What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
4800 for top shelf indoors maybe....nowadays outdoors only going for 2-25 wholesale in most non med states for basic strains. some high grade shit like the OG and chemdawg that almost looks like indoors can get low 3s.

but honestly its pointless to get into the game right now..especially guerilla growing LOL. go read some news stories kid, this whole game is going down the drain soon, more and more states are legalizing and they are getting rid of the old vender/home grower system. its gonna monopolized and legal for the corporations and illegal for everyone else.

the OP to this thread sounds so naive...i say let him give it a shot and he will learn what a mistake he made. guerilla growing aint fun, he grew 2lbs and now he thinks he can do 50...good luck. my $$ is on the the chance that you will lose a bunch to rippers and cops, and whatevers left will be consumed by caterpillars and mold.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
if OP was really getting 4k for his guerilla outdoors...it would be easier and more cost effective to fly out to CA with 20k and buy a bunch of local outs for 15 and move them back home.....that would make way more money then growing a bunch of plants on someone elses property.

A

AlterEgo860

dude i go with a friend to maine every harvest season to pick up some of the best outdoors known to be grown in the north EAST.. and we get it for 2500 each and get 20lbs at a time.. no1 gets 4800 for outdoors.. sorry the indoors in the northeast isnt getting 4800 an LB anyone who says different is getting ripped off.. and or ripping people off .. and selling outdoors as indoors.

A

AlterEgo860

4800 for top shelf indoors maybe....nowadays outdoors only going for 2-25 wholesale in most non med states for basic strains. some high grade shit like the OG and chemdawg that almost looks like indoors can get low 3s.

but honestly its pointless to get into the game right now..especially guerilla growing LOL. go read some news stories kid, this whole game is going down the drain soon, more and more states are legalizing and they are getting rid of the old vender/home grower system. its gonna monopolized and legal for the corporations and illegal for everyone else.

the OP to this thread sounds so naive...i say let him give it a shot and he will learn what a mistake he made. guerilla growing aint fun, he grew 2lbs and now he thinks he can do 50...good luck. my $$ is on the the chance that you will lose a bunch to rippers and cops, and whatevers left will be consumed by caterpillars and mold.

agreed 100 percent.. obv someone here doesnt know what the market is really at .. sorry even the most amazingly grown greenhouse buds dont fetch 4800 and if ur getting 4800 an lb.. its kuz ur not selling wholes.. ur selling ozs for 300.. and making a fat stack . but meeting with 16 different people. to get rid of it .

Gelado`

Veteran
Even in NYC, you wouldn't get $4,800 a lb for outdoor. I'm back in school myself now. I've seen enough people think they could make a career from growing/selling bud fall by the wayside...I only grow for personal and really have no interest in growing commercially. The penalties are not worth it, even here in Europe.

Trippy Stix

I really don't see the product of "cannabis" going down the drain any time soon.. it will always be worth something. the way the government continues to operate with this "shutdown" our near future does not seem so resourceful, point being that maybe someday our government may shut down and never reopen...bringing on such of a "doomsday" for the u.s, (maybe not in my lifetime) but if this did happen, I would imagine the product "cannabis" will skyrocket just like pharmaceutical medicines and other "Drugs" because the demand will still be there. It may be the most valued item people trade with if these things should occur. Now for the logistics of doing multiple hundred plants doesn't seem that drastic to me...... as of right now I already have 8-9 different spots that can reasonably hold 20 in ground scattered/staggered, 9x20=180. thing is I didn't even go looking for spots yet, these were just places I've had in my head for awhile. 4000/lb is a cake walk where I am at, if broken down twice or 4 times ea/lb easily could fetch 4500-4600 per. there will always be a black market for what we love.. just have to find the right places and there is plenty of non-med states that are far off from legalization

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
you are absolutely naive if you think any of what you just posted about cannabis being a valuable doomsday tradeable asset will become true... if you want to hoard doomsday assets, cannabis sure as shit will not be as valuable as private property, guns, ammo, food, livestock, medical supplies, generators, tools, prescription meds....

no one is saying that the black market will totally die, the market is changing for the worst with existing and new growers getting a smaller slice of the pie so to speak....it is still very possible to make a living growing cannabis just not as profitable or easy with the increased competition...

