What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed Room, Gavitas Deficiencies

Set up this sealed room and im running into issues in coco I have not see to get pass. Leafs seem to be folding in the middle. Looks like a mag def, but I have made sure my run off is on point and adding mag dosent help. They recently started drooping.
mQg4p88l.jpg

nVpX1zMl.jpg

fMUYVbwl.jpg

eQGJd4fl.jpg

N

noyd666

google this up mate it might help,= cannabis nutrient and deficiency table. others there ,luck.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look overwatered and either deficient or overfed and locked out
just a glance and a guess

I would agree, but they are in coco and have roots poping out the bottom so they are fully rooted. Im pretty sure you cant overwater coco at that state. They dont seem to be drinking that much tho

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would agree, but they are in coco and have roots poping out the bottom so they are fully rooted. Im pretty sure you cant overwater coco at that state. They dont seem to be drinking that much tho

if you are watering too much too often, i thinkyou can over water....

budbasket

I agree with Avinash, check if your pots are heavy and wet or dry. Make sure they dry out decently between waterings... I ran into a similar problem when I had to switch from Coco to a peat based mix.

I have fed coco everyday my whole growing career. Never had an issue. I dont think the issue is overwatering but to be sure Ill let one of the plants dry out and see if it fixs

rykus

i'd second on the not drinking optimaly either because of the stated overwatering, or the roots are a bit cold....

also learned recently that magnesium excess can cause a medium to retain extra water and drown roots...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are you running co2? if so are you using burners? if so are you venting via exhaust once daily?

temps? looks like it could be cold in there?

have you inspected the root zone for root aphids or something like that?

Are you using a co2 burner? Something is wrong with your room

Underscore, you mentioned that it was a sealed room. Likely there is a Co2 deficiency and that is a serious problem. You need to be around 800 ppms and above for healthy and excellent performance. 1300 is optimal but not required for excellent results.

I think Carson hit the nail on the head, looks like a C02 issue.

All you really need is a decent size gas pilot that's lit 24/7 to get it above 800 ppm and in a 10x10 room it will range between 800 and 1300 ppms. Or get a gas co2 generator.

btw, its hard to over water a plant in coco coir, I doubt that is the issue. Most time you have to pay attention to coco coir to insure it never dries out, you want to keep the coco coir media heavy.

RedBeardy5

It almost looks like something is off-gassing. I had a off-gassing problem when I was running sealed before. As soon as it was fixed they sprinted back up. Is the flame in your burner blue?

RedBeardy5

I went back and looked at your pics and you can see there is a strong magnesium deficiency going on. The purple stems and yellowing between the veins is a dead giveaway. Root aphids can cause a mag deficiency as well as anything off-gassing

ok FOR C02 IM USING A C02 TANK AND A CONTROLLER. C02 AT 800 WOULD BE NICE, BUT ATMOSPHERE IS 400 AND MY PLANTS SHOULD BE FINE WITH THAT. eVEN WHEN THE ROOM WAS AT 800PPM STILL HAD THE ISSUE. MAYBE ROOT BUGS, BUT i HAVE LOOKED AND CANT SEE ANYTHING MOVING AND MY ROOTS ARE NICE AND WHITE. IF I HAD APHIDS IM SURE BY THIS TIME I WOULD OF SEEN FLYERS. MAYBE SOMETHING OFFGASSING. HOW WOULD I KNOW? ONLESS THE RMAX INSULATION IS OFFGASSING SOMETHING, BUT I DOUBT IT. THE ROOM DOES NOT GET VENTED OR EXHAUSTED. IT IS A SEALED ROOM. SEALED ROOMS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT NEED TO BE VENTED. I HAVE SEEN MANY SEALED ROOMS WITH NO EXHAUST OR INTAKE THRIVE.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flush with some gypsum and then let things dry out a bit. Only apply small quantities of water to the top of the medium after the gypsum flush. Small quantities of water. You are over watering big time.

Realize that water sources can change over time. Many folk have bicarbonates in their water. This is a time bomb. As is sodium.

All those droopy leaves means over watering.

If the room is cold, your evaporation from the leaves is minimum. Very easy to go to far with the water.

redlaser

Veteran
The plants look like they are unable to go through water and need to dry out some. That along with too much or too little of at least one macro or micro nutrient, possibly caused by a ph issue.
I would have your water tested if you haven't already, might find an answer there. Some of the leaves have beginnings of chlorotic margins, which could be related to the water or the above possibilities.
I never used to get water tests until recently, lost several months trying other fixes for what turned out to be 480ppm chloride in well water.

What are your room/ soil temps? cold temps and excess water alone would do most of your issues.

At night the room runs between 69-72 and during day its 75-82.
I am now really worried about the water. How do I test it and what do I look for?
I am using a tall boy sediment and chlorine filter, but ive been wondering if I just need r.o water. They seem to have gotten better since yesterday. How do I check soil temps?

Latest posts

Latest posts