What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Large scale ethanol recovery recommendations

Old Gold

Haven't seen one run in-persin but that SprayVap by Colorado Extraction looks pretty dandy. I've seen older schematics for similar nltrogen-spray evaporations. I would love to try it, creates a ridiculously thin film along with warm nitrogen stream.

deadkndys

Attachments

• DSC_0034-1.jpg
    DSC_0034-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8

NWxSk1LLZ

Just curious .......... at the end of all of that, you are still left with a product that needs final ethanol purging correct? What's the preferred method to get the final bit of ethanol out of a concentrate that will allow it to pass testing regs?

my thoughts exactly..

deadkndys

That whole extractor system I posted can process 200 lbs in a day.

But for its $90k price tag I think it's almost worth it lol.

deadkndys

Just curious .......... at the end of all of that, you are still left with a product that needs final ethanol purging correct? What's the preferred method to get the final bit of ethanol out of a concentrate that will allow it to pass testing regs?
I'm pretty sure they mentioned using vac ovens to get any residual solvent(s) out.

I'm looking at the sprayvap as well, looks like a pretty good system for the price. The whole system including the reaction vessel is 90k but the sprayvap alone is around 60k I think.

The sprayvap or the rotovap can remove pretty much all of the ethanol it just takes longer. In my case, I plan on removing any residual ethanol in a first pass through a wiped film short path molecular still.