What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Pink hermie....(second gen seeds)

KokoKush

So I popped 4 Sweet Pink (Pink Champagne x DJ Short Blueberry) and out of 4 I got 1 female. Everything was going great until it became a banana tree.... 2-3 weeks from harvest and every cola had 3-4 bananas sticking out of the buds... No light leakage but it did receive a light shock a few weeks back from a calcium deficiency/lockout. The problem was resolved and growth continued until pollen sacks... Time and work wasted.. :frown:

Chappi

Blue line is sensitive to issues, bananas are probably sterile but 3-4 bananas at the end of flower is not a hermie issue. You did stress the plant so...that’s just what happens with some strains. Don’t try growing cookies or chem crosses.

KokoKush

Sorry if I didn't clarify but there are more than 6 main colas and each has at least 3-4 bananas. More than just a few male flowers... I found a couple seeds near one of flowers but the rest seemed immature.. I've heard the blueberry crosses can be sensitive but geez..

Oregonism

Hermaphrodite or something else?

Attachments

• to breed - Copy.jpg
    to breed - Copy.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20

Chappi

Sorry if I didn't clarify but there are more than 6 main colas and each has at least 3-4 bananas. More than just a few male flowers... I found a couple seeds near one of flowers but the rest seemed immature.. I've heard the blueberry crosses can be sensitive but geez..

We all have a different level of tolerance for intersex traits.

I’m interested on what you think of the flowers tho? Bananas aside what do you think of the strain? Some of the best flower in the world does exactly what you just complained about.
Got pics?

KokoKush

It definitely lives up to its name. The smell is so sickly sweet it's like diving into pure nectar, no pink color yet. It is a medium producer and has a great structure. I can't give a full rating until I give some a smoke. But the chance of unwanted pollination is enough of an incentive to stop growing it. I'm growing to breed specific traits and I would like to pass down seeds without a high chance of showing male sex. I'll try to get some more pictures up later.

Attachments

• 20190619_160402.jpg
    20190619_160402.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts