What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aloha White Widow

Elephunk

I just won a pack of these seeds in an auction... I don't really know much about it, but I had heard that the Aloha version of WW was a good one so I bid on it and won. Does anyone have any info they can share? Pictures? Smoke reports? I tried doing a search and it didn't bring up too much.

If someone who has experience with this particular WW version can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :rasta:

b8man

Veteran
I got an Aloha WW pheno from a pack of Blue Widow years ago that I loved. A very strong, electric, head buzzing hit with a slightly acrid taste (not bad - but not fruity). Very fast acting, very sativa, but such a strong rush that it isn't what I'd call a very social strain. Trichome coverage was off the scale and yield was average.

Pics are sadly now gone, but I doubt you'll be dissapointed. It beat the hell out of the DP White Widows I grew. I'd happily buy and grow it again and have often wished that I'd cloned it.

Elephunk

Sweet. This is the description of the seeds.

"Our Aloha White Widow is a stabilised hybrid based upon carefully selected plants from early versions of the Aloha lines. We have carefully selected plant during inbreeding that are at the most extreme of the potency potential of this famous version of the White Widow. In our opinon, Aloha's lines represent the best of the 'White Widow' types that have come to market.

Inbreeding multiple males to highly selected females we have focused on the sweeter plants in the genepool and this line carries a unique sweet flavour over a acrid almost fuel base. A truly unique terpene mix. The plants grow with good vigour and with a Indica bias, in that they have medium wide leaves, tighter internodes and dense floral clusters. The plants produce a huge amount of THC and on all surfaces this is notable in this f4 generation. Plants are stable and true breeding.

The flowers are extremly potent and have a huge amount of trichromes. This is a very high THC line with little to no body effect. Yeilds are big and fast with this line delivering fully mature flowers in around 60 days. A fantastic 'white widow' for the indoor grower and a excellent breeding tool."

Sounds alright, right?

G

Elephunk said:

"Our Aloha White Widow is a stabilised hybrid based upon carefully selected plants from early versions of the Aloha lines. We have carefully selected plant during inbreeding that are at the most extreme of the potency potential of this famous version of the White Widow. In our opinon, Aloha's lines represent the best of the 'White Widow' types that have come to market.

Inbreeding multiple males to highly selected females we have focused on the sweeter plants in the genepool and this line carries a unique sweet flavour over a acrid almost fuel base. A truly unique terpene mix. The plants grow with good vigour and with a Indica bias, in that they have medium wide leaves, tighter internodes and dense floral clusters. The plants produce a huge amount of THC and on all surfaces this is notable in this f4 generation. Plants are stable and true breeding.

The flowers are extremly potent and have a huge amount of trichromes. This is a very high THC line with little to no body effect. Yeilds are big and fast with this line delivering fully mature flowers in around 60 days. A fantastic 'white widow' for the indoor grower and a excellent breeding tool."

Sounds alright, right?

well im down
:muahaha:

Aloha is great small seed company that has been around for years. I have grown a few of their strains and each has been awesome.
Good luck

T

TREE KING

no one has pics? i heard this strain was the bomb. i was thinkin about growing it but im not sure if the yeild is high enough. if anyone has more info it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

i know some people are selling crosses of 98 aww now but is there way to get s1's or a back cross?

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

from stash's jojo aww repro I did for him. ^^ smoke reports right on target.

buds starting turning dark purple during cool winter months in original seed run. usng above pic. aww #2 as clone mum for some crosses and puro.

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Thunders77
Shanti clears up pretty much everything about the original, and his reputation speaks for itself.
I do have some questions about the much fabled Aloha 98 Widow, such as from what source did it originate? Also Is Aloha still producing anything close to this quality? Anybody here ever grow any Aloha Widow out?

