What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phe Tests Girl Scout Cookies x OG Chem - CSG

The Pheonix

welcome to anyone popping by.....

well it looks like i'm first up.....

been gifted the chance to do a test grow for Connoisseur Genetics, thanks OJD i hope i can do the job for you ;)

GSC X OG CHEM x10

so here's the beans and the genetics we have been waiting for

just got a few thing to put into place and we will be off.

beans will hit the water around tuesday :woohoo:

i have grown out a few of ojd's strains so i know this could get messy.

peace :tiphat:

BUD SHOTS START PAGE 7

THINGS START HOTTING UP AT THE END OF 13

THINGS START FINISHING UP ON 16/17

Grow plan

Fertilization strategy - Full Canna Range, no additional boosters planned......yet

introduced canna boost for the flowering stage and also half doses of molasses

Germination - paper towel method
propagation - GT plugs in heated prop
Medium - Coco
Veg - 4 weeks in 6" pots under 125 w cool
Veg - 4 weeks in 12 litre rhizo's 250 w HPS GROLUX i also combined the 125 w cool into this period for extra veg power
Flower - 9-11 weeks 600 w HPS SUNMASTER

Ph will range due to the growing conditions between 5.8 - 6.1

lets do this!

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice choice, definitely one I would have gone for.

Good luck, looking forward to the show!

Peace

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Sounds good brother! I received a few OG Chem hybrids in the mix of seeds OJD sent me, can't wait to see what you do with them! Good luck bud! I'm tuning in!

The Pheonix

Thanks for popping in for a :peek: guys its nice there is a bit of interest.... :)

lets hope this goes to plan....

10 seeds hit the water ten mins ago and they have gone somewhere warmish to begin what i hope to be a charmed life :)

a new nursery just for them is en route.

let the biological clock start ticking ;)

peace guys. :tiphat:

The Pheonix

Test report Start

Test report Start

Here we go>>>

we are under 125w cool lighting
GT Plugs
gentle under prop heating
V/low feed
PH 5.8-5.9

10 went in

all 10 cracked but 2 did'nt make it (split at side not the middle)and 1 looks to be struggling but time is on its side... i put the other bonus bean in just to try and make it up.

the roots are already starting show at the bottom of the plugs so i will get the pots primed tonight for tomorrow.

i can work with 7 and if the law of averages sides with me ill be cockahoop ;) but its still early days

updates weekly from here on in...

peace guys :tiphat:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Tagged along for the ride on this one!

When you put the beans in the rapid rooters, do you just drop them in after germing them? I am interested in how they progress in the plugs. I usually germ in a cup of water, then sow them into a solo cup with a mixture of coco with a little miracle grow seed starting mix. Within a couple days they are usually up.

The Pheonix

thanks Jaded1... i hope your prediction rings true ;)

hey bobbo... i let the seed crack in the paper towel over 24-48 then just pop the tail in when its a cm or so and within 24 the root has took hold and the seedling is stretching for the light.

i start with fresh coco and cubes every time so this way just helps me control exactly what the seedling gets in terms of nutrients and heat. all the taps are showing today so i like to get them into the pots before they get damaged.

my germ rate is the best this way through trial and error, it stems from my time in NFT and rockwool. i tried using rockwool cubes in coco but stopped as they dry too quickly.

great to see you in Bobbo :)

The Pheonix

no problem Bobbo... its always nice to try new things, i'm quite sure the method i use is by far the best its just what i feel comfortable with ;)

so here we are coming to the end of the first week and i can start getting to grips with these young ones.

had a few flies this week thought they could bed down in the cookies pad....... Not this time i'm affraid, bug patrol has been at an all time high and no sign for 24 hrs :biggrin:

just the 2 mortalities for now. :)

Peace

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ahh... signs of life bless :D .. mine been taking a bath last 12 hours... about to put them to bed ... heres hopin' :D

The Pheonix

ahh... signs of life bless :D .. mine been taking a bath last 12 hours... about to put them to bed ... heres hopin' :D

i always get the jitters when i'm doing seeds i'm always terribly nervous for a few days :) cant wait for the thread J ;)

Looking good brotha'! Can't wait guy!

me too Bobbo

been checking the resin in your GSC X OGS1 test thread.
i think it was pheno 3 blew me away. It gives me high hopes for these ;)

Peace Bro

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks, about to chop my last #3 OGs1xGSC in about a week. Waiting on the seeds the first 3-4 weeks is always a slow process haha

B

bigganjabud

I'm in sorry I took a while the que at the off licence was fuckin huge must be giro day!!

Any who I'm here now so budge over please and can matey in the front row please duck down a little bit cos I can't see and I'm on my tippy-toes

Golden Tree

Good luck TP....looking good....can't wait to follow this one....

Keep up the good work as always...;)

Respects

GT