What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3rd attempt at coco

Absolem

Canna Coco with H3ad's 6/9

H3ad 6/9 with RO water.
6 mls/gallon General Hydroponics Micro
9 mls/gallon General Hydroponics Bloom

Canna Coco with H3ad's 6/9

H3ad 6/9 with RO water.
6 mls/gallon General Hydroponics Micro
9 mls/gallon General Hydroponics Bloom

Thanks Absolem bought 3 bags of this stuff,wish i bought soil now lol
Its been a waste of time and money,and electric

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...sorry bro, i've never used that stuff nor can i tell much other than it's a blended product.

...as i said, all i've ever used is the 5kg bales of straight coco, no peat or cork.

peace, bozo

...sorry bro, i've never used that stuff nor can i tell much other than it's a blended product.

...as i said, all i've ever used is the 5kg bales of straight coco, no peat or cork.

peace, bozo

No worries bro i am going to dump it and buy canna coco and nutrients

Thanks for taking a look

beta

Veteran
imo you're overthinking it, I've never once measured my runoff EC or pH and I love coco.

Just transplant your plant into the coco and water it really well with a nutrient solution around 1.2-1.4EC / 5.8pH, that'll 'flush' it and reset the coco to your nutrient solution's levels.

After that, water at least 2x per day until you get a small amount of runoff. Never ever ever let the coco get dry. If you see visibly dry coco at any time, you're not watering nearly enough.

I use the exact same nutrient solution for fresh clones all the way through early flower, and I never water with anything else. By the time I hit flower I'm watering up to 8 times per day.

Check your ec/ppm of your water source. Continue flushing your coco until the ec/ppm matches your water source ec/ppm. Due to the environment coconuts grow in (near the ocean) it becomes salty the closer it is grown to the ocean. I've taken totes and 55 gal drums and cut a hole to fit a hose snug then cut another hole that I put a filter on and just let it run for a while (next to floor drain obviously) when using salty bricks.

if you are hand watering water as often as you can once the plant is established. if you're automating during 12/12 i like to water about 4 or 5 times until runoff.

Absolem

You forgot the Epsom salts, 1 teaspoon per gallon

I left the Epsom out on purpose. H3ad dropped the Epsom after a few grows and found no difference.

IMO Epsom adds to much magnesium to the 6/9 fertilizer solution. I do like the added sulfur Epsom brings just not the mag that comes with it. Magnesium makes a growing medium more dense and calcium makes a growing medium more fluffy.

Hey hazyfontazy it's not that old.i flushed it other day not fed since here is pic defies overwatered

Cheers for looking.

Last edited:
Just thrown seedling away coco isnt for me.Seedling started to get brown patches on leafs only fed Ec0.8 @ ph6 Just cant get it too work for me Peace Ronin4life

Last edited:

covert

...i've been growing in straight coco and feeding KISS style for almost a decade now and it's fucking EASY!

peace, bozo

You underestimate the significance of the decade when it's from the eyes of a beginner but you're right it's so easy that any seasoned gardener can grasp it within the course of the first grow. Well at least they should be able to if they have sufficient and necessary past experience.

I have never owned an EC or pH meter. Ever.

beta

Veteran
Just thrown seedling away coco isnt for me.Seedling started to get brown patches on leafs only fed Ec0.8 @ ph6 Just cant get it too work for me Peace Ronin4life

I'm going to say it again - You need to raise your feed to at least 1.2-1.4 EC, no matter how young your plants are. Anything less than that and you'll see problems.