks! I had been looking forward to working with this strain. Totally disappointed and out of a lot of money. Times are hard and these beans were expensive!

Crappy germ rate, weak little runts, zero customer service do you think I'll buy this breeders beans again?

Oh well. Buyer beware!

Onto Project: Mango Haze

^Mosca hasn't been around in a while and pulled his section on IC down. In the past he'd been super friendly, informative and helpful when contacted FWIW.

luvtogrow

Harvested 4 c99, went into paper bags today. Nice easy grow, great odors, great smoke from what I've pre-tested.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Thank you, Holdin. One more seedling broke ground so the final Old Time Indiana Bubblegum tally is 1 healthy vigorous seedling and 3 runts - 2 of which appear mutant as well.

I replied to the vendor asking for contact info with no response. There is a web addy on the Mosca Negra container label; asked them - no response.

This sucks! I had been looking forward to working with this strain. Totally disappointed and out of a lot of money. Times are hard and these beans were expensive!

Crappy germ rate, weak little runts, zero customer service do you think I'll buy this breeders beans again?

Oh well. Buyer beware!

Onto Project: Mango Haze
Very sorry to hear of this misfortune.

Personally I would think the vendor would do something about this - although they have no obligation - considering Mosca up and vanished.

Did you contact Clarence? Assuming you nabbed these from the boo/bay...

Mosca is indeed a very friendly individual, and a solid breeder. I understand your frustration entirely, but don't let this put a permanent bad taste in your mouth regarding Mosca beans. It sucks he's not around to back his product, I know if he was around he'd do the right thing.

I know that does nothing for you right now, however I feel once Mosca is able to be reached he will make it right.

Don't give up on it :)