What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

making cannabutter.. what's your ratio?

darthvapor

would the butter come out cleaner and tastier if you ran your cannabis in bubblebags first? what size bag would make the best butter. how much bubble hash would you use to the amount of butter?

GReen dreAM

Veteran
I see a lot of people here boil their butter for hours. I used to do it that way too, but then I tried 30 minutes and I don't notice any difference. I have been boiling for only 30 minutes ever since. I plan to try 15 minutes to see if that is just as good.

The main problem with the extra long cooking time is that it keeps the house stinky longer. Make no mistake, this stuff is very stinky. That means keeping the windows open for a long time and no air conditioning. That can be a problem in the summer.

I agree with you, its taking me around 45 mins, < 150g of trim and popcorn buds to 6 sticks of butter>

PS..tomorow im doing some ginger-canna cookies !!