What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

Dakine

Veteran
Lol Im such an idiot.! I didnt scroll all the way down, So I thought the plants in the clear cups was your transplant finished. I was thinking to myself "really, it doesnt look like they have any root space at all bro" haha.. Those roots look real nice, they dont look dehydrated at all, they look very healthy..
Man I seriously love the people we've both came across on this forum and in our threads Gastro. Luckily we have both met very nice knowledgeable people, that like to help out and have no problem giving out tips and knowledge they have from experience.

Hopefully we can both get to that point bro. To be able to provide with out running out inbetween harvest would be my goal. But the medicine WE BOTH grow out cant be anywhere near the quality I've been getting with my indoor plants LOL..
Due to certain legal issues in my life, I havent been able to medicate for A LOONG time, and wont be able to do so for a little while longer. So hopefully I get my grows dialed in so I can stock up A little bit and help out 3 other family members that have cards for legit medical issues..

So are those 2 girls you just transplanted going to be flowered out in the tent with the LEDs? Or is that reserved for your SSSDH clone you took? Or is the tent with the scrog net in your previous post where they will grow out and finish in?
Man if you end up pulling A Hydro sized harvest/yield in those Smart Pots filled with coco, im gonna be jealous. I hope the quality and smell frfom the buds grown out in coco will be better then hydro.. Im not to sure why I disliked plants grown out in A hydro system. Its like Ive learned to hate hydro starting about 10years ago, even though I really couldnt say 1 reason why..

I hope you pull through this grow without any hiccups like the TD and SSSDH grow. Plus the genetics from this grow sound Dank as fuck! Any reason why you picked these certain strains?

GastroGrower

Yeah I'm glad I decided to get involved on here. There's a couple dickholes here and there but for the most part everyone is really nice and supportive. I think for the other medical growers on ICMag they understand the importance of being able to reach success in your grow.

Sucks to hear about the fact that you can't enjoy your medicine - but awesome that you're still willing to learn and help out those close to you. How much longer until you're able to partake again?

These two plants and the Critical Kush are both going to stay in the tent with the SCROG. I need to raise the screen just a little bit and finish installing my new light. I don't expect as many problems with these girls as long as I get my drip set up correctly. It's really only when I leave town for a week that I have problems.

Dakine

Veteran
Atleast those dicks arent in our threads so far! The cool guys that arent even med users, still probably have the love for growing. I actually know of only A couple other sites that ive actually looked around in, and none of them peaked my interest..
Hopefully ill be able to partake in 1/2year, possibly even up to 1 year more or later. The only way it would be sooner is if the 2nd party and I can agree on A settlement :).

What lights are being used in this tent? Couldnt really tell from the reflection on the sides of the tent. Is the light your building going to be replacing whats already in there? Or will it be added to whats in there?

You seriously must've spent A BIG amount of change on your entire grow set up lol.. I would probably have something similiar to your set up if I wasnt so broke. Atleast you got quality in the beginning, instead of wasting $$ on cheap junk stuff, only having to spend more on quality later on when the junk stuff breaks lol...

I might have to pick your brain on your drip set up.. I've been thinking about doing something like that for my indoor soil plants.. I havent been getting much time in the tent lately. Sometimes they are all drooping so bad they look dead lol.. That has to be effecting them badly, and I dont want to think about what the droughts are doing to the girls that are flowering lol...

justiceman

Veteran
The lighting from the post before this last one threw me off. Those two clones are looking very good man. Seems like they are loving that coco and 6/9 treatment. Keep doing what your doing with them and I think you should be very happy with the outcome:biggrin:

Yo Dakine you should have your grows dialed in by the time you can medicate again. It will be the best of timing.

GastroGrower

It's been a costly endeavor for sure. I've met my return on investment with past grows, so outside of nutrients and occasional fixes it's mostly cost savings (versus paying for the meds straight up - so like $100 - $200/week). I don't pay for electricity or water in my current place so no cost there :).

I've done a ton of DIY stuff in my time and have figured out where it's worth it to pay for quality equipment and when you can cut corners and go with cheap stuff.

I've got the normal light in that SCROG tent out right now since I'm working on it. The blurple light is just a 150 W LED I had laying around that I popped in until I get the light fully built. Once the light's done it'll be ~490 watts.

For the drip system, my setup is really simple. I keep my nutrients in a 5 gallon bucket with some air stones in it. There's a small pump at the bottom which runs up to a 6 outlet manifold. From there 1/4" tubing goes straight to the individual plants. Once you work out the timer it's all gravy.

GastroGrower

GBxPB #1 - Flower Update

GBxPB #1 - Flower Update

Here is the Gluebreath clone at day 19 of flower.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Thanks Justiceman. I'm about to head out of town for a couple days so my drip system is going to be put to the test. Hopefully there are no issues while I'm out and she continues to bulk up. Pistil formation is at the point where it looks different every day and I'm beginning to see some swelling/calyx formation - which is nice because I always get a little antsy waiting for them to start showing much. Once they do it seems much more bearable of a wait, haha.

