Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
question for sam the skunkman on the original haze Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2019, 09:51 PM #2381
Londinium

Londinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of lightLondinium is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post

I have told the truth, I have zero to gain by altering the truth, I am retired for several years now. I have had a great life, few complaints, I would like to put out a dependable pure OHaze seed line or two for my self and others, even if I do not sell them but let others do so. Selling is work, I do not need the $ and I will only do what I love today. Breeding OHaze is not work for me it is fun, and I think I can do it better then anyone else just because of my experience and history.

FYI I have all but given up on Phylos, they have other goals then my interest in Cannabis Evolution and Relationships, but FYI I only sent them extracted DNA no living materials they could steal, I also sent them many of my varieties DNA, focused on Landraces to help explore my interest in Evolution and Relationships. I am glad I tried, nothing ventured nothing gained.....

-SamS
That is great news Sam! I would love a chance to grow some of those Haze seeds one day I have a few each of the haze5 x Hunk and HazeMexi x Hunk,along with Ohaze f3's,Thunk and Kerala Haze getting ready for the summer along with a bunch of other hazey hybrid's so its gonna be a Hazey Season for me
Thanks for the info too,I would love to read a book or article about your life and breeding experiences,it would be fascinating for me and I suspect many others too....Are You close to any Top-notch writers that can help with it
Re: Phylos....Its a shame as it could/would have been an amazing tool. You can only try though!
Luck'n'Lite JBo
"To maintain or breed a Landrace you need a minimum of 2,000 plants 1,000 females, 1,000 males or every reproduction you will lose genes and be working with a slice of the variety not the landrace.Cannabis is a Heterogenous Dioecious Obligate Outcrosser.It is easy to make seeds, hard to breed correctly". -SamS.

IC 420 Cup 2017 Growers Cup-Mostly Sativa

1st place- "Ting" by Londinium

3rd place- "Chilton Lime's" by Londinium
Londinium is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:46 PM #2382
MadMac

MadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant future
MadMac has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Thumbs up O-Haze

hello,
well i'm little confused now after these new insights ...
now the story becomes more hazy as it already is...
well @ the end i love the haze and it's for me the end of the road...
the plant for the holy grail...

@SamS
is there a way to spot early good plants?
like with the tom hill haze you can see after week 6 resin on stem on the best once... same with o-haze?
Also is there a special smell when rub the stem to look for ?

and finally: the seeds you gave seedsman... was it the same batch you still have the kilo from... a decade ago... would fit the time frame when Seedsman start to sold...

and for you all information:
The Flying Dutchman O-Haze is a hybrid with huge WLD influence ...
i've bought 3 pack's over the last 5 years @ the source in Amsterdam...
also there rest haze hybrids like Titans Haze are old seeds and germination is like zero... so be warned...

TFD O-Haze... a joke... bad joke!

Seedsman O-Haze

O-Haze from 90' repro

get hazed' but not with TFD O-Haze
M.
MadMac is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:58 PM #2383
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Write a book,, 💯

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:00 PM #2384
willydread

willydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
hello,
well i'm little confused now after these new insights ...
now the story becomes more hazy as it already is...
well @ the end i love the haze and it's for me the end of the road...
the plant for the holy grail...

@SamS
is there a way to spot early good plants?
like with the tom hill haze you can see after week 6 resin on stem on the best once... same with o-haze?
Also is there a special smell when rub the stem to look for ?

and finally: the seeds you gave seedsman... was it the same batch you still have the kilo from... a decade ago... would fit the time frame when Seedsman start to sold...

and for you all information:
The Flying Dutchman O-Haze is a hybrid with huge WLD influence ...
i've bought 3 pack's over the last 5 years @ the source in Amsterdam...
also there rest haze hybrids like Titans Haze are old seeds and germination is like zero... so be warned...

