What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maroccan Landrace

snuicide

Just skimmed this whole thread, shame on me for not doing so before now. Very cool snuicide. Glad you are giving a great effort despite low germ rate. Hopefully you find some gems. Despite it being low quality (think i remember reading that), drought resistance and short flowering can be good attributes in crosses...
Keep up the goos work and keep on posting updates.

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

The low quallity we talked most about is of the bad hash which arrives at the consumer all over europe.

The quallity of the offspring seems to be good. For sure more uniform and vigour than most seeds I tried from retailers. On the other hand the germination rate was really painfull.

They under 18/6 ndl flowering spectrum and all plants of the bigger plants revealed their gender. Just 3 females for now :(

But nr. 3 seems to be male and 16 to be female so I know which Im looking for.

I also programmed a little python script and it takes a picture in the 360 view every 10 minutes. Hope to get a time lapse of the flowering period this time.

I cutted the big ones and they are almost on the same level of the smaller plants which are 2-4 weeks behind. I will send them into flowering in the next couple of days and take cuttings of the small ones in the early flowering stage if i think they are worth it.

I ve never seen such hugh indica leaves like on nr 16. super vital growth and wonderfull structure.

Btw. the pictures are 1:1 representing the rows of the wilma ... so first post last picture ist the last row plant on the right nr. 20

snuicide

+
chefchaouen #3 male + chefchaouen #16 female

they are the most vital vigorous plants with the biggest and widest leaves also very fast in reacting on the red spectrum of light as an flowering impulse.

C

Columbo1

100% sativa for an Maroccan Hashplant is truely misslabled. It seems to be they have some sativa attributes but I know all kind of maroc hash since 15 years and even the uplifting blond hash makes you tired. I run mostly purple haze thai hybrids I made myself at the moment thats why I'm pretty sure :tiphat:.

If you look at the leaves its clearly a mostly indica and also the leavecolor is way to dark. They take also 1.6 ec without problems in theire early days, most pure sativas I had to run below 1.5 all the time! Only when the buds gain in width you can go up a little bit and add extra phosphor. I m 100% sure this offspring can go up to 2.x.

Nr. 16 has the same leavestructure like your early maroc. I think early maroc is a confusing name, because most strains which are called early are crosses with early skunk which in fact needs a longer flowering time than a maroc should without breeding.
But this leavestructure reminds me more on pakistani hashplants?

The time will reveal whats goin on here

Yes I have a hard time believing mine is 100% Sativa either. I was actually doing a little online digging and came across a strain called Early Sativa. It's listed as Tetouan Sativa x Early Misty. I'm wondering if mine may be related ...

Did you encounter any varities from the Tetouan region on your travels?

snuicide

na I was not searching for seeds somewhere else that at chefchaouen

but the good thing is it is one end of the rif and the farms I where are isolated by big mountentops from the rest of the rif

the offspring is quite uniform in height and preflowering, very nice only 2 are a little bit bigger than the others.

360 ° timelapse test

snuicide

okey I will have to do some bugfixing with the timelapse because there are some problems:

if you plug out the usb cable of the camera while you are in the room the pi hang up today.

Before it was possible but it is causing holes in the image counts which interrupts the processing of those for the timelapse.

What do you guys think about the dark hours? Maybe I should cut them out

C

Columbo1

Looking good there Snu! Looking like you're getting some rapid growth on the time lapse there.

I like the dark on the time lapse so I can count the days but whatever works for you.

So how's the flowering going? Still only 3 ladies all up? Any impressions yet about how this grow will go?

snuicide

yup have some material
will upload it as soon as i find some time to look it through

it is 6 ladys

nr 15 is the only one with unknown gender but I guess it is going to be a male and anyway not relevant because she grows really wired.

They have completly overtaken the room and 3 days later of the timelapse the cam was covered with leaves... will also upload this. The raspberry is hanging in a bootloop at the moment - bad idea to implement a reboot in your script without delays ^^ - so currently no timelapse - have to find a better position anyway but will fix this in the upcoming week that we will see the flowering

ah btw. the first 14 days I switched back to 14 hours because some landlord has to do stuff close to the room and the ventilation has to be switched off for about 5 minutes - I hoped and got a flowering delay and with it there is reduced smell.... but on the other hand the flowering time is a little longer. I switched it to 12/12 two days ago.

Last edited:

snuicide

It is now a wild mix

there are plants like nr. 18 or nr. 13 and also a even more strechier female (will show you the females next) which are for sure maroccan genetics.

They all root insane what is meant to be a sign of maroccan genetics. They turned the Wilma into a DWC and rooted through open spaces into the nutrient solution which is a sign for genetics from dry regions.

On the other hand there is this afgahni leaning plant (nr. 10). Also some have the typical small height of Afgahni plants. But only nr. 10 has the leafs of a Afgahni.

I guess open- /crosspollinated Belida - so we have to wait what the next generation reveals and I have to look through more of the seeds - testing a 48 plant ebb-flow system at the moment for that purpose with some mostly sativa hybrids.

thejact55

So you got like 14 males out of 20? Am i understanding that correct? Wow, thats a crazy result its thats correct. Looking good though.