Hiya Thunders77 it was rumored Aloha stole a cut from the widow on display at the cup and used a sk plant to make Aloha 98 Widow now what was funny in all this if true is shanti stated that the widow on show at the cup Aloha alegedly stole the cut from at the cup was in fact an f1 widow any one of us could go out and by a pack of.
Thunder...the aloha 98 WW is clone only unless anyone still has seeds stored. Aloha seeds still offers a white widow variety but not sure of the heritage. My growing mentor and his partner grew on the big island breeding for 20 yrs and originally started Aloha seed co. They retired out of their thing bout 7-8 years ago and sold the seed company which the headquarters is located in A'dam. The seed for the famous 98 Aloha variety was grown close to them on the big island of Kona and they just sold the seeds for the growers. Words direct from the mans mouth himself. BTW... his partner(and his mentor) drew all the Greatful Dead album covers. He has an original painting hung in his house. Wicked to look into it stoned, especially with the size of it. Said when not tending to all their plants, his partner would be down by his private patch, naked, painting and working on the art design for the albums. Neat to listen to those stories

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=85160&page=3&langid=6

Sweet Thang
This is a in-crossed Aloha White Widow from 98 seed stocks supplied by the Aloha Seedbank.

Aloha claim the lineage of this plant goes back to a stolen cutting from the very first White Widow plant shown to the masses at the Cannabis Cup by Greenhouse Seeds from the original breeder Ingmar's lines. Shantibabba contests this saying he made the line for GH.
Whatever the truth of the parental of this line we have found her to meet with early reports of the WW plants in Holland. In addition, this WW is widely acclaimed breeding line, adding both volume and potency to most F1 hybrids. As a smoking line she is outstanding and easily, the highest THC producing, sweetest tasting WW I have ever known.
BCO has maintained this line for some years from seed, after receiving the line from friends, in-crossing selected parental to stabilize the line for our breeding purposes. In all hybrids to date she has shown to pass great potency and a underlying sweet sugary taste.
This is a pure WW line, never out-crossed. Aloha White Widow 98 is now clone only, commonly referred to as ''sweet thang''
A pleasure to smoke and grow combined with its exceptional combining ability make this a great addition for those seeking super sweet, high THC breeding plants. Apart from our cold store of these seeds, these are the only examples we know of the lines in pure seed form. Only 2 packets remain in Cannasuer stock chest. Possibly the last time these will ever be offered. Thus, inbreeding this line for the future is strongly recommended.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22aloha+seeds%22+aloha+white+widow

Last edited by a moderator:

Stash

Idiit, dam good job you did on those plants, very nice pic's and the seeds turned out great also.
Thank you, Stash

idiit

Veteran
a clone for breeding purposes just got harvested; aww/golden haze ( phz/Acapulco gold).

edit: must of been stoned. the aww#2 here is pure aww, not my purple snow which is phz/satori. :)

gave out some bud to my testers ( I blew out most of my taste buds a long time ago).

all they could say was "sweet".

called it after dinner desert. very ripe organic sweetness with undertones of a fruit; possibly like ripe organic pear according to them.

this last batch was a lot frostier than my posted pic of another grow of aww. I was too high in nitrogen in my rols first go. still don't have her dialed in.

i'm an outdoor grower. I do everything for od grows. i'll make an exception and try to not screw up an indoor aww #2 female. then i'll post pics.

the next clone of #2 will come in when the temps are lower. the aww #2 looked to me like she will turn dark purple under cool temps. that would be nice. :)

