What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Light Distribution (charts)

Gimme

On this very informative thread the guys took the time to test different reflectors with light meters to see how evenly they distributed the light.

My light meter is on the way, but I just wanted to know if someone has done (or found) some tests done with vertical lights.

This diagram is clearly flawed:

picture.php

It assumes that a single bulb can light an 8ft high room (in the circular) and also assumes that the light coming from the bottom of the lamp is not useless as many claim (in the stadium).

I'm willing to do the tests but was wondering how I could do the charts in Excell to show the work.

Thanks.

ibjamming

Veteran
Well it also assumed that the single bulb would light an entire 8X8 floor... So, it's all relative, drop all the coverage numbers accordingly.

I'll be doing my first VSCROG this grow...I've got an area about 6X6 to play with. I figure a "fence" at 3 feet in diameter, 18" from the light, with plants trained all around. I was going to LST them all in a giant spiral following the fence. With a 400W in the center about 3 feet off the ground.

hilbie

im starting a 150hps vertical circular grow right now, im shooting for 200 grams, will have to wait n see- but plenty of people running theese horizontal are only pulling around 60-90 grams so i may be able to get there i may not.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I am simply going to grow trees in my vertical cabs

Less plants, more height and a bit more veg to make it happen.

I want TREES!!!!!!

I thought about the coli setup but in the end I would rather have less plants around the lights and simply add more vert cabs versus cramming more plants around a single cab light setup.

Helium3

This diagram is clearly flawed:

picture.php

It assumes that a single bulb can light an 8ft high room (in the circular) and also assumes that the light coming from the bottom of the lamp is not useless as many claim (in the stadium).

I'm willing to do the tests but was wondering how I could do the charts in Excell to show the work.

Thanks.

It does not assume anything about single bulb or lightning in general. It only describes how large canopy area (square feet) one can fit in a given space (8x8x8 ft) with different arrangements (flat, stadium, circular).

:coffee:

Cmoon

It does not assume anything about single bulb or lightning in general. It only describes how large canopy area (square feet) one can fit in a given space (8x8x8 ft) with different arrangements (flat, stadium, circular).

:coffee:

spot on:dance013: