Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Ethics of shaping guerilla patches

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
Ethics of shaping guerilla patches Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 04:09 AM #61
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Used to have an apple tree in my yard that I planted as kid. A big storm came through one time and took it down. I was pretty bummed as I loved having fresh golden delicious.
Sorry to hear that. Apples are a superfood. I have 4 trees. 1 mac, and three grafted trees with a total of 9 different kinds of apples on them (thank you Canadian Tire. lol)

I managed to get a Peach tree to grow here (Ottawa Area) and had 24 peaches one day, and only 12 the next. Raccoon basterds. Tree died after a cold winter.
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:42 AM #62
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Sorry to hear that. Apples are a superfood. I have 4 trees. 1 mac, and three grafted trees with a total of 9 different kinds of apples on them (thank you Canadian Tire. lol)

I managed to get a Peach tree to grow here (Ottawa Area) and had 24 peaches one day, and only 12 the next. Raccoon basterds. Tree died after a cold winter.
The only thing I don't miss is having to cut the grass with the scattered apples on the ground. All the local wildlife really enjoyed having a constant supply though. Mostly ate what was already fallen, but the squirrels would always take the best ones out of the tree, take a few bites and leave them. Peaches are great, I should try planting one of those. Takes trees forever to mature though.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 06:06 AM #63
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud oftroutman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
BTW, is that a fisher in your profile pic?
It's a mink.

I think it was a mouse or vole that did that apple tree damage.

I also buy lots of stuff at Canadian Tire.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:31 AM #64
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the roughJustSumTomatoes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
It's a mink.

I think it was a mouse or vole that did that apple tree damage.

I also buy lots of stuff at Canadian Tire.
The first time I ever saw a mink I was searching for crayfish in a stream and saw one chewing on the leg of a dead duck. I honestly had no idea what it was at the time and was later surprised to find we had them in our area. Pretty much a water weasel.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 AM #65
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really niceSmug_Pepe is just really nice
Agent orange
Smug_Pepe is online now Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 08:44 AM #66
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the roughTychoMonolyth is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
The only thing I don't miss is having to cut the grass with the scattered apples on the ground. All the local wildlife really enjoyed having a constant supply though. Mostly ate what was already fallen, but the squirrels would always take the best ones out of the tree, take a few bites and leave them. Peaches are great, I should try planting one of those. Takes trees forever to mature though.
I'm at Lat 45, so it's tough on some trees (and weed), but should do better below Lat 43. You can get a tree in flower at a garden centre in the spring, and have a few peaches in fall. lol But they're a little expensive. I think I paid $80 or something.

Hey... If you can grow weed, I bet you could grow your own tree in a burlap pot!
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.