When I get back, the 4 GG#4xPB and KD#2xPB seeds will all be ready to transplant to coco, along with the two FastBuds seeds I have going.

Happy Holidays to anyone reading this thread. I'm off to Denver to visit family and sample some of the local bud :)

GastroGrower

I just got back home from my trip and it looks like my drip system worked! I've finally got something that my roommates can maintain and I know it'll keep my plants going. I've got a little bit of nitrogen claw on the Gluebreath hybrid and some minor overfeeding on the other clones but nothing that can't be corrected. PPM was at 600 while I was gone and these plants like it more around 500 - 550.

Here's a few pictures of the GBxPB:

picture.php
picture.php

Close up of resin development on the sugar leaves.
picture.php

Smell is really starting to develop now and bud development is noticeable since a few days ago.

GastroGrower

Critical Kush Update - Day 31

Critical Kush Update - Day 31

Thought I'd provide an update on the Critical Kush I've got in the scrog tent. She's doing well at day 31 from seed and I really like her structure.

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I'm glad that drip system worked out while you were away!:woohoo:

Looking great man. Those sugar leaves are premium. Can't wait to see how she fills out.

GastroGrower

Got half of the COB light installed. I need to get another 3 prong adapter to tie in the second power supply but it's already nice and bright in there. Coverage looks decent and the girls are liking it.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Finally got some more coco bricks in the mail today and was able to transplant my seedlings and clones. They were stuck in just rockwool for a little too long and are looking rough right now, but I think a few days of tender love and care should help them bounce back. Here's an update of what I've got going in my veg tent:

picture.php

From upper left to the bottom right.
1 - Barney's Farms Critical Kush (F)
1 - Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka #1 clone (F)
2 - Fastbuds autos (moved them into a shared pot as I'm lacking space) (F)
1 - SSSDH (top middle) (F)
2 - Karmdown #2 x Pink Bazooka #1 clones (M)
1 - Mendocino Purps (F)
1 - Stardawg (corey cut) x Pink Bazooka (R)
2 - Buddha Autos (top right) (F)
4 - Gorilla Glue #4 x Pink Bazooka (R)
4 - Karmdown #2 x Pink Bazooka (R)

Tomorrow I'll be taking clones of the Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka plants and the Critical Kush I have in my previous post in coco. I'll also be taking a cut of the SSSDH and cloning it in rockwool so I can transport it to my DWC system once it roots.

Dakine

Veteran
damn bro, there looking good! I didnt know you liked growing from seed, I thought you liked clones..

That LED light looks so purplish lol.. It makes me think it does something good or bad to the plant haha.. Only cause light is usually a bright yellow/blue or white in my eyes..

GastroGrower

Cut the screen down to half size and decided to let the Kush plant grow with just the single topping. I flip to 12/12 on Monday!

picture.php

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
So many genetics that is awesome! That screen is filling up nicely. Can't wait to see it bud.

That Kush plant is a beauty! Remind me again is she in coco too?

GastroGrower

Today I topped and up-potted my second Critical Kush plant. Root development was nice and hardy on this one just like her sister. So far I've been very happy with the vigor of this strain. She's in a 1 gallon fabric coco pot and will veg for a couple week before I move her to Bloom 1 with the Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka #1 seed plant. Depending on when the GBxPB finishes it may just be a clean switch out.

picture.php

The two Buddha auto's I have are doing alright. Some minor discoloration on the leaves of one but I've been really bad about feeding them. They've got full strength feedings a few times and really shouldn't go above half. I may set up a small reservoir for all of the autos since they have substantially different needs.

picture.php

The seedling in the top left of the pic above is one of the Karmdown #2 x Pink Bazooka. It was looking rough on transplant and hasn't really perked back up. It may not make it but the rest of the Pink Bazooka seedlings are looking good in their new homes.

justiceman

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Critical Kush is looking real nice. Love the health she has right now. I'm using Botanicare coco bricks. What bricks are you using? Looks like quality blend of coco pith. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Love me some coco plants!

[/FONT]Gonna be cool to see how these Buddha auto's play out. I really want to try some auto flower varieties out soon.
[/FONT]

Dakine

Veteran
Looking good bro, it sucks waiting for them to veg from seed haha.. You guys all stuck around and waited for me to catch up when I first started my new grow lol. So ill do the same!!

Hows the SSSDH clones going? Have you ever thought about mixing 1/2 soil or soilless with 1/2 coco? Or 1/4soil and 3/4 coco? I've seen guys do it, and there doesnt seem to be any negative effects..

Latest posts

Latest posts