What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Year, New Ace Plants: New Golden Tiger, Haze x Hond., Pan Haze, Skunk Haze x GT

Spaventa

Veteran
That is great to see. Great plants. I just put 3 Panama Haze in to germinate. They might not.. they have been in my stash for 3 years, refrigerated but 3 years is a long time. Hope i find an 11 week incense girl too :) I hope you report on the smoke and in particular how the incense comes through in the smokes aroma... the aroma it leaves in the air after you smoked there you know? Cheers

Ncali

Veteran
Dubi's beans are so vigorous, I would not even be surprised if one or all three popped up.

So a side bud got its branch damaged by being so heavy it bent over, it snapped the branch. So we dried it and smoked it a few days back. Besides the obvious undeveloped potency, we did get to experience some of her terps... burnt bacon my dude!! The bowl smells of meatyness... And a lil' incense. When it was ground/broken we got that lemon + incense. Not that artificial citrus or real sharp rind smell, more like a sweet lemon. Incense is there, too. It's not quite the sitting on a pew, church experience. But, Very nice.

She has a few weeks to go, but I don't think too much will change from now until then.

It's something to look forward too!

Koondense

Veteran
3 years is nothing, some seeds i sprouted were 10 years old and came out normal with only slightly lower vigour in seedling phase.
Ace seeds should last you way more than 3 years i think.

Cheers

oldbootz

Veteran
3 years is nothing, some seeds i sprouted were 10 years old and came out normal with only slightly lower vigour in seedling phase.
Ace seeds should last you way more than 3 years i think.

Cheers

Depends on the ambient temperature where you live, and the temp ranges from day/night summer/winter. Where I live its quite hot and the seeds don't all last 3 years without being stored in the fridge. There will be some germination issues.

midsummer

Storage is critical. Storage at the seed vendor is generally an unknown. Perhaps Dubi will chime in and tell us how they store the seeds at ACE. I suspect they do a good job as with everything else they do.

I recently successfully germinated 23/30 bought in 2007 and stored in fridge with rice. I get 80-90% germination on seeds I made in 2004 and stored with rice vacuum packed in a fridge.

I recently got 0/49 on seeds I bought a year ago and stored properly (while in my possession) and 0/23 on some ACE Panama I put down last August bought from the same vendor at the same time. This was the direct result of poor storage.

Buddler

Veteran
Ncali thanks for putting in the time with your update ..The skunk haze gt is a beaut.:)

midsummer

Ncali,

Beautiful work!!

Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Your photography is outstanding! And, of course, the work at ACE is superior.

Spaventa

Veteran
Dubi's beans are so vigorous, I would not even be surprised if one or all three popped up.

So a side bud got its branch damaged by being so heavy it bent over, it snapped the branch. So we dried it and smoked it a few days back. Besides the obvious undeveloped potency, we did get to experience some of her terps... burnt bacon my dude!! The bowl smells of meatyness... And a lil' incense. When it was ground/broken we got that lemon + incense. Not that artificial citrus or real sharp rind smell, more like a sweet lemon. Incense is there, too. It's not quite the sitting on a pew, church experience. But, Very nice.

She has a few weeks to go, but I don't think too much will change from now until then.

It's something to look forward too!

Sounds nice :) It has even better prospects for when its done, nicely dried and cured a few weeks. I hope I find that phenotype. The ones I grew in 2015 weren't very incensey. They were more floral and tropical and fruity, very nice but not what I was hoping for. Yours have given me new hope.

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :tiphat:

Sounds nice :) It has even better prospects for when its done, nicely dried and cured a few weeks. I hope I find that phenotype. The ones I grew in 2015 weren't very incensey. They were more floral and tropical and fruity, very nice but not what I was hoping for. Yours have given me new hope.

Have you considered purple Mexican from the CBG camp? It's not haze, but the terps were woody and VERY loud incense both when smoked and in jar. The Pck broughht some dark berry stuff too of course. THAT stuff always gets compliments on being a nice pleasent smell, regardless of the cannabis aspect. It just smells so nice unburnt & burnt.

Ncali

Veteran
Ladyboys

Ladyboys

Thai being thai! This was the taller lankier& crazier growing of the two thai chang mai x malawi

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Needless to say zhe was culled! However, just more room for her sister, who is doing quite well. She loves more space, is a nice green and filling in budsites quickly now

attachment.php

I'll get some higher resolution pics with the big camera after the weekend.

Drink safely and don't drive! Happy paddies day everyone

nCali

Attachments

• 20180315_211944.jpg
    20180315_211944.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180315_211909.jpg
    20180315_211909.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180315_212006.jpg
    20180315_212006.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180315_212131.jpg
    20180315_212131.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 14

Ncali

Veteran
The New Tiger's swipe

The New Tiger's swipe

Happy to have you here for the party, even if last call is soon haha!

Harvested from this grow:
Skunk haze x Golden Tiger gen1 #1 & #2
Panama Haze
Nevil's Haze Mango

A few are still drying, but that leaves Green Haze x Honduras, Golden Tiger gen2 and Thai Chang Mai x Malawi all growing strong and developing quickly. The Borg are back, I got a bad batch of predatory mites and they have exploded in population. Most were dead upon arrival, very disappointed. So tempted to go chemical :/

Skunk Haze GT#1 dried, in jars
attachment.php

Thai Chang Mai x Malawi
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

(cont. below)

Attachments

• skhz x gt1.jpg
    skhz x gt1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
  • thaichangmai mal3.jpg
    thaichangmai mal3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 16
  • thaichangmai mal2.jpg
    thaichangmai mal2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
  • thaichangmai mal.jpg
    thaichangmai mal.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
Green Haze x Honduras!

Smells so damn good! Love the fruity and incense smells. I was kinda hoping for more in the spice department, but haze is kind of a crap shoot with a wide variety of yummy and unique terpene profiles.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will have pics of the Golden Tiger gen2 at a later time, she is doing well with frost development, she just looks a bit shaggy. Not the most photogenic plant with her leaf, a little larfy buuut she smells amazing and will also look amazing all trimmed up!!

Thanks for the feedback and support guys. If anyone has info on a good online pest purchasing website, to the west-coast / California please PM me. Mites suck, and im trying to stay away from avid. But with every yellow dot on every leaf I am one tick closer to buying that crap. Jesus.

Be well everyone, stay dry, stay warm, much love for the Ace Community.

:thank you:

NC

Attachments

• Greenhz honduras1.jpg
    Greenhz honduras1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 14
  • Greenhz honduras2.jpg
    Greenhz honduras2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Greenhz honduras3.jpg
    Greenhz honduras3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Greenhz honduras4.jpg
    Greenhz honduras4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 15

deepwaterdude

Sorry to hear about the Borg, bro! Otherwise that Thai Cheng Mai x Malawi looks killer. inspiring job as usual!
How long did your Panama HAze end up going? Mine still have a while left.

Ncali

Veteran
Thanks dwd, I'm really sorry they're back too! I'll get those pests under control for sure.

The Pan haze went around 12.5 weeks, arguably a little early by maybe 5 days. We're heading out of town for the weekend and I needed her dry before I left. I HATE leaving fem beans on the vine past their due date. Ive had too many experiences with nanners popping up around that time. Just better to take precautions against that stuff... the skunk haze x gt2 & nevil's haze mango were ready to go too, so I just made a day out of it.

Oh panama haze! She's really heavy on the Panama structure also, so I'm sure that helped her rippen quickly. Her structure is totally different than your hazey girls dwd. Your girls structure remind me more of my green haze x honduras than my panama haze: heavy haze. I'd like to pop some more beans to look for more haze expressions, im loving the terpenes OTH brings to the crosses. The lemon and meat terpene expression sounds horrible, but lemme tell yah that the bacon lemon incense exhale on the tester bud has me seriously excited about the end product. A+ line, Dubi.

Hats off to ace

:tiphat:
NC

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :tiphat:

Have you considered purple Mexican from the CBG camp? It's not haze, but the terps were woody and VERY loud incense both when smoked and in jar. The Pck broughht some dark berry stuff too of course. THAT stuff always gets compliments on being a nice pleasent smell, regardless of the cannabis aspect. It just smells so nice unburnt & burnt.

Have you got a link for that? thanks