All most of us are trying to tell you is, if you want to make a living growing cannabis, guerilla growing in multiple spots is probably one of the riskier and tougher ways to do it. especially if you are a novice grower, the learning curve for growing is sharp and not being able to grow them in a private setting with constant attention will definately make it harder for you to keep up quality controls.

Hash Man

Just a thought.

If your school year went to hell from running 2 lbs, what will happen to your life when trying grow 50 lbs?

I wish you luck, I am over this thread.

Reminds me of the wide eyed type of idealism i had 15 years ago....
Thought I knew everything and couldnt hear good advice when it was right in front of me.

Either you will sink or swim.
Specution means nothing.

Produce results
Get $

Where are you going to dry this 50lbs? That will be 1000lbs wet weight, and that's after trimming, so if you are carrying untrimmed plants out of the forest that's a lot of trips back and forth carrying harvested plants. Increases your exposure to being busted; just takes one traffic stop and you are busted for serious weight, and then they will search your home and find more.
That amount you need to build a drying shed out in the forest, and then go out there everyday and harvest some plants and trim them out there and dry them there.
Then you will have less weight and volume to carry out of the forest, and your neighbours wont smell the drying bud.
And then you have to sell it; you won't want to bother selling dime bags with that amount of product, will take for ever and you are dealing with too many people, more chance of being snitched out.
Selling lbs you will need some trusted contacts, there are a lot of people who will see dollar signs when they see a lb and will not hesitate to rip you off.

You need to start looking for spots now, and finding good spots can be hard.
If you don't get much rain in summer in your area then you will need to plant near a water source, because you wont be able to carry enough water in.
Water sources attract people so this increases your risk of being ripped.
Some areas you can get away without watering, but your yield will be way down, maybe 2 oz per plant in dry areas.
Don't forget you wont be the only one out in the woods, if you get spotted and people think you are there to grow they will search for your plants.
How is your fieldcraft? Can you navigate through the woods without leaving tracks?
Can you get in and out of the woods without being seen? People will often call leo if they see you going in to the woods in the same place on a regular basis.
If you are going to do it then start early, find your spots and then carry any supplies to the spot and dig your holes, put up a fence if you need to keep deer away, and hopefully you should have this done a few months before planting time. Than stay away from the area till planting time; people might have seen you going into the woods a few times and started wondering what you were up to, the break will give time for them to hopefully have fogotten about you.
You will need to plant only female plants, have you got a grow light at home so you can start the seedlings under lights and then sex them before putting them out?
Give it a go by all means, nothing ventured nothing gained, but I think your first attempt at 50 lbs will end up way below your expectations, and you will realise that there's a lot more knowledge and experience that you need to reach your goal.

jrj205

Don

Don

dude i go with a friend to maine every harvest season to pick up some of the best outdoors known to be grown in the north EAST.. and we get it for 2500 each and get 20lbs at a time.. no1 gets 4800 for outdoors.. sorry the indoors in the northeast isnt getting 4800 an LB anyone who says different is getting ripped off.. and or ripping people off .. and selling outdoors as indoors.

I know that this thread is a little outdated, but with all this misinformation as far as prices, I had to chime in.

The problem with most of these replies, are prolly from a medical marijuana state, with prolly 2 or 3 growers in every neighborhood, so if you fall into that category you really can't talk prices with somebody from a non friendly marijuana state.

Im live in the south, Alabama to be exact, and i know for a fact that these surrounding states, Mississippi, Northern Florida, Tennessee and Georgia a pound of (Schwag) is 1600.
If you just want some loud (Big Bud , Critical, etc) the not so popular strains 20/g $350/oz $1200/qp $2200/Half P $4000/LB, & thats if you or somebody you know is cool wit whoeva got it.

Now if you want (White Widow, GDP, Cheese) $25-$35/g up to $5500/LB.

Year before last, I grew ******s Killing Fields (purple pheno) jut because of the color, just bag appeal in other words, $30/g no lower than $25/g.

Last year I grew Dr Greenthumbs Iranian Autoflower & U.K. Cheese,]
The Iranian Auto I sold for $350 zip and the cheese $450 a zip regardless of how many you got.