TFD O-Haze... a joke... bad joke!
View Image

Seedsman O-Haze
View Image

O-Haze from 90' repro
View Image

get hazed' but not with TFD O-Haze
M.
Mad Mac, dont get you down, maybe those plants can give great results, just remember they are hybrids..
The same thing happened with HFS haze, shamelessly hybrid, but big in crosses with zamaldelica ...
willydread is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:09 PM #2385
MadMac

MadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant futureMadMac has a brilliant future
MadMac has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by willydread View Post
Mad Mac, dont get you down, maybe those plants can give great results, just remember they are hybrids..
The same thing happened with HFS haze, shamelessly hybrid, but big in crosses with zamaldelica ...
thx
but i have enough great haze hybrids made on my own with the resin male from tom hill... so i'm fine... and i'm sure much better as this WLD hybrid... prefer the pure sativa buzz ;-)
M.
MadMac is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:10 AM #2386
kokomarin

kokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the roughkokomarin is a jewel in the rough
waiting more then month for joke...badjoke!:(
no rules in this canabiz,flaying duchman sink deep.!
kokomarin is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:03 AM #2387
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I will not post or answer questions in this thread, it is not really fun....
I did leave most posts intact a few I edited for my own reasons.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:51 AM #2388
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant future
Thanks for posting Sam.. Look forward to seeing the haze project come to fruition. Maybe you can do something with the skunk too & share it with some folks on here who will work it separate ways & we can have a multi national project.. I've had a few upsets this year with old seeds not working but all the mango & super silver haze are growing well & the Afghans. I tried to germinate 50+ skunk haze but they didn't work. I hope to get some from you some day. Please keep in touch & keep us updated on what your doing. All the best

Old 04-27-2019, 04:05 AM #2389
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Nevil himself stated that he got the NL clone as well as the seeds from America.
Whether or not this is the infamous trip when he smuggled cuttings disguised as fish tank plants is beyond me.
He also stated that none of the seedlings he received/purchased were as good as the clone.
All of this can be read via posts by the legend himself on MNS forums.
As for MSS I bought a $120 quarter of it in Springfield Mass in 1995. It was real nice for sure and expertly grown as was the standard in New England at that time in general
G `day Burt

I think a cpl of stories are mashed together there .

NL Greg said he smuggled his NL#5 with its leaves trimmed into Holland in a terrarium .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:11 AM #2390
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigherb View Post
Some recent convo on the Topic of the lineage of NYC Haze

There are several NYC Haze cuts , IMO all related

If you know the history of the seedbanks and release dates The Uptown Haze is something before 92 it seems NL5HzC is most likely , but IMO A5 is closer from my research. Neville’s Haze was released in 97 if I recall . No NH No Jack No SSH . I believe it’s possibly a 70’s Haze bag seed. Heavy Haze came thru NYC remember the 3 brothers were from New Jersey they brought a bunch back east . It could also be any Other Haze offerings before 92 Posi TFD Etc

IME Nevil’s Haze hybrids - Jack SSH Nevils Haze compared to NYC Haze have a brighter Note that Piney /Lime /sweetness can be present- that is not present in NYC Haze , Nevils Haze is the closest but That brighter pine note / sandlewood is not existent in NYC Haze it’s a darker Incense/ Frankincense

The leather /floral / dead flower /vase water / musky /basement/ ammonia/ Incense/ spice is all darker notes nothing bright or Sweet about NYC Haze

Current common NYC Haze is a shadow of Frank or the Golden’s but what’s in my jar is special and not a dense hybrid. Phylos shows piff aka NYC Haze relations to A5 and HAshplantHaze but doest say if it’s HpHzC or HpHzA

Just my 2cent

1luvbigherb
G `day Biggie

The 1st Haze hybrid grows would have been late 80s .
The clones were held for several years before Nevil returned and collected them .
So the grow crew had seeds and clones of the initial trials of Haze / Indica hybrids .

Now Nevil went to PNW what year ?
The hybrids were made with NL , G13 , Hash Plant after Nevil went to the PNW with Jorge . And returned with clones .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

3 members found this post helpful.