What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - Limited Edition - Test by Koon

Koondense

Veteran
Interesting observation.
However RH is pretty high, right now @58-68% and 23-25°C. Can't say how it was during the coldest nights but I suspect RH 50-60% and 8-15°C fluctuations. All plants showed cold related problems, mostly slight-on-tips-to-very-nicely-noticable purpling of fan leaves.
I intend to lower the RH by mixing hotter/colder air in few cycles/day, usually it works very good.

Cheers

Interesting observation.
However RH is pretty high, right now @58-68% and 23-25°C. Can't say how it was during the coldest nights but I suspect RH 50-60% and 8-15°C fluctuations. All plants showed cold related problems, mostly slight-on-tips-to-very-nicely-noticable purpling of fan leaves.
I intend to lower the RH by mixing hotter/colder air in few cycles/day, usually it works very good.

Cheers

Interesting, thank you. I was curious since the moisture carrying ability of air is related to temperature directly.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koodense,

Thanks for the update on early March. This new hybrid has the potential to yield a lot when it has enough space for the roots and with proper heavy feeding.

The health problems i see in your plants looks more related to PH and EC rather than temps. How are the PH and EC in your watering and feedings ?

Please, keep us updated whenever you have the chance.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dubi,
you're probably right, there are some minor EC and pH inbalances in my water/feed I guess, trouble is I don't measure the values so can't be sure of anything.
Thing is this cycle I decided to try some nutrient mix which was organic+mineral based and it didn't work very well it seems.
I'll likely go back to biobizz line exclusively with my custom soil mix.

A final grow update on these two, pictures are not proper but it is what it is.

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - giant pheno before harvest

picture.php

Orient Express X Nepal Jam - Bushy pheno before harvest

picture.php

If you want yield, you want the bushy pheno, she has huge potential.

To be honest I'm not satisfied with this run, lots of trouble with cold and nutes, lower light levels than usual but I'm still happy, mostly because it seems I'll keep the bushy pheno as clone and probably put it outside or even do another run indoors, maybe more than one actually.
So despite this time not having optimal results I think there's still a lot to be happy with.

I'll come back with a smoke report of both phenos, after proper dry/cure, so stay tuned for more ;)

Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
These are beautiful genetics. Last season I over planted in a growbag and didn't feed her enough.
I will run her again someday and do a better job.

Thanks for sharing Koondense, Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi,
you're probably right, there are some minor EC and pH inbalances in my water/feed I guess, trouble is I don't measure the values so can't be sure of anything.

Hi Koondense,

To know how the EC and PH perform in your waterings and feedings in your growing media is the base of everything, the rest comes next.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah i know, but since my operations are very improvised in these last cycles there was no way i could measure it, but i'll upgrade soon and have more control over my grow. I promise ;)
Also i trust my soil when i can mix it properly, the mycos and bacteria should buffer it well to allow plants a proper use of water and nutrients.
Goals are set but some times are unreachable because of lower standards, when improvising.

Next time it will be better.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Got a couple more pictures of these two ladies.

Structure comparison

picture.php

The giant pheno was very stretchy during veg and had a short and intense stretch in 12/12, I had to top it otherwise it would be a problem with keeping her in similar conditions as other plants. There were some very stocky indicas inside so the lanky gal had to be bent. Otherwise they're both pretty impressive in veg, were the two biggest plants in this grow. The bushy pheno needs some pruning to maximize airflow inside the canopy.

Bushy pheno bud

picture.php

This is my favorite, pretty quick and a great producing plant. Smell is very mild, with hints of hash, sweet rotten fruits and maybe just a bit of chocolate. Gotta wait for proper drying to smell her again.

Cheers

Looking good bro. NepJam was my firstever successful MJ grow! I have 3, OE x NJ beans on deck for summer grow. Psyched to duplicate your success.

Update 5/6, Three beans to germ today!

I put these l'enfants outside for some sunshine and in less than 5 mins one was snatched by a bird. FUCKING BIRDIES

Last edited:
Got a couple more pictures of these two ladies.

Structure comparison

View Image

The giant pheno was very stretchy during veg and had a short and intense stretch in 12/12, I had to top it otherwise it would be a problem with keeping her in similar conditions as other plants. There were some very stocky indicas inside so the lanky gal had to be bent. Otherwise they're both pretty impressive in veg, were the two biggest plants in this grow. The bushy pheno needs some pruning to maximize airflow inside the canopy.

Bushy pheno bud

View Image

This is my favorite, pretty quick and a great producing plant. Smell is very mild, with hints of hash, sweet rotten fruits and maybe just a bit of chocolate. Gotta wait for proper drying to smell her again.

Cheers

Bro what is your overall impression? Would you grow again or make any changes to your method? Tasty flowers?

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Hermen eutics,
there are a few facts which I need to say again regarding this grow in particular, there were not only these two OExNJs.
It was a winter grow with low temperatures, some nights they were around 5°C, not more than 8°C. They were not given proper care and had a pretty low light levels if you ask me(lowest acceptable, 275W/m^2).
Yet the two OExNJs were the highest yielders of the whole grow(1,4x the average plant yield) and also the most vigorous couple of plants. Their yield was exactly the same, to the gram. I mentioned before, if you want yield, you need the bushy pheno...well, seems the tall one would outyield the bushy if it was left untopped but it was an overall bigger plant.

Regarding the smoke, it's still too early for the proper smoke report(still curing) but I can tell a few things.
They are creepers and quite potent, at the start it seems like nothing but as minutes pass you notice the high/stone coming at you. The effect is not so clear, seems still on the more sativa side if we talk in indi/sati way.
The smell is a mix of forest moss and orange peel with hints of lemongrass. Nothing spectacular but overall really pleasant and feels organic, these indoor buds are very similar to the best outdoor buds you can get in my area, so in my mind this hybrid is made for the great outdoors where it can show its full potential.

The full smoke report will come some time in june, got too many things to do right now, gotta find more time for a proper smoke session with these two.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Lol it's september and still busy.
Damn, hopefully you guys have some more patience. My bad.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense :)

Sorry, seems i missed to reply to your latest posts here. Thanks for sharing pics of your 2 Orient Express x Nepal Jam before harvest and for your early smoke reports.

Glad both plants produced vigorous and good yielding plants despite the cold temps of your indoor. The taller, purple stemmed stretchy indica (as DJ Short likes to call them) has stronger influence from the purple Nepal Jam parental plant, while the more compact one has more influence from the high yielding short sized Orient Express indica pheno.
Forest moss aromas and flavors are common with Orient Express and with this OE hybrid too.

Let us know how is the smoke with the curing whenever you have the chance, thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts