What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Kindness makes lollipops/hard candy

You can replace the corn syrup with agave, but it doesn't really change the sugar profile that much if you're just replacing the corn syrup, and you will end up with a slightly more flexible candy with agave unless you increase the temps to 320F, but then taste gets effeted.

You remove the sugars from the heat before adding the iso and flavoring b/c when you cook them longer it just makes it bitter, which is what it sounds like what you're experiencing. You should steam (water cure) your trim if you are using ISO QWISO for edibles, and you need to use slightly more. I have found using ISO made with everclear and fresh buds just dunked in the everclear for less than 30 seconds then boil off the alcohol makes fr the cleanest and tastiest candies if you don't have a butane extractor.

Budbaby- the amount of BHO to sugars I use in this recipe are for 24 SMALL lollipops, most users h ave found 1/2 a lollipop a good stony dose, otherwise they can fall asleep, depending on you tolerance and the material you use. I made this recipe b/c I don't want to eat that much sugar to get a good dose. You can increase the amount of bho to the recipe so you eat less, that works also and use a smaller candy mold.

Nickog

I made a new batchof ISO yesterday with steamed trim. I hop to get rid of the bitterness which is soooo bad!

DK, do you think there is a difference in the "taste" if the ISO is evaporated by air vs. adding low heat, such as the base of a coffee pot? (not sure what the temp is) I didn't realize that the cooking would make it taste bad!

Nickog

Success! I took old trim, steamed it till warm and moist, placed it in large glass jar, kept it open till the steam dissappeared off the inside of the glass, closed it and froze it. I froze the ISO as well. I did a 20 sec shake and dried it by air till it was too stuck to the dish to get off. Then I added 96% vodka to loosen it up. When it got to a sticky consistancy, I scraped it up and placed it on a plate sprayed with PAM.
Now, I made the sugar-water-syrup mixture and waited till it reached 303 degrees, turned off the heat and added the flavor and 1 gm of the QWISO.
It tastes great! No bitterness! I'm excited!

Nic- I'm happy this worked for you! Now you know why it is important to follow directions, especially when candy making and baking.

I'm trying to get motivated to steam some trim to make cannabutter, as I dialed in a super tasty, super potent Fleur de sel caramels that are just to die for, which can also be made unmedicated. So far for the Fleur de sel caramels I've made so far, the cannabutter I used was very strong and pungent, and was well hidden in the caramel recipe, so I wanted to see if there would be a greater difference if I made it using water cured buds (the cannabutter), I am also going to dip some pieces of the caramel in a dark chocolate ganache and garnish with Fleur de sel salts, so if you thought the lollipops rocked, the caramels will blow your socks off. I ate almost an entire pan by myself... I'm so ashamed.... keep telling myself it was quality control and these just weren't up to standards...

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Completely and totally awesome thread & info! Tagged for future reference. :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi ya'll!

I make lollypops using a hard candy recipe, but replacing the corn syrup with honey, which is a cannabis menstruum.

Here is the recipe:

Lollypop, lollypop, lol lolly lollipop………….!

A patient friend had jaw pain and coveted a lozenge, so I came up with the following lollipops, which not only did the patient fall in love with, but in field testing, it developed a strong popular following for both it’s medicinal effect, and its tasty method of ingestion.

Please note that candy making is hazardous because of the extreme 300F temperature of the mixture and its propensity to spatter in the presence of moisture and the way it sticks to the skin while burning. Wear long sleeve clothes and eye protection while using this recipe.

Note that both the cinnamon oil and the hot chili oil will burn both the skin and eyes, as well as create respiratory and sinus distress if its hot vapors are inhaled in quantity. Mix under a well ventilated hood and wash your hands after handling.

The oil bath will also react violently with water at 375F, so make sure that the vessels that you place in them are dry and keep other sources of water away from it.

Cinnamon Cannapops

1 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup honey
3/8 Cup water
½ Dram Loranne Oils Cinnamon candy oil concentrate
½ Teaspoon Loranne Hot Chili favor booster (optional to make hotter)
½ Dram BHO cannabis oil concentrate
. Powdered sugar as needed

Start by extracting the cannabis oil from trim using BHO techniques. Collect raw extract and re-dissolve in 190 proof ethanol.

Place ethanol/raw cannabis oil mixture in 230F oil bath and add three to four drops of water. Boil while swirling jar, until bubbling ceases.

