What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

hammalamma

Veteran
you must spread rep before giving to krunch........

Always great info Krunch! I used to think the same, that all your shit is marketing. But now I believe you really just wanna help and give back to a forum that has helped you a lot. Now , there probably is a lil marketing for us cats in the bay, but this is an international website and this guy isn't selling shit all over the world. And on that note I'm off to the depot.

Last edited:

Epiphyte

Definitely good for the price...but it ain't the best shit ever. Everything tends to work well when you use it right. Nevertheless, the price it right

Ground Up

I have been using it for a while, clonex runs hot IMO... yup i nail clones roots pretty fast, i also mix it in my watering jug after rooting.!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I use dip n gro and then I dip the wet dip n gro end into roottone and stick the them
in the potting medium. Roots every time have done 100s like this haven't lost one yet, knock on wood. I always start my cuttings in soil.

For anyone who's using this, do you just follow the instructions on the bottle ( moisten stem and dip directly into Bottle of powder) or do you mix the powder with water then dip cutting into it? Also for anyone using aero cloner how long to you let the stem contact the powder before putting over sprayers. Thanks in advance

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool thread, always good to know what products are the best value.

speaking of cloning failures, i had a phase about a year ago where i had only about 30% survival rate for 2 tries in a row. this after normally getting 99% success. i was totally clueless, blaming it on the genetics in my head even. well after a while i decided to try buying different starter cubes, and low and behold i was back to 100% success rate. it seems a rare event, but not all rockwool starter cubes are equal it seems.

i use tablets that you can dissolve in water, which you then use to wet the starter cubes, then you can just dunk the stem in some of the water and stick it in the cube. i hate powders that have to be rolled on individually, or that you have to dip and then cut the end off.

was wondering Krunch, how is it when you do hundreds of clones or thousands, do you still cut the end off with a razor blade, or you use a sizer for the last 45 degree cut?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
For anyone who's using this, do you just follow the instructions on the bottle ( moisten stem and dip directly into Bottle of powder) or do you mix the powder with water then dip cutting into it? Also for anyone using aero cloner how long to you let the stem contact the powder before putting over sprayers. Thanks in advance

i like to put my clones in cold water for a few minutes, to make them perky, then rool the stem in the powder...

cool thread, always good to know what products are the best value.

speaking of cloning failures, i had a phase about a year ago where i had only about 30% survival rate for 2 tries in a row. this after normally getting 99% success. i was totally clueless, blaming it on the genetics in my head even. well after a while i decided to try buying different starter cubes, and low and behold i was back to 100% success rate. it seems a rare event, but not all rockwool starter cubes are equal it seems.

i use tablets that you can dissolve in water, which you then use to wet the starter cubes, then you can just dunk the stem in some of the water and stick it in the cube. i hate powders that have to be rolled on individually, or that you have to dip and then cut the end off.

was wondering Krunch, how is it when you do hundreds of clones or thousands, do you still cut the end off with a razor blade, or you use a sizer for the last 45 degree cut?

what tablet do you use?

all with razor blades....

P

puma

PICT2907.JPG

the TAKE-ROOT is the winner for me i ran out last round and bought the ROOTING and it did not turn out good for me at all, i had my GSC diped and put into the dome 16 days+ later still no roots finaly at around day 19 i seen a couple roots but at the end of the it got put into the trash......cant say i blame the loss intirely on the ROOTING but i have sence bought a new bottle of TAKE-ROOT and my snips look great and there already taking root i can tell because they have no loseness to them above the RR.....
peace:)

Grizz

Veteran
krunch is a rep. he reps anything that works and can save us $$$$, pulls no punches and dont give a shit if you like him or not.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
they are called Rhizopon AA tablets, 1 tablet can be dissolved in 10 lt of water and the water used to wet the medium for the clones, or 1 tablet in 1 lt if you want to dunk the stems. i some times will do both, wet the medium with the 1 tab to 10 lt water and use the 1 tab to 1 lt for a quick stem dunk before sticking it in the medium.

I have been using it for about 3 years, it does work great!! I usually get lots of roots at 7 to 8 days. I buy it at OSH and yes it's only 5 bucks! Fuck buying clonex for 25.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You forgot to mention dip n grow is 1% I-3-A vs the HD stuff 0.1%,:biggrin: .
Seriously Krunch, have you tried dip n grow? Strong as hell, cheap as hell and a little goes a looooooong way.
LOVE the warehouse shot!
IMO Problem with dip n grow is it always goes bad on me. Fresh bottle works great, but after awhile it just stops working. I've tried keeping it in the fridge, dark basement cupboards etc... but it didn't seem to matter. I'm all about the rooting powders. Gonna give this one a shot.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
they are called Rhizopon AA tablets, 1 tablet can be dissolved in 10 lt of water and the water used to wet the medium for the clones, or 1 tablet in 1 lt if you want to dunk the stems. i some times will do both, wet the medium with the 1 tab to 10 lt water and use the 1 tab to 1 lt for a quick stem dunk before sticking it in the medium.

This sounds like something I should be droppin in my Ez cloners.

krunchbubble

Veteran

HOLY SHIT!! that is some strong stuff!!! 20% IBA!?!?

only place i can find that sells it, wont ship to Cali...fuckers

T

thesloppy

HOLY SHIT!! that is some strong stuff!!! 20% IBA!?!?

only place i can find that sells it, wont ship to Cali...fuckers

You can replicate the tablet's dosage for soaking the medium with a shitload of the Green Light (or any other .1& IBA formula), since they're the exact same, lone active ingredient.

Those tablets are 20% IBA in 250mg tablets, equalling 50mg per 10l of water. Green Light rooting hormone is .1% IBA, so you'd need to use 50,000 mg, or 50g (10tsp, assuming 5g per tsp) of Green Light to get 50mg of IBA per 10 liters of water, or 5g (1tsp) per 1 liter of water. I may give this a try next time I clone, rather than dipping, and see what happens.

krunchbubble

Veteran
first post of this thread, shows roots, using GreenLight powder, think this is around 8 days after shoving cuts into rockwool....