What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microwaving Cannabutter - quickest, easiest method

Galaxy420

I do this except with peanut butter/ almond butter and left over vaped goods( ABV) already been vaped...

natural nut butters in the containers are kept cold in fridge so I add a few tbls of it to a small glass container and microwave for 11 secs to get it warm.

then add 1 to 3 grams abv on top of warm nut butter then olive oil to soak up into dry abv and lecithin, lipid fat in lecithin will help boost a medible strength up to 50%! .

then microwave 11 secs and stir it all up. next I add raw honey and few chunks of dark chocolate and microwave another 11 secs.

a microwave can devastate cannabinoids quickly so to much time in there kills medical value completely, short bursts work only

Galaxy420

no way to edit above^^^^

after mixing concoction you can blend it into a smoothie with coconut, almond, soy milk etc... More lecithin! and a banana to get rid of any abv flavor. the honey and chocolate is enough to mask abv flavor for myself.

the more cleanly absorbed into fat ( olive oil, coconut oil, Butter, lecithin) you add to any medible the better absorption will be and adding the lipid boost of lecithin for a cannabinoid carrier maximizes effects.

Galaxy420

another non do able edit here??^^^^

anywho- because original starter material is abv ( non terpene) the terpenes have already been vape inhaled so adding them back into a medible via a few drops of essential oils like orange ( d- limonene) or lemongrass, black pepper, etc... will boost the main properties in the abv because of the precursor abilities of the carrier terpenes

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hello folks :tiphat:, by now a lot of you may have seen me around here. A few months ago I started a thread about how I could not get high from eating edibles. It turns out that I am not the only one. Since then I have tried and failed many a different way to get high by eating.

After years of trial and error, I have found a sound way to get high by eating. Which I have found to not only be more healthful than regular smoking, but the high seems to stay with me longer. Now, with smoking you hit a peak a couple minutes to fifteen minutes after you exhale (We all know this). With eating, I have found that a peak comes much later, and more gradually. I feel like eating offers a more steady high, and have come to prefer it over smoking. Although If I still want that instant high, I'll smoke.

(After smoking seven years, I am sick of hawking up black globs of resin, and cleaning sticky black shit out of clogged pipes and bongs... I hate hate hate tar!!! and throat irritations, eating is a great solution!! GREEAAT!

Why microwaving cannabutter is so good...

With microwaving, you can make very small batches at a time, and test it. Not to see if it works; I can already tell you it works well. But you can experiment to perfect the dose. This recipe for a single dose of cannabutter calls for about equal parts butter to weed: (Btw, I am nicely baked off a tablespoon of shake I just nuked)

1-2 tablespoons of finely ground trim. I use dry trim with a little trichs on it, and I have not tested using wet trim yet. If using male leaf, or veg leaf, consider taking a 2 tablespoon dose or more.

Be careful microwaving your butter!!!

1) The way I do it is like this: I finely ground the weed, extra fine with my kief catching 2" sharpstone grinder. I pound the kief out for smoking, and use the shake for food. Works good.

2) Now get a microwavable tea or coffee mug, and put the butter in it. Microwave that for 5-10 seconds to melt the butter. Then add in the finely ground cannabis. Stir the cannabis into the butter, good.

3) Then microwave this for 10-20 seconds depending on microwave. Since i use a super cheapo 800w microwave, I go for more like 20 seconds. Then I stir it, and then microwave it again for 10-20 seconds. You can let it cool, and then nuke it a third time, but twice should be enough. The weed should seem a little bit crispier, which I think means it has been decarboxylated and is ready to eat. Eat the shake + butter mixture, WITHOUT extracting the butter. I'm saying eat the weed too. It doesnt taste that good, but we are here to get high not complain about taste.

What I do is spoon a couple pieces of leftovers (in my case split pea soup) into the mug holding the cannabutter, and mix the food into the cannabutter. Warm it, then eat every bit of it. The cannabutter taste should be rich and strong. Remember I am an ultra high tolerance dude, and this works for me. It can work on anyone.

I will add pics to this tutorial someday. By all means tinker with, test, and experiment with this recipe.
Sir nugget.. if youre still out there... good stuff.:thank you: as a sneak up approach I, as you described above, used 3 teaspoons of coconut oil and one gram (you used a table spoon.. get back to it) nuked it in the coconut oil, on high, 800w MW, 20sec/20sec/20sec and made a watermelon/cantaloupe/honeydew & strawberry smoothie with it.. but 2 of us drank half each... half gram each.. baked.. but next time 3/4 gram per use.. this takes away some of the dosing problems I encounter with cookies not being consistent strength.. AND there was no bad taste at all.. just have to make enough smoothie to knock down the weed bad taste ratio.

and another plus is there is no weed puck left over..