You can skip this step if you have well purged oil decarboxylated oil, but this step assists in eliminating any residual PET ether, with attendant flavor and decarboxylates the oil to make it orally active.

Add Cinnamon oil (and hot chili oil) and stir until mixed. Set aside.

Mix the sugar, honey, and water in a pot and place in an oil bath at 375F. Mix well while beginning warming and then cease stirring until the mixture reaches 300F.

Remove from oil bath and allow to cool until it reaches ~230F. Add cannabis cinnamon oil mixture and stir until mixed. Do not inhale the fumes that come off during mixing and avoid eye contact with the fumes.

Spoon mixture into prepared lollypop molds, or pour onto cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with Pam.

Score material in pan in ¼ grid pattern with a Pam lubricated knife as it cools.

Allow to cool until semi rigid, and then remove lollypops from the mold and coat them and the sheet lightly with powdered sugar to eliminate stickiness.

Titrate to determine dosage using ¼” scored squares.

Bon appetite! Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort………….

GW

PS: The patient and Jolly Roger fan requesting the “hot” cinnamon Cannapops, reports that the ½ teaspoon chili oil booster was about perfect for her and I liked it as well.

In her own words, “It gave me a speech impediment from a cleft pallet, but as soon as it quits burning, I can’t keep from sticking it back in her mouth again.”

My own reaction too!

GW

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What oil(s) are you using for an oil bath?

What are you using for the oil bath? something with a temp dial? a heating pad and thermometer?

cheecha07

about to try my first run has some questions before i feel confident enough. I've made candies before so my main concern is the Iso. Do you use Oil to keep the candy texture, or a shiny black ball? every Iso I've done turns out shiny,however I'm sure i can find a way to make it into oil. atleast one poster used oil which seemeed to work well, also, all of my trim is dry and bud is relatively dry also. Should i remoisten them before making iso, I would prefer if I extracted Iso and it had no taste.

about to try my first run has some questions before i feel confident enough. I've made candies before so my main concern is the Iso. Do you use Oil to keep the candy texture, or a shiny black ball? every Iso I've done turns out shiny,however I'm sure i can find a way to make it into oil. atleast one poster used oil which seemeed to work well, also, all of my trim is dry and bud is relatively dry also. Should i remoisten them before making iso, I would prefer if I extracted Iso and it had no taste.

You're probably gonna want to steam or water cure your trim. Go back a page or 2 in this thread and you will see where Nic said he steamed his trim to fix the taste of the end product.

I'm going to make some BHO this weekend and try these candies out. I am suuuuper excited, I will report back with results.
-
TB4U

cheecha07

You're probably gonna want to steam or water cure your trim. Go back a page or 2 in this thread and you will see where Nic said he steamed his trim to fix the taste of the end product.

I'm going to make some BHO this weekend and try these candies out. I am suuuuper excited, I will report back with results.
-
TB4U

Did my first batch with orange flavoring and it turned out pretty good tasting although the buds were slightly on the dry side, I used qwiso hash altho didn't weigh it. goin to up the dose about 2x with strawberry flavoring and see if they can knock me out. Also, will reread threw this again and report back with results prolly later tonightr.

GanjaPharma

DK awesome read! i skip the lollipop part myself and just pour dollops onto a cold slab.
also i like to use 2 grams of amber/shatter....but have been told i make em too strong.
i think .6g is spot on for mere mortals.

thanks for the clear and simple instructions, a few years back you could've saved me some real grief!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What oil(s) are you using for an oil bath?

What are you using for the oil bath? something with a temp dial? a heating pad and thermometer?

I use a Quisinart fondue pot with canola oil in it. It is made for making sensitive sauces, and has excellent temperature controls.

Attachments

• Oil bath.jpg
    Oil bath.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 26

63or63

Excellent recipe. Followed the instructions and had some fun with my first batch of hard candies. Used some iso oil. About 2 grams worth end ended up with a nice bag worth of goodies! Cant wait to try some more flavors, lemon got the first run and turned out very palatable. First lolipop was great to work up an appitite before dinner, the second after dinner treat has plesantly relaxed for the evening, just what the doctor ordered. I can't wait to try some other flavors but the next trip to the kitchen will be for a a nice buttery crossiant.

Great straight forward thread. It has got me efficiently medicated.

Latest posts

Latest posts