Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Munchie Mansion > What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Thread Title Search
What Are You Eating Right Now!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 07:43 AM #4001
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Ironically, Purpur, my son and I just polished off some lamb chops, done in fairly heavy amounts of sizzling garlic, with the drippings in the skillet made into a sauce by adding lemon juice, lime juice, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Salt, pepper, and thyme on the chops before they were put into piping hot canola and olive oil with the garlic sizzling away in the hot oil.

My wife doesn't care for lamb, so nearly all the meats with that particular flavor, whether mountain sheep/dall sheep, mutton or lamb, get to be my son's and mine.
moose eater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:01 AM #4002
noyd666

just finished a burnt chop , very tasty with hot sauce.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 PM #4003
rod58

rod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond repute
well that was bloody epic ! thawed some beef brisket and marinated it for 12 hours .
freshly ground black pepper , crushed garlic , salt and this satchet of dry rub that i found in woolies ..lol ..GRILL MATES , AMERICAN BBQ , low and slow , tennessee smokehouse .. oh and oyster sauce .
made in fucking AUSTRALIA !!
anyway haha , never mind ..
cooked it for just 4hrs in the bbq .
had lots of beer with a few mates ..
THEN THIS !
rod58 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 06:05 PM #4004
stankydankys

stankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the rough
It's gameday! Red chilli burritos beans and rice for lunch!!!
stankydankys is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 PM #4005
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Late breakfast; 2 traditional pork breakfast sausage links, one egg, fried, over-medium, one slice of toasted Oro Wheat Honey Wheat Berry bread with home-made raspberry jelly, black Italian roast coffee, 22 oz. R/O H2O, and morning supplements/pills.

Still have close to 100 lbs. remaining from last year's spud harvest.

Found ONE of the purple majesty spuds had rotted in the bottom of a (~20-25 lb.) burlap potato sack.

Ordinarily, in many other containers, whether a recycled plastic mesh onion/spud bag, or a wooden bin, a spud rotting would've affected nearly every spud it came into contact with, and the rot would typically spread like a bad virus or aggressive cancer. This didn't!!

The only difference I can currently identify is that the burlap was absorbent enough to take in the noxious liquid from the rot of the one spud, preventing it from over-taking the other spuds near it.

So, while it stained the bejeesus out of the burlap where the rotted potato had been, and left a bit of mummified solids to be removed by hand before being washed for next Fall's harvest, it caused little to no damage that it might've caused in another sack or container.

At .50 cents to $1.00/bag for the burlap at the feed store, I think I'm a true believer in burlap now.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:41 PM #4006
noyd666

haven't seen a spud bag for years moose, use to use them for lots of things, like water bags on front of cars lol, taste nasty.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM #4007
moose eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyd666 View Post
haven't seen a spud bag for years moose, use to use them for lots of things, like water bags on front of cars lol, taste nasty.
These are tightly woven, coarse burlap, that, despite the tightness of the weave, are nicely breathable. They come with attached tying strings sewn in, though repeated washings in the machine with other garments often leads to a loss of the ties.

After this morning, I may well throw out all of the red/orange plastic mesh potato, onion, and orange bags, unless I can think of another use for them that doesn't involve potatoes.

Probably find another purpose for the heavy-duty wooden potato bins as well at this point. Last time I found an alternate use for them, it was to stand a larger motorized sewer snake on them, in order to level off the feed with the basement inlet to the septic line/field, to feed the snake more evenly.

Everything eventually has a purpose, whether initially considered or not.. Even me.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 PM #4008
noyd666

not much thrown out around here moose , even burnt chops.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 AM #4009
moose eater

An awesome red (no meat) sauce with garlic, sweet onion, and green bell pepper, pinch of Korean red pepper, fair bit of parsley, modest amount of oregano,"" "" sweet basil, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce (no, not ketchup!), tomato paste, red wine vinegar, touch of maple syrup to address the acids, black pepper, and salt, served over cheese and mushroom ravioli.

And a chicken, spinach, and feta cheese sausage on the side.

MAN!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM #4010
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that sounds good.stupid question but is the ravioli homemade?having country fried steak in a minute
shithawk420 is offline Quote