EDIT: OTOH, if I take an ounce of bud and cook it up with 3 sticks of butter, 90 killer cookies can be made.. hummm..
the same 28 grams if done by this dosing method would produce 38 doses. I still like this method though...

antman1969

first time trying it

first time trying it

i just tried my first batch of microwaving cannabutter,i used 2 gms of cannabis and 2 tablespoons of sweet cream butter.just to be safe i nuked it 3 times at 25 seconds and after it cooled i drank it at 4:16pm est today 7-17-16. wish me luck,30yr smoker here so my tolerance is very high(no pun intended).how long before you started to feel it after drinking it?

Hello folks :tiphat:, by now a lot of you may have seen me around here. A few months ago I started a thread about how I could not get high from eating edibles. It turns out that I am not the only one. Since then I have tried and failed many a different way to get high by eating.

After years of trial and error, I have found a sound way to get high by eating. Which I have found to not only be more healthful than regular smoking, but the high seems to stay with me longer. Now, with smoking you hit a peak a couple minutes to fifteen minutes after you exhale (We all know this). With eating, I have found that a peak comes much later, and more gradually. I feel like eating offers a more steady high, and have come to prefer it over smoking. Although If I still want that instant high, I'll smoke.

(After smoking seven years, I am sick of hawking up black globs of resin, and cleaning sticky black shit out of clogged pipes and bongs... I hate hate hate tar!!! and throat irritations, eating is a great solution!! GREEAAT!

Why microwaving cannabutter is so good...

With microwaving, you can make very small batches at a time, and test it. Not to see if it works; I can already tell you it works well. But you can experiment to perfect the dose. This recipe for a single dose of cannabutter calls for about equal parts butter to weed: (Btw, I am nicely baked off a tablespoon of shake I just nuked)

1-2 tablespoons of finely ground trim. I use dry trim with a little trichs on it, and I have not tested using wet trim yet. If using male leaf, or veg leaf, consider taking a 2 tablespoon dose or more.

Be careful microwaving your butter!!!

1) The way I do it is like this: I finely ground the weed, extra fine with my kief catching 2" sharpstone grinder. I pound the kief out for smoking, and use the shake for food. Works good.

2) Now get a microwavable tea or coffee mug, and put the butter in it. Microwave that for 5-10 seconds to melt the butter. Then add in the finely ground cannabis. Stir the cannabis into the butter, good.

3) Then microwave this for 10-20 seconds depending on microwave. Since i use a super cheapo 800w microwave, I go for more like 20 seconds. Then I stir it, and then microwave it again for 10-20 seconds. You can let it cool, and then nuke it a third time, but twice should be enough. The weed should seem a little bit crispier, which I think means it has been decarboxylated and is ready to eat. Eat the shake + butter mixture, WITHOUT extracting the butter. I'm saying eat the weed too. It doesnt taste that good, but we are here to get high not complain about taste.

What I do is spoon a couple pieces of leftovers (in my case split pea soup) into the mug holding the cannabutter, and mix the food into the cannabutter. Warm it, then eat every bit of it. The cannabutter taste should be rich and strong. Remember I am an ultra high tolerance dude, and this works for me. It can work on anyone.

I will add pics to this tutorial someday. By all means tinker with, test, and experiment with this recipe.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Antman: It's now 7:00 am on the 18th of July.. the next day! Guessing you slept well.:laughing:

antman1969

actually,no lol i didnt go to bed until after 1am est and i woke up at 7:30 am est lol so it was a bust,gotta try again

angelgoob

I'll do this right now within 5 minutes of seeing it. I'll be using abv or already been vaped.

----
Nuked butter.

Added abv. Nuked it again. Now I'm waiting 5 minutes, then nuking again.

---

Nuked it again, added brownie powder, set in fridge.

Strong scent of vaped bud in the budder, now turned chocolate.

----

It worked. I have high tolerance. This was like smoking half a j, baked feeling felt for 4 hours.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
go ahead use the nuclear powered microwave to shrink your huevos, brain and give you man tits! Just use a pot, boil water, add butter, add pot, strain with clean t-shirt or cheese cloth, place in fridge, wait 30 minutes, remove butter chunks, dry with towel, place in smaller jar or container and you're done.

Microwaves are very dangerous and the most unhealthy form of cooking unless you count frying some eggs over at chernobyl....

hey!!!hey!!!hey!!!

angelgoob

losttribe. that is what I am going to do next time to see if it influences strength. I will be baked...I mean baking stuff to decarboxylate it.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I goggled Microwave Cannabutter..

I goggled Microwave Cannabutter..

losttribe. that is what I am going to do next time to see if it influences strength. I will be baked...I mean baking stuff to decarboxylate it.

I won't do it but there are many hits that says it works.

Google it :party: Peace

Gry

not bad if you go with a small amount - nothing at all like my kitchen.

Have to agree with those that feel that microwaves and cannabis are not a great mix.