What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

Hiya riddleme, I'm interested in the way you finish off with boiling water, can ye gimme any info on method, I've heard about a fella years ago that used to do something similar, he used to pull the plant out of the medium and place the roots into the boiling water, been that long ago I can't remember the reasons why, goodluck ��

Simply water em with boiling water and leave em under the lights for 3 to 5 days (varies with strains) till they fade

al70

Veteran
So in coco rather than water with plain ph for a week, do as you say and leave em on 12/12 for a few days, right ?

al70

Veteran
Cheers �� riddleme, I'm gonna try that,like I said, a clever auld fella told me something similar, goodluck.

Dog Star

Veteran
So what is happening with plant when you burn her with boiling water,can you give
more info on these??Are she is better for smoking later???

All the best

DS

Riddleme

So what is happening with plant when you burn her with boiling water,can you give
more info on these??Are she is better for smoking later???

All the best

DS

Starves the roots of O2 and causes the plant to ferment sugars into alcohol in order to survive. It is something all plants do when starved of O2 in nature this occurs during floods.

The fermentation that occurs is the same thing we do when we cure our buds in the jars. So the 2 things that happen,,, it speeds up the fade at the end and it speeds up the cure

Dog Star

Veteran
Starves the roots of O2 and causes the plant to ferment sugars into alcohol in order to survive. It is something all plants do when starved of O2 in nature this occurs during floods.

The fermentation that occurs is the same thing we do when we cure our buds in the jars. So the 2 things that happen,,, it speeds up the fade at the end and it speeds up the cure

Interesting to read,

maybe i try this with one plant to see what is happening,

are this procedure give more better high from plants that was treated this way???

I am so sorry to kill them in this way if this is only cause of curing stuff...

All the best Riddleme

DS :tiphat:

Riddleme

I know I have been away for several weeks, sometimes life gets in the way of certain things LOL

But the first phase one test of the leaded vs unleaded buds has happened. In this phase several side by sides were done but not with clones. 2 phenos of 3 different strains were involved, with one getting lead and the other not. The only clone sample was done in 2 different gardens as I had gotten a clone of Zamaldelica from a friend. He grows in peat, uses the same nutes and the same T5 bulbs to flower, so while not a totally perfect side by side it was as close as we came in phase one.

Phase 2 is currently underway and here I have exact clones of 2 different strains, I am also given lead to a CTF as I have several jars of unleaded CTF to compare to (been growin it for 2 years now) There is also a phase 3 of this experiment planned.

In phase 1, I also did varied does to determine hard limits, after all we are talking about an ingredient with potential danger. The best results came from plants that got 2 does. 7 doses was enough to cause harm, the valiant golden goat that gave up its yield and life was a trooper and the smoke was harsh but the buzz was nice.

In all smoke test the leaded buds won hands down with the most noticeable traits being intensity and duration. The actual highs were very similar, though some of the leaded buds did have more trippy components which in all fairness was more associated with the increase in intensity of the high.

Obviously the most important test from phase 1 was the Zamaldelica clones, and here was what my friend posted after we exchanged joints with each other ,,,,,

Hey everyone,
I had a nice visit at Rid's on Monday. We smoked some Thunderfunk and I got a cut of this new clone only!

We exchanged Zamaldelica joints and I got one of his leaded- Zamaldelica doobies.
I smoked it yesterday morning and the high was incredible. I don't smoke a ton of joints, but I smoke them with other people and roll them often when I am entertaining. I rarely roll or smoke one for myself.
This morning I rolled a joint of un-leaded Zamaldelica.

Let's back up first...

I smoked the leaded Zd yesterday and could only get through 1/2 the jay. I noticed a more expansive smoke, and I seemed to cough and fight to hold in the hits. It could be Rid's curing chamber and time of harvest, creating nice resinous smoke.
The buzz was so intense, I couldn't type or stay focused on the computer. I ran out of cigarettes shortly after smoking the jay, and headed out to the store to get some more.
I was in the new car so the clutch and feel of things aren't familiar yet.
That's when I nearly hit a kid walking to school. I was turning left and faced a blind spot created by an RV parked in front of a house on the corner.
I thought maybe I was too high and drove the 1/2 mile to the store very carefully.

It seemed like it took 20-30 minutes to fully hit me, but it was far more intense and long lasting than my unleaded version.
I smoked a joint of mine this morning, and the buzz is awesome, but didn't climb as high.
Great job Rid! You might be on to something.

Phase 2 will start to harvest in 5 weeks and I'll update you all when that happens :)

Riddleme

Interesting to read,

maybe i try this with one plant to see what is happening,

are this procedure give more better high from plants that was treated this way???

I am so sorry to kill them in this way if this is only cause of curing stuff...

All the best Riddleme

DS :tiphat:
The word better is subjective, what is true with this technique is that fresh dried buds will smoke like they have been in the jars for 7 to 10 days, buds that have actually been in the jars for 7 to 10 days will smoke like 30 days in the jars

as I said ALL it does is speed up the cure

Dog Star

Veteran
OK man,thanx for valuable info,

this can be used if person need fast cured buds,good advice.

Kind regards

DS

Riddleme

The first ever annual RidFest happened this last weekend, was a total blast !!!

Attachments

• 1436812576136175_l.jpg
    1436812576136175_l.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17

Dave Coulier

Veteran
The first ever annual RidFest happened this last weekend, was a total blast !!!

Looks like a fun time had by all. I hope its just as fun next time. Btw, is that a dog or a pot belly pig in that photo? Ive never seen such a pudgy looking dog. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts