What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you could grow anything with Cannabis, what would it be?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
poppies.
d368864a54590952c0d0c39089ff4ac5.jpg

St. Phatty

OGM was SCARY !!

pRes Bush 41 sent American troops into the dangerous foothills of .. Mendocino. Where they could be vulnerable to ... stink-eye, spit-wads, sling-shots, and sticks and stones. /sarc

AFAIK the 'unleash' date was Oct. 26, 1989. Might just be remembering a High Times article.

I remember visiting a grow store in Berkeley shortly afterwards. The store manager no-showed so I got a chance to hang out with the employees while we waited for him.

The story was, he was hung-over from partying.

But thinking about the timing, I wonder if he was affected & upset by OGM.

UPS cooperating with the DEA, part of OGM, was definitely a
Major Earthquake for those affected.

earthwyrms

corn might be cool to grow in micro with bud? :)
some of the heirloom incan types have a long 150-250 period, and that might be untill it starts to flower or whatever it's called when ears develop

www.rareseeds.com/kulli-black-incan-corn/
http://www.rareseeds.com/yurackallhua-incan-giant-corn/

i'm interested in breeding einkorn wheat, a diploid with 2n=14 with barley types, also diploids, 2n=14 chromosomes, without cholchine but am not against trying it.

original wheat is thought to have developed this way but with two other grass types, adding to it , to make tetraploid emmer and then hexaploid common wheat,

but barley and rye are diploids, and in the amount of time it took to make common wheat from two, lesser quality grasses (with einkorn)

barley and rye could maybe make something better

. i think mixing teosinte with einkorn could be cool but teosinte, like most maize is a diploid with 2n=20 chromosomes i think ;), so the base haploid,
chromosome number is 10 whereas it is 7 for wheats, rye and barleys

(triticale and tritordeum use common hexaploid or tetraploid wheat in the mix)
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10681-013-1009-9

https://www.researchgate.net/public...IC_IMPROVEMENT_OF_WHEAT-A_REVIEW/figures?lo=1

scienceblogs.com/evolgen/wp-content/blogs.dir/296/files/2012/04/i-e0f0c2197df894cd28f715270487aee2-wheat_polyploid.png http://www.cerealsdb.uk.net/cerealgenomics/WheatBP/Images/Evolution.png

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Gourmet popcorn.. then u just need netflix and chill. :joint:

I had a crimson red variety that doesn't need even salt or butter, just pop it and it's good to eat.

Satyros

i'm interested in breeding einkorn wheat, a diploid with 2n=14 with barley types, also diploids, 2n=14 chromosomes, without cholchine but am not against trying it.

original wheat is thought to have developed this way but with two other grass types, adding to it , to make tetraploid emmer and then hexaploid common wheat,

but barley and rye are diploids, and in the amount of time it took to make common wheat from two, lesser quality grasses (with einkorn)

barley and rye could maybe make something better

That's interesting. I'm not much of a biologist, but, that's my understanding, is that in terms of genetics, the simplest is einkorn, then spelt.

From working in an international market, I found that some Germans are quite avid about preferring these simpler genetics. There is a school of thought suggesting that further iterations of wheat with more complex genes are not as digestible as the older ones.

Modern U. S. wheat is a late model, mostly a 1970s hybrid with a dwarf to increase yield.

I don't plan on raising any wheat, although I would say cannabis is merely one among...I'm not sure, maybe 20 other things we are trying to raise. Yet, I can't really say we grow them "with" cannabis, because, wonder of wonders, cannabis outgrows everything by leaps and bounds.

St. Phatty

Right now ... a low-hanging branch on a Fig Tree that I'm trying to root.

I scraped off the outside layer, did 4 branches total, Rootone on 2 of them and Walmart Rooting Solution on the other 2.

Used fine sand beneath them and on top, with a layer of small river gravel on top to add weight to hold the branch down.

Then a layer of plastic on top, to keep the humidity in the soil (well, sand) mass around the branch.

Hoping it will root.

Once it roots - that's what I want to grow with my Cannabis this winter !

Baby fig trees.

L

Livelyup

If I grew outside, I would breed praying mantises to guard my plants.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Popaver Somniferum.

Dwarf variety grows well inside with way more flowers than the larger varieties.
Started April in the bud room and put outside to finish during summer solstice. Winter crops are put in veg area to finish.

Also grow Jalapeno Peppers, but Poppies have prettier flowers.

Attachments

• 149 pods taken, about a hundred left.jpg
    149 pods taken, about a hundred left.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 33
B

Bongi

I would grow mushrooms. :) I have been thinking about inoculating wood bark with mycelium and then mulching my garden with it. I did try to burry cakes to my outdoor pots but it did not work. Winter came.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Raspberries grow at the end of the MJ grow tunnel.
High Bush Cranberries are my favorite but the growing area is too dispersed for photos.

Attachments

• Although Raspberries have red leaves, they are second choice in berries.jpg
    Although Raspberries have red leaves, they are second choice in berries.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Raspberry patch and grow tunnel.jpg
    Raspberry patch and grow tunnel.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 28

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I'm into the carnivorous plant thing. Venus flytraps are my personal favorite but unfortunately I can't grow them beside cannabis at the moment. Maybe some day. Anyways, this is one of my vft pots. They don't produce any sort of harvest other than more plant divisions and seed, but it is a very enjoyable hobby as is every other type of gardening.

Attachments

• bgft-1.jpg
    bgft-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 29