What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Upward leaf curl

MercenaryTim1

Hey guys, been reading ic mag for a while finally asking a question.
So my problem is an upward leaf curl on only one of my strains Orange Cookies. New strain for me and first time growing it. I am in veg but ready to flower, I’m in Mother Earth coca/Perl, 25 gallon pots, running Cyco nutes at about 1.8-1.9 ec last 2 weeks(want to flip light to flowering but they look like shit)ph is running 5.9-6.4, all are vegging under 1100w par pro bulbs, temp are 75-84 with humidity right around 65.co2 is always 1200. It looks like mag deficiency to me but cal/mag plus isn’t making a difference. Just did an epsom foliar spray at a gram per gallon. Waiting to see a difference. Problem is every other strain in my grow is on the same everything and I am not seeing issues with anything else. I will try and post pics when lights come back on
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

xet

My gut reaction to your question is soil drainage: do you have enough?

It is very difficult to place deficiencies on couple of items.

Biochemical, cellular, utilization of Calcium depends mostly on a proper ratio of Calcium:Vitamin C.

This means with ample Calcium and no Vitamin C the Calcium is improperly or not at all utilized. For example this will injury the relationship of Cal/Mag which effects Selenium/Iron/Iodine on and on. 1 missing mineral out of the 90 is defeating. (Check out Sea 90 and YouTube search Boogie Brew)

This creates a waterfall of cellular defects.

After learning many things like this I came to realize activated compost teas are the easiest way to correct and manage the highest plant quality without thinking too hard.

What this means is an AACT is quick to correct such things with water soluble elements that will not burn your plant and allow your plant to choose what to uptake.

Maybe you know these things. I intend to not insult at all. My stream of thought.

MercenaryTim1

I don’t believe I have soil drainage issues but who knows. Like I said it’s crazy because everything else in my grow is in the same pots with the same cocoa/Perl same nutes same everything. I feel everything is exactly the same. Only variant is the strain.i have 1 Outlaw Orange sitting right next to these plants and looks perfect. Heading back to the spot now for pictures

MercenaryTim1

6CB22F6F-2D22-47E8-9AE3-C5057928E7A2.jpeg

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
First things first...check for russets/broads with a 60 loupe. If you don’t see any, I would suspect pH, overfert, humidity issue, or lumen shock... pretty much in that order. I would suggest doing a good flush... but since you are in 25ers... is that an option?

MercenaryTim1

Always an option to flush! Haha don’t usually need to but hey anything is worth a shot. I did scope them also as I have had to deal with the bastard russet mite before. All clean thank god

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
That’s good news. :good: If it's pH or overfert, the flush should do her good. I’d probably move her a little away from the light for a few days too. I bet the flush takes care of it. Only thing is, if it does, you’re probably gonna have to feed her less than the others....pain in the ass. Lol

Also, is your humidity low? A lot of times with low humidity, the plants can get sensitive to nutes. Something about moisture evaporating off the leaves and the nutes being left behind... :dunno:

MercenaryTim1

Humidity I feel is on point at 65% before flipping the lights to flower. I did an epsom foliage spray and I’m gonna knock my ec from 1.8 down to 1.5. I think the strain is very picky compared to everything else in my lineup. My run off is only 1.4 ec with 6.2 ph. She’s a head scratcher for sure

MercenaryTim1

Well I wanted to keep this updated. I am pretty confident it is just a very picky strain(orange cookies) but it definitely improved. I think it was Leaning more towards a mag deficiency. I did 2 foliar sprays. One with just epsom and sticky and the other with a fish powder, full power, and some bio weed and it seemed to correct itself. I have now switched my photo period to flowering. I will update with pics in a week or so