What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Good Seeing you TM. Have those Hondurans had a cure yet? Let us know if you get the leds and how they work. I've been eyeing those also. Wife gave the ok for an 8x8 foot grow room, but she gave me a budget:shucks:. I'm thinking of putting 4 of those in Spider Farmer LEDs in, along with a 50watt flower initiator 730nm Far Red phyto-dep light
https://www.growlightsource.com/50-watt-flower-initiator-730nm-far-red-phyto-dep/
I can add on from there as budge allows.
SL

You bet they're cured. Very nice effect and such a smooth smoke. They didn't produce much because I put them in very late and they didn't get a lot of sun. But I cut down 60 saplings in the spot for next year. I'll put in a couple hundred and see how they do when they go in the ground early with proper sunlight (3rd week of May).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely outcome on your volunteer Honduras plant, repuk :)

Looks indeed like the pure purple Honduras pheno, ot at least a pure sativa hybrid of strong Purple Honduras influence.

Looks damn appealing and like my cup of tea for smoking during the day.
Wish you are enjoying her, and the others too! ;)

Had to cut it a little early for my taste... I'm sure it would have turned completely purple (as her parents).

View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Sgt. Stadanko,

Glad you found our room and this thread. Thanks for supporting our work, much appreciated.

If you are after crystal clear, happy, active and well focused pure tropical sativa effects without heaviness, dirtiness or burnout then i'm sure wou will enjoy pure Honduras :)

If you like this kind of effects and you are not afraid of long flowering times then i would also recommend you Green Haze, Green Honduras Haze, pure Ethiopian, Mauritius x Ethiopian... or if you need a finished product with these qualities but plants finishing much earlier then Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Honduras Breeze, Thai Chi, Tikal, Orient Express regular version and Zamal Bliss are also great choices.

Please, keep us updated with your progresses. Best wishes!

I know I’m late to the party on this but damn. I just ordered some Honduras seeds and judging by this thread it’s looking to be exactly what I wanted, a happy, not-too-strong, clean Central American. I got 20 seeds coming, I’m hoping I can find some good green “Mexican” type phenos in there. I really enjoy this kind of bud, the happy stuff you can roll a big joint of and smoke without overdoing it. Yields look great too! Sometimes a boatload of trichomes and rock hard buds just doesn’t cut it. This is my kind of weed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Boocoodinkydow :)

Thanks for joining the Honduran party! Your Honduras female looks VERY proper at half way of flowering in that pic, love her very long sexy pistils, and the fatty buds as well :D
And she was looking really resinous for a tropical sat, would love to see some pics of her finishing and to know your opinion about her smoke when you have the chance.

Hello, Lotto.

The first 6 weeks was under 7) 10.5w screw in LED’s with the domes removed. If my math’s right that’s 73.5 total watts. The inspiration was from all the contributors in Blynx long running thread on the subject.

At 6 weeks the plant had reached 39”. Since LED’s fall short on penetration properties, I felt the midsection of the plant would suffer from light deprivation if I continued this route.

I’d never tried a vertical grow but the way things were shaping up, I thought that this plant might be a prime subject for some experimentation. I removed the SIL’s, lashed her to the back wall of the cabinet, did a little pruning of fan leaves and placed 11) 4’ 18w LED tubes vertically in front of her. That’s just shy of 200w total.

View Image
This is a pic of one frame with 7 bulbs in place.

She took to the new light quite well and shot up almost 18” in about a week. I think she’s happy. This has the potential of being the most productive plant I’ve ever grown. Color me happy!!

I’ve got a diary slowly evolving. Love to have you stop by. Haven’t learned how to pin a link to my signature yet but the thread title is “Tribulations of an Absentee Gardener”.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks dubi! :tiphat:

Not sure if I commented it here, but Honduras has a really good medicinal effect; have a non smoker relative that suffers tremblings and pain, and handed some Honduras to her. After some tokes of a spliff (a Bob's spliff, 100% green) tremors were gone for three days, was able to sleep without pain, etc.

She had tried some Colombian when young and had a panic attack that had her running frantically for kilometers... so was reluctant to try. Having all Sativa hybrids I thought Honduras could be a good fit due to its gentle and warm mental effect, but definitely didn't expect such good medicinal effect!

Tychomonolith said:
That said, I've been itching to pull the trigger on some Spider Farmer LEDs and a tent.

