What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Lineage

G

Anyone know the lineage of Dabney Blue and how/if related to DJ shorts? No offense I have smoked and grown both and say Dabney is much better than DJ's

redwood-roots

This is a great thread....whether completely correct or not...it allows some insight into the various possiblities of the genetics. For a new grower like myself (who by the way as a seed purchasing problem)...this is extremely helpful.

Cheese does equal an old school skunk#1 pheno but the cheese seeds that our on sale now from big buddha have been reworked to stabilize it some. big buddhas page talks bout this.
Big Budda Cheese = {AfghanixCheese Male} x Original UK Cheese
Blue Cheese= {BlueBerryxCheese Male} x Original UK Cheese
This comes from big buddas order form i recieved from them at the HTCC. hope this helps some

G

growit1234

what is OGER KUSH? I thought i read somewhere that it was the same as OG Kush, but i see that OG means original gangsta. What is the origin of OgerKush

Last edited:

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
mm1681 said:
Anyone know the lineage of Dabney Blue and how/if related to DJ shorts? No offense I have smoked and grown both and say Dabney is much better than DJ's

The Dabney Blueberry is the original Blueberry,, this was b4 Dj short... i agree with you .. teh Dabney is alot better.. here are some pics of teh Dabney

Ruosk

How about, when possible, including original breeders? Does anyone know where Buddha comes from?

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
:wave:

I would never say that all of this info is completely correct.
but rather a guide for reference you can count on 85% of the time.

thank you to everyone who has PM'd me with adds.
i have a few new ideas to twist things up a bit as well!

ummm guess this should be appreciated just a bit more since general access[search] for this info is gone[for the time being] since ...[the fall of "other" sites]

Later :badday:

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I'd like to know what Kush is if anyone's got any info :wink: I can only find the OG or Ogre n all the other ones, but what is Kush?? :D

phil_stone

Nice thread !

About some Paradise strains:

Sensi Star = Afghan X Skunk... like the Warlock.
Dutch Dragon = Durban Poison X Skunk
Rox = Erdberri X ? (maybe skunk)
Nebula = Thai background

Peace, Phil :smoker:

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I was doing a study on the strains that I got and I came up with some interesting facts. I was looking for the genetic makeups or families. This is good for future breeding. Alot of strains have Afghani and Skunk in them. Here is a few that I found out.

Blueberry (Indica/Sativa)- (Highland Thai/Purple Thai/Afghani)

Northern Berry (Indica/Sativa)- Northern Lights(Afghani/Thai) x Blueberry (Highland Thai/Purple Thai/Afghani)

AK48 (Sativa/Indica)- (Colombian/Mexican/Thai/Afghani)

White Widow (Indica/Sativa)- (Brazil x Indian)

That is just a few I found out. I like looking up this info because when it's time to make some crosses you can see what genetics are already in your strains. Say for example you wanted to cross a Northern Berry with a Northern Skunk. Northern Lights would used in the cross twice. This is not a bad thing but I would rather not use them in a cross. I'd rather use them in a different cross with something else that doesn't have Northern Lights in it's orgins.

Awesome read...of course some are not 100% correct but its a good base.

I don't think Romulan has any relation to OG Kush...didn't notice any resemblance any time I smoked it.

And
Original Gangsta Kush = White Lable Bubble Gum X Sensi Seed Hindu Kush

I don't think that is right.
If anything OG kush is from the dawg and related to the diesels.

Sounds like someone might have been thinking of Bubba Kush, which is rumored to be OG Kush X WL bubble gum.

I like how Thai seems to be in a lot of the very potent strains...I really would love to grow out some landrace thai someday or something close.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
I haven't actually been around for ages.

but now that I've made some minor additions/changes to this page,I've noticed through-out this thread,nobody has paid attention on what i posted in the very first message send additions to me via pm.

hopefully the new sections will inspire those who have not to do so.

new updates.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
what do you guys think about me turning each strain name into a hyperlink to a photo or a thread of/on that strain?

I can as well try to start listing the original breeders of each strain, if that is really wanted as well.......

later