What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cooking with fanleaves

Is it possible to make anything good with plain old fan leaves from veg? I was thinking like brownies or tinture or elixer?? Or would the oil turn out any good if I made some iso oil from the fanleaves? thanks

barnett

I made some ISO oil of a male I pulled about a week into 12/12, and the oil was alright. Every other batch of oil I've ever made was better. I would probably make oil out of some lower grade stuff again if the situation dictated.. I've only done it once though, so some other people might have more experienced opinions..

KRS Juan

If they have any visible trichs, absolutely!!! I did an ISO quickwash yesterday on just stems (with visible trichs) and got tons of decent amber-colored hash oil. I'll post some pics of that tomorrow.

Last weekend I did a few runs of bubblehash with nothing but 140g of over-dried fan leaves that were almost a year old:

It's not full melt (or even close) but it gets people blasted.

-KRS Juan-

Thanks Krs, How did that bubblehash turn out from the old fanleaves.How was the taste and high? thanks,Mike

I also pm'd Tropical w/ this question and he ask I post it here:
QUOTE=Tropical]Would you mind posting your question and my reply to the cannabutter forum you mentioned?

Yes, I was stuck with a garden in veg for a while and I was able to keep myself stoned using the fan leaves I collected. The thing is that it takes a LOT of fan leaves to get high. If you were to just add it to your brownie mix, it would be almost all leaf and taste terrible. You have to concentrate the THC in Cannabutter first by boiling the leaves in water and butter. The water keeps the butter from getting too hot, plus most of the bad taste dissolves in the water while the THC dissolves in the butter.

If you liked one ounce of schwag in one box of brownie mix, I would try about four ounces of fan leaves dry weight, or 20 ounces if the leaves are still fresh. Use about 30% more butter than your brownie mix calls for because you'll lose some. Use enough water to cover all the leaves. Then, bring it to a boil and simmer for about ten or twenty minutes, strain out and discard the leaves with a cheesecloth, chill the liquid, and skim off the Cannabutter from the top. I use a small hand held strainer to pick up the last little pieces of butter.

I know that's a lot of work, and it might not be worth it if your swimming in buds, but it will work if you're desperate. Also, you can save time by making a big batch. One time, I made a batch with five pounds of leaves, dry weight. My friends had been saving leaves for a year or two before they met me. I cooked it all up and gave them each a batch of brownies and saved most of it for myself since I did all the work.

Keep in mind that the cooking will stink a lot. Be prepared with odor control and open all your windows.[/QUOTE]

Qoute from Tropical.

thanks for that info also I appreciete it tropical

Latest posts

Latest posts