What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your ACE X's !!!

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Working on An Ethiopian Auto

Working on An Ethiopian Auto

I dusted my Seedsman Northern Lights Auto with some Ethiopian pollen and this is the F1 Generation. Working on an Auto Ethiopian.

I only put one in a 5 gallon to see just how well it would do and I am really pleased

The other two females are staying in 2 gallon buckets until the end.

The rest are males and quarantined

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
I pollinated Panama Haze with the Purple Honduras Haze male I got when I popped two of the Purple Honduras Haze seeds. Since they are two of my favorite strains I am running right now I have been wanting to do a test run of their progeny ever since pollination.

Finally last month while I was planting spinach and lettuce I decided I couldn't wait any longer and it was time to do a test run of 6 seeds. they are the six on the left. the top two have some fun krinkle in the leaves. Ill try and get a better pic of the krinkle after transplanting.

I will probably transplant them tomorrow when I make some more room i the veg garden.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Seedsman Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

Seedsman Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

The later pheno finally produced enough pistils for me to get a good amount of seeds. I pollinated them a few days ago and fertilized again today.

The one in the 5 gallon bucket is coming in just under six feet (including height of bucket).

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Panama Haze x Purple Honduras Haze

Panama Haze x Purple Honduras Haze

Update on the 6 pack I popped. I decided not to transplant yet and move some other stuff into flower to make up the room I needed.

When moving things around I accidentally dropped a plant on the bottom right plant. Fortunately the stem snapped just above the bottom two nodes so it should recover nicely.

The close up is of the one with mutated leaves. Man I love mutants!

aliceklar

re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

re: Seedsman Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

The later pheno finally produced enough pistils for me to get a good amount of seeds. I pollinated them a few days ago and fertilized again today.

View Image View Image View Image

Nice! Can I ask - the Ethiopian was a regular photoperiod strain, right? I'd be interested to find out if any (or all??) of the F1s were autoflowers like the mother plant - I'd heard that autoflowering was a recessive trait, and so assumed it wouldnt show up until the F2 generation.

I've also just popped a Northern Light auto, and was going to experiment with using it as a base for my own auto line. If your F1s are all showing the autoflowering trait, then that would have to mean that the Seedsman NL auto has dominant genes for autoflowering - and thats kind of a big deal!

https://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/autoflower-breeding-seed-production/

Last edited:

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Nice! Can I ask - the Ethiopian was a regular photoperiod strain, right? I'd be interested to find out if any (or all??) of the F1s were autoflowers like the mother plant - I'd heard that autoflowering was a recessive trait, and so assumed it wouldnt show up until the F2 generation.

I've also just popped a Northern Light auto, and was going to experiment with using it as a base for my own auto line. If your F1s are all showing the autoflowering trait, then that would have to mean that the Seedsman NL auto has dominant genes for autoflowering - and thats kind of a big deal!

https://www.autoflowering-cannabis.com/autoflower-breeding-seed-production/

I have bred with a few autos in the past and every time, including this time, the autoflower trait was recessive. The current plan is to use the Ethiopian leaning autoflowering males from the next generation (it will be a small percentage of the population) to pollinate my current Ethiopian female.

I had an interesting mutation in one of the Seedsman Northern Lights Autos that I should have taken a picture of but I wasn't really taking pics at the time. It was flat stemmed with no branching and then extreme crowded growth at the top. This picture was the closest thing I have found that looks like what I had and its pretty close. The main difference being that my NL Auto had nothing growing from any node aside from a leaf until the explosive growth at the top. This plant looks like it has a small branch coming from the nodes next to the base of his thumb.

Good luck on your project!

SolarLogos

Purple Haze Satellite (Purple Haze x Purple Satellite)

Purple Haze Satellite (Purple Haze x Purple Satellite)

She is going to be an early-mid November finish I think. I'm waiting for the temperatures to dip so I can see if the purple shows up. We need at least a few days of around 53F/11.6c before the purple starts to show up and we are not there yet. This girl is close to a 50/50 hybrid between the purple haze and the purple satellite. Leaves have always looked haze, structure is a bit of both, but haze branches this way when I bend the tops over (she hasn't been topped). Flowers look Purple Satellite but smell mostly hazy, a hint of berry. Now I wished I had made standard seeds instead of fems, I would have liked to have found a male like her to, but hit her with Honduran pollen, both from males from lines 5&6. Not a very stable cross but I'm sure something good will come out of it. I can at least find a suitable male from that cross to cross into another PHS female.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

Northern Lights Auto x Ethiopian f1

Seed development is coming along and there is some noticeable resin production. These only get about 6 hours of sun a day

The big one has breached 6 feet and has a really nice main cola. I pollinated the lower branches only as I hope to still get a nice chunk of bud from this run and the seeds are only to give autoflowering Ethiopian leaning males.

I am very happy with the way the two in the 2 gallon pots are doing. Nice structure and no problems.

OfCourse

ICMag Donor
She is going to be an early-mid November finish I think. I'm waiting for the temperatures to dip so I can see if the purple shows up. We need at least a few days of around 53F/11.6c before the purple starts to show up and we are not there yet. This girl is close to a 50/50 hybrid between the purple haze and the purple satellite. Leaves have always looked haze, structure is a bit of both, but haze branches this way when I bend the tops over (she hasn't been topped). Flowers look Purple Satellite but smell mostly hazy, a hint of berry. Now I wished I had made standard seeds instead of fems, I would have liked to have found a male like her to, but hit her with Honduran pollen, both from males from lines 5&6. Not a very stable cross but I'm sure something good will come out of it. I can at least find a suitable male from that cross to cross into another PHS female.
View Image
View Image
View Image

That is a gorgeous plant. I love the way the flowers run.

Tangwena

Veteran
View Image
View Image
View Image
If I could just visit your place before I die brother thats all I wish for outstanding your taste in pot is sublime.

burningfire

Veteran
The three plants got the chop.. saved the nicest colas to smoke as buds and got tired and coarsely cut the rest to make some bubble hash, they are in the freezer right now..

the flora nova bloom was a nice addition to the fertilizer regimen, the buds look like they swelled up nicely compared to last year and the weather hasn't been as good.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

one of the clones that wasn't topped.

picture.php

Last edited:

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
picture.php

I used a Tikal female with a BOG Bubble male. Really frosty and smells range from strawberry, peach, citrus, creamy fruit.