What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seeking MY holly grail:she was purple

goldmund

hi to all, here is a litle story :
about 20 years ago ,i was still a kid and had recently discovered the joy of cannabis,starting to smoke any outdoor every weed or hash me and my riends could find ...then starting to grow
one glory day a friend came at my home with some weed he had from a friend of his mother:
WOW that was fire !! luckyly ther were some bag seeds i grew and started to share with friends .anyone who tasted it immediatlty felt in love with that strain.
we where so young we barrely eard of purple strains but deffinitely SHE was one ,almost black .
well i'll try to describe :she was grown outdoor only

SHE WAS QUITE SMALL, INDICA SHAPED LITLE ROUND BUDS NOT VERRY DENSE. LEAVES WHERE NOT FAT LIKE PURE INDICAS ( all the plantS we grew turned purple) AND DEFINITELY THE BEST TASTING AND SMELLING WEED I'TASTE.WHEN DRIED ,ANYBODY IN THE HOUSE KNEW THERE WAS AN OPEN JAR, A BIT CAT PISSY, SOUR BERRIES .WHEN YOU CRUSH A BUD THAT WAS AN EXPLOSION OF BERRIES/ CHERRY HASH SCENT VERRY STRONG SMELL AND TH TASTE WAS THE SAME ...YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO DESCRIBE A TASTE...IT WAS NOT SUBTILE LIKE WE CAN READ HERE AN THERE ABOUT THE "NEW BEST STRAIN BLABLABLA" it was strong and awesome.THE HIGH WAS VERRY EUPHORIC ENERGETIC TALKATIVE MOUTH WATERING BUT AFTER SOME JOINTS OR BONGS QUITE COUCH LOCK .

sadly we didn't measured the rarity of that gem and thought there where many strains of equal quality to discover ...
and finally we lose her.
20 years later people i knew back are still in love with that strain. we all grew since dozen of strains, some were good for sure but definitely not this tasty and " magical" .

i'm not sayin that was black african magic but she really looked like this
https://www.newsweed.fr/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/black-african-magic.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/20/64/8720643574da12b387dc0e0a732041a8.jpg
https://www.*********.com/community/attachments/black3-jpg.179496/

i am french

SO IF THIS RING ANYBODY'S BELLS ...

thx for reading

GOLDMUND

Ronni

my bet is not one can help you. it's to uncertain what you where growing but check out peyote purple from cannabiogen. heard its nice frosty weed, not too strong, with a nice buzz and purple to black in colour. definitley a favourite of many people. good luck with your search

edit: or you could check out Nepali from Blue Hemp (available at cannapot.com). Though it's a landrace strain and from what i read it doesn't have the refined high the peyote purple has. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=326079&page=395

goldmund

thx ronni ,i grew and am still growing peyote purple, i't a good bet in fact this is with the ak 47(wich i believe is the famous cherry pheno) the nearest i stumble on.

goldmund

thx ronni ,i grew and am still growing peyote purple, i't a good bet in fact this is with the ak 47(wich i believe is the famous cherry pheno) the nearest i stumble on.

here is my peyote

Attachments

• DSC01152.jpg
    DSC01152.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 22
a famous purple we have here in the states is purple urkle
deep purple from tga seeds is 75% purple urkle
you could try those and see if you like it

goldmund

thanks for your answers, i'm currently growing querkle ,it's great but far from "it". is there really a purple cat piss strain? i thing the one i'm looking for was an old school grown for years in my area and well acclimated

KokoKush

Its gonna be almost impossible. The best you can do are grow strains with those traits and use smell and taste to narrow it down. You might get lucky and find something similar but to find the same thing is almost impossible.

Nico Farmer

Hi,
if you were in France 20 years ago, it was maybe some african or thaï imports.

Another possibility is mexican weed but a bit rare in early 2000s.

lizzy3

here is my peyote

ran a bunch of pp that came out just like that.
also had an accident in my room where pp got crossed with kens kush, got more then 500 seeds from it that come out as really nice purple kush crosses. super pretty but lacking in effect.

no one is gona be able to id a strain from something like this, plus so much of this i think is time and place and time and place in your life. the first time you get real fire is way different then after you been smoking fire for 20 years. lol

goldmund

ran a bunch of pp that came out just like that.
also had an accident in my room where pp got crossed with kens kush, got more then 500 seeds from it that come out as really nice purple kush crosses. super pretty but lacking in effect.

no one is gona be able to id a strain from something like this, plus so much of this i think is time and place and time and place in your life. the first time you get real fire is way different then after you been smoking fire for 20 years. lol

thx but i'm not asking the exact name of what i smoked ,just wanted to know if anybody ever had something quite similar. as nico farmer it could be african or thai import which would be easier to identify

and i don't agree with the fact that all of it is because it was the first fire strain i found ( which it is ) but i know at least 20 persons that felt the same as me, young and older experienced tokers at this time and still do...

Cvh

Supermod
Maybe Duban Poison? Durban was definitely around here in Europe 20yrs ago.

Here is a picture from the Dutch Passion Durban Poison (not my pic):

Durban-Poison-Dutch-Passion.jpg

Btw: PP (Power Plant) also orginates from Durban (South-Africa). But it not the same as Durban Poison. Both are very different.

goldmund

thanks cvh but i don't think durban poison fits the description ... despite having heard a lot of good thingS about it ,i never grew DP;

therevverend

Veteran
I had a Hawaiian purple mostly Indica strain that looked very similar in the 90s. Leaves would turn so purple they'd look black, orange hairs, resin was a bit greenish. The smell was amazing, Hawaiian punch. Flowered in 7-8 weeks. Low yield, slow growing plant but the best of the best. I miss it and haven't found anything that comes close.

The seeds came to me at Scenic Hot Springs in the Cascades. Soaking in the water there was a guy I shared my beers and joints with. He wanted to get me back so he gave me 3 little fucked up seeds. One was a scraggy little male, one didn't sprout, one was the Hawaiian. Called it that because the guy came from Hawaii, was on his way to BC. Wish I'd bred with that male, wish I still had the strain.

Drewsif

I miss it and haven't found anything that comes close.
***He wanted to get me back so he gave me 3 little fucked up seeds. *** Wish I'd bred with that male, wish I still had the strain.

Its almost like somethings missing from the hundred dollar 10 packs and hyped cookie cake pie cuts of todays internet grow scene.. Heart, perhaps.

But nah.. Thats too magical of an idea.. Purp is now a color, not a flavor, effect or an experience. The magic is gone.

goldmund

I had a Hawaiian purple mostly Indica strain that looked very similar in the 90s. Leaves would turn so purple they'd look black, orange hairs, resin was a bit greenish. The smell was amazing, Hawaiian punch. Flowered in 7-8 weeks. Low yield, slow growing plant but the best of the best. I miss it and haven't found anything that comes close.

The seeds came to me at Scenic Hot Springs in the Cascades. Soaking in the water there was a guy I shared my beers and joints with. He wanted to get me back so he gave me 3 little fucked up seeds. One was a scraggy little male, one didn't sprout, one was the Hawaiian. Called it that because the guy came from Hawaii, was on his way to BC. Wish I'd bred with that male, wish I still had the strain.

sounds interesting ,that's the kind of thing i'm talking about...

Latest posts

Latest posts