Look for SILs (Screw-in E27 LED bulbs) rebates (Philips, GE, Osram...), you'll be surprised what $50 worth of SILs can make, let alone $100...

Build a grid with some leftover timber and you're set... for around $150 you should be able to assemble a 400-600W one in a snap.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola repuk,

Glad the Honduras effect worked so well as a medical relief for your relative. :huggg:

Honestly, i didn't expect that Honduras could provide relief against tremblings, as mixed with my early coffee in the morning it really produces a body stimulating effect, like an uplifting discharge of energy so i thought this strain won't be very suitable for people suffering parkinson or tremblings, but glad i was wrong in this case ;)
although medical relief of a specific plant varies a lot from one person to the other.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
That was my doubt... all I have is sativas or sativa hybrids... GTxP, Zam x KC, Panama Haze... I think it could be too much for her... I handed some ZamxKC to my sister which has some tolerance as is used to hash, but it destroyed her (in the good way) :laughing:

My relative has tried Honduras and an Ethiopian cross, with great results with the Honduras.

Possibly my coaching, the setting, etc had to do also so that the experience was joyful for her, most panic attacks or disphoria episodes I've watched on others were on non familiar settings, nor people etc.

Definitely the benefitial effects are there in Honduras, and while being body stimulating (maybe is that what induces the phyisical relief), at low doses (start with 3-4 tokes of pure green and wait if not a seasoned smoker) seems to be greatly handed by people not used to smoke, as the mind high (which is what causes panic attacks etc) is gentle, warm and cozy, with some "detaching", slightly introspective but greatly sociable and leveled.

Thanks for this gem! :huggg:

Carraxe

Veteran
I got just a couple of males in the bunch, and both of them have double serrated edge. They show a lot of flowers for only two weeks they've been 12/12.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice Honduras male Carraxe :)

What's your plans with them ? Thinking to produce pure Honduras seeds or some hybrids ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
More recent Honduras cannabinoid and terpene analyses

More recent Honduras cannabinoid and terpene analyses

Update on the Honduras sativa cannabinoid and terpene analyses thanks to UniqueFlower :yes:

THC: 8-18 %
CBD Up to 0.06 %
CBG Up to 1 %

Terpene profile: Complex and rich terpene profile. It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: very high amounts of terpinolene and high amounts of beta myrcene, with variability in the high alpha pinene content, followed by moderate quantities of trans ocimene and variability in the moderate content of beta pinene, and smaller amounts of cedrol, limonene, linalool, trans phytol, alfa phellandrene, alfa terpineol, alfa terpinene, gamma terpinene and squalene. Sesquiterpenes: high amounts of beta-caryophyllene, with variability in the presence of beta nerolidol, alpha humelene, trans nerolidol and guaiol in smaller quantities.

Attachments

• Honduras colombian purple pheno análisis de cannabinoides UniqueFlower.jpg
    Honduras colombian purple pheno análisis de cannabinoides UniqueFlower.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Honduras colombian purple pheno análisis de terpenos UniqueFlower.jpg
    Honduras colombian purple pheno análisis de terpenos UniqueFlower.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 39

Carraxe

Veteran
Honduras at 5 weeks. I've pollinated some plants, the last picture shows the most seeded one.

Sweet smokes

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They are looking very sexy in early flowering Carraxe :)
Thanks for the update!

Carraxe

Veteran
Yes, for just 5 weeks they look gorgeous. Nothing to do with Ethiopians, for example, that are much more extreme. Honduras are already showing some resin, and very nice long hair.

Carraxe

Veteran
At 7 weeks, they are fluffy and nicely resinous. Attractive floral smell, strong for a landrace. The seeded ones are developing less floral structures and hair, but they're resinous and good looking.

I miscalculated the amount of pollen I used and I'm going to have far more seeds than I need.

Sweet smokes

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Carraxe,

Now is when things start to get more interesting with these tropical sativas.
She is barely passing mid flowering so she still can fatten up a lot in the upcoming weeks.
Glad to see you are already producing babies with her ;)

Carraxe

Veteran
At 8 weeks, and pollinated 5 weeks ago, they look like this. Long fluffy colas with quite a lot of resin and a fucking lot of seeds.

Smells are complex, I can't say yet what do they recall.

Sweet smokes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update Carraxe,

The Honduras is a very prolific strain :) It can produce LOTS of seeds, much more seeds than an indica using the same space.