What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scott's OG under Mars Hydro Epistar 320

Kimura

rare dankness says this strain goes 50-65 days, which i think is total BS. i'll run these at least 10 weeks, maaaaaybe 11 depending on how the plants and trichomes look. i have to wait at least 65 days for them to really chunk up.

if i run scotts og again, i'm lowering the bloom nutrient ppm again. i'll use 2-3ml per gallon instead of 4. last run i did 5ml/g. they done need much NPK but they each up the magnesium.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Hey, a fellow scotts og grower! Was pretty stoked to see this. I felt like I was the only one growing it on IC.

Interesting that your experimenting with low nutes and lower light levels. Whats the size of the foot print? Also, these are clones? all from same pheno? I got 2 from seed on day 44 of flower as of today. Haven't made an update on my diary for awhile. am due for sure.

Im also using pro mix and pure blend pro, and am meticulous about nutrient levels, ph, and run off. feeding every watering at 600 ppm, my tap is 200, so about 400 ppms of nutrients. I was planning on running this 9 weeks like most of my other runs.

Week 6 - I lowered to 500 ppm
Week 7 - Water Feed
Week 8 - Water Feed
Week 9 - 7 Day FLUSH

either way, looking forward to learning from your experience, and comparing our results !

Kimura

i'm in a 4x4 tent, all of these are clones from 2 different plants i grew from seed, so 2 different phenos. 3 of each pheno in the tent.

i use tap water too, but luckily the ppm here is so low it doesnt show any reading on my bluelab truncheon. 400ppm to scotts og seems to be about perfect.

today is day 1 of week 8. after this week, they get plain water for 2 weeks and then i'll havest on day 70.

Week 8 Nutrients

3ml Sensi A&B
3ml Sweet Berry
3ml Overdrive

OgCOBudz

I grew under a black dog 220 (can't remember the model exactly) a few years back. I discovered halfway through the third run that you want the temps to be closer to 95 ° to maximize yield with led lights.

I was forced to relocate during that third run. The closet I moved them into was much warmer than my old spot in the canyon. Turns out they yielded about 25% more weight.

I couldn't figure it out but eventually found the information online. It has something to do with a lack of a certain part of the light spectrum in LEDs that most other HID lights used for indoor growing have.

I believe it is infrared radiation and it causes the surface temperature of the leaf to rise 5-15° above the air temperature of the room under traditional lights (hps, mh, etc).

So if your room is at 80° the surface of the leaf is closer to 90°+.
When you go above 85° the plant is actually experiencing much higher temps under these lights which will stifle growth.

This part if the spectrum is not produced by LED lights.

And we all know that plants transpire more quickly at higher temps which is why they can tolerate these temps when using CO2.

So go ahead and run those plants at 90-95° degrees to maximize yield under LEDs. There is plenty if science to support it, check it out.

You can also save more money on electricity if you dont have to spend as much to cool the room down as much.

OgCOBudz

Beautiful plants btw. I would be using very similar specs to yours. Those plants were pruned down nicely for flower.

Kimura

link me to sources because that sounds like total bs

edit: i googled it and found a couple articles you may be referring to. definitely interesting stuff, i might give it a try next round.

Last edited:

Kimura

just realized ive got some slight mag deficiency. definitely need to push the sweet at the end around 5ml/gal

Kimura

Day 51 of 70

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

little magnesium def here

picture.php

aquavitae

i like your pictures a lot =)

OG will most likely always start stacking very late week 7ish. keep us posted
on your results Kimura. would you recommend this growlight?

AV

Kimura

yea this light is pretty nice, i'm quite happy with it. i had a viparspectra 1200, which was nice, i even pulled 10-12 ounces of the best bud i ever grew from it, but i think i get a better light spectrum with this mars hydro epistar. i had a lot of purpling on stalks under the viparspectra but not under this mars.

i cant wait for the next few weeks. these OGs are about to start putting on the real weight. i ordered a 250ml bottle of Bud Factor X to test on my next round, but i might just his these with some before i start the flush.

Kimura

first day of week 9! plain water from now until harvest. i was going to run these 10 weeks, but i forgot i'm going out of town for a few days, and have to have a friend stop by to water everything. i figured i'd just harvest these the day before i fly out, so it cuts down on stuff for him to do. so i'll be harvesting at day 67 this round.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Looking good! What I just started doing is going in 15 mins early with a little floodlamp and taking pics right before lights on. Would be nice to see them fade! Just saying, I know its a hassle though so each there own. I just started doing it myself finally.

So no flush, just straight water for the last 10 days? Im doing 10 days of water, then 3X Container Volume Flush, then a final 10 days. But even now, after 1 week of water My OG#5 is fading out super quick. getting some purple too. night temps go to 15C. My other OG#3 is staying green so far still.

Kimura

14-21 day plain water flush is how i usually do things. that 3x container flush thing is pointless in my opinion, unless you burned your plants and need to flush that stuff out of the soil.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Yeah Im still fairly novice so Ive been going by the recommended instructions per users on here. But like everything else after awhile you start seeing what things you do and don't need to do based on your setup. I find when I flush them after 10 days of water there isnt much ppm left. so even after running 3-4G through a 2G pot Im going from 400ppm down to 200ppm which is tap. I just like to get everything out completely. Which I also need to do anyways since I reuse my pro mix as soon as Im done with it, so I dont want there to be any build up salts at all.

Kimura

Yeah Im still fairly novice so Ive been going by the recommended instructions per users on here. But like everything else after awhile you start seeing what things you do and don't need to do based on your setup. I find when I flush them after 10 days of water there isnt much ppm left. so even after running 3-4G through a 2G pot Im going from 400ppm down to 200ppm which is tap. I just like to get everything out completely. Which I also need to do anyways since I reuse my pro mix as soon as Im done with it, so I dont want there to be any build up salts at all.

i honestly wouldnt worry about that kind of flush. i would just do 14 days of plain water if i were you. its easier and uses less water and gets the same results IMO. you dont need 0ppm running out of the pot before you harvest. that's just OCD. i've grown for a few dispensaries and we never did that any any of them. my fav dispensary flushed for 21 days, so thats what i usually shoot for.

sometimes ill push some nutrients in week 8 then just do the last 2 weeks plain water.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Very nice, at what week did you end up adding the second light to the tent? Very impressive considering you only vegged with 320W all the way through to at least end of week 3 bloo, as far as you had mentioned. And with the second light still only 675 on a 4x4 area. Can't wait to see the numbers!

Latest posts

Latest posts