Stash

Quote:
"Hey Guys and Girls,
Nothing is more fun to talk about than the Aloha White Widow. My friend sent me a clone of the Sweet Thang 1998 AWW a couple years back but they did not survive the trip in our trusty mail system. I opted to try the seed route so I went direct to Aloha Amsterdam. I bought the then current 2002 vintage. It is identical to the 97, 98, etc. Vintages. Now sweet Thang was a special pheno with a Kool-Aid aroma and kick butt high. It is my experience that all of the plants are similar in aroma, taste, and high. Obviously there are slight differences depending on the pheno. I had one mother that yielded 3.39 oz single cola buds of the sweetest tasting crystal covered pot you can imagine. I think the Aloha White Widow smells just like the rock candy I used to get as a kid at the local homemade candy store. I am talking about pure sugar. The only problem with this strain is the buds are so big and dense that I had problems with bud rot on a number of occasions. I have that under control now with my secret ingrediant. The trichomes are just huge and totally out of control. The clubs marketed this strain as Crystal Lady rather than the bland old White Widow. This AWW does not resemble any White Widow I have ever seen no matter how nice they were. The high is hard hitting and immediate. For me I just don't need anything stronger than this. These plants are strong mommas as well. These branches aren't just twigs. They are strong enough to hold their own weight. And that is why I chose to breed with it. It passes on all the good traits when it is crossed with anything. I believe breeding with this plant will make any plant better. It will always be one of my favorites. I have used it in most of my best crosses and it has proved itself. As for the history of the Aloha White Widow it is a closely guarded secret. I enquired from Aloha Amsterdam concerning the parentage and they said it is secret. I have heard that it was the original White Widow that was ripped off and then crossed with a Super Skunk. I also heard several other stories and several other possible crosses. It may have been left here by aliens. No one knows what is in it. I do know it is great. My Crystal Locomotive is an example of what it can do. Another is the Widow Queen. My new cross using the Blowfish x Crystal Locomotive has turned out great. I have impressed myself with that one. In fact everything I made with the Crystal Locomotive is great and I think it is because of the Aloha White Widow. Beware of imitations. Nothing is the same as the AWW. Good luck."

jojorizo

need4weed

Veteran
Didn't know Aloha were still around. I used to order of them in the late 90's when the internet was still in its infancy and seed sales were only sold through a small amount of Dutch breeders like kc brains and all the usual big names that are still around

idiit

Veteran
^ stash is pretty famous not just for holding some rare old skool adam genetics before they were excessively inbred and or lost from no one preserving them and getting them out to the canna community ie sharing.

idiit

Veteran
picture.php

just learning photo skills. this is a better grow of pure jojo aww cut #2. hoping she starts turning dark purple in the last couple weeks like her mum.

^ right on the money re smoko. very potent sativa high with frosty indica bud structure. this one tastes like sweet organic sweet. not koolaid. that's all the ppl who smoked her could say; sweet, organic sweet.

t99

Veteran
Great job idiit, and thank you to you and Stash for your preservation work! I have a lot of good memories of WW, in A-dam and the USA.
Not sure if I ever picked up Aloha's, have to dig out the Polaroids someday

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
Ch9 and seedman carry aloha ww if I'm not mistaken. I belive both are crosses.
irievibe, motarebel and several other well known breeders tried out the aww male cut for crosses and most dropped continuation of the lines.

there are almost no pictures of aww on the net. there is only one individual that I know of that had the original jojo aww seed stock ( from the original aloha seed bank); stash.

some posts on aww claim it's a clone only stolen cut. other posts claim that aloha seeds used a skunk to cross into the ww cut and thus begat aww. the best pheno was cloned and became the aww sweet thang cut.

we all know you can't offer regular seeds from a pure clone only cut. :)

I gots to go with the ww/skunk version until the original aww breeders post.

in my seed preservation run for stash's aww I found one really nice female and kept it and used jojo aww male for pollen donor to reproduce the jojo aww line using multiple females and the one non hermie viable male. so, stash has a couple of females and one male of his pretty old jojo aww seed stock iirc used to reproduce his jojo aww seed line. the other female was more indica leaning and I did not keep her as a clone mum. I only got a few seeds and iirc only three were viable enough to use for the jojo aww seed preservation run.

i'm using the "sweet thang" leaning pheno mum for my aww breeding including sweet thang dom cut for bx's . the male had purple pollen sacs.

S

sourpuss

Gage green got some aloha ww crosses... sounds like a good one. All head? Aloha is a seed company?