What y'all dont understand is that, just because y'all gettn low prices for outdoor that dont mean the prices are the same everywhere.
The main reason is that in other states everybody and their momma aint growing weed, thats why y'all prices are so damn low.

Everybody can't run down to the local dispensary and grab a GDP clone or a MK Ultra or a C99 clone the list goes on and on, to y'all (ppl in medical marijuana states) smoking a top notch strain, with different kinds of highs, smells, tastes, and looks is just another day of smoking.
But down here in the south,,, it aint that damn easy...

jrj205

One more thing for all the ppl that tried start their post down talking outdoor weed.

Just because y'all grow indoors and most of y'all fall into the nutrient groupie category, its a fuckn plant, how many of y'all ever grew a plant and it said, "hey dont give me nitrogen from a blue planet nute, or a greenleaf nute, I WANT FOX FARM or Advanced Nutes.
Nobody has, its you saying that to yo self.

To All Th

jrj205

To All The Indoor Growers

JUST REMEMBER

On a cold sunny or cloudy winter day, your shitty ass lights dont compare to the sun..

GonBush

If you are growing big numbers you will need spots that can hold big numbers of plants.
You can't grow 1000 plants by having them in spots of 3 plants each, that means you are going to have to find and set up a hell of a lot of spots, and there will be a lot of time spent travelling between them.

Forget the stuff about getting a pound a plant, the reality is with growing hybrids like skunk or northern lights you wont get anywhere near that, especially guerrilla growing where you may not be able to give them optimal conditions.
You are looking more at 3 oz per plants realistically.

So you will be looking at having to grow at least 250 plants to get your 50 pounds.
And that's assuming they will all make it through without losing any to pests, rippers or leo.

Go back to college and then get a job, you will make more money that way.

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I've lived in New England way too long to ever trust the weather enough to think (just) OD was a real option. Too many factors/risks, and a fuck of a lot of work. Its one thing to do it as a hobby, win some lose some, completely different to depend (a lot) on harvest and final numbers. Maybe thats just me though.

I really don't see the product of "cannabis" going down the drain any time soon.. it will always be worth something. the way the government continues to operate with this "shutdown" our near future does not seem so resourceful, point being that maybe someday our government may shut down and never reopen...bringing on such of a "doomsday" for the u.s, (maybe not in my lifetime) but if this did happen, I would imagine the product "cannabis" will skyrocket just like pharmaceutical medicines and other "Drugs" because the demand will still be there. It may be the most valued item people trade with if these things should occur. Now for the logistics of doing multiple hundred plants doesn't seem that drastic to me...... as of right now I already have 8-9 different spots that can reasonably hold 20 in ground scattered/staggered, 9x20=180. thing is I didn't even go looking for spots yet, these were just places I've had in my head for awhile. 4000/lb is a cake walk where I am at, if broken down twice or 4 times ea/lb easily could fetch 4500-4600 per. there will always be a black market for what we love.. just have to find the right places and there is plenty of non-med states that are far off from legalization

I wholeheartedly believe, without a doubt, that you owe everyone, including myself, a refund on the time we took to read this thread.

Its only a testament to the strength of pot i'm smoking this morning that I actually sat through and read your drivel.

Stay in school and believe me, you of all people need it if you actually thought this was a realistic plan.

mdk ktm

You have so much to learn. Guerilla growing would be the absolute last way I would want to earn a living growing weed. You are in the right place to learn how to grow indoors. Start with maybe a 4kw and a 24 pot ebb and gro and go from there.

OR

Save your money and do good in school, and in november strap on your balls and make a run out to cali. and bring back as much as you want. Scary shit though.

mdk ktm

One more thing for all the ppl that tried start their post down talking outdoor weed.

Just because y'all grow indoors and most of y'all fall into the nutrient groupie category, its a fuckn plant, how many of y'all ever grew a plant and it said, "hey dont give me nitrogen from a blue planet nute, or a greenleaf nute, I WANT FOX FARM or Advanced Nutes.
Nobody has, its you saying that to yo self.

To All Th

You sound like a damn moron