What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best value for money, high powered LED lights for the U.K.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I'm looking to cover a 2.4mtr square space with LED lighting.
I was checking out the Spider Farmer lights.
Anybody got any other better suggestions for lights easily available in the U.K?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I like what i see on my first run under mars tsl2000. Also have some kingbrite 240w qb waiting to try. Think kingbrite via alibaba is cheaper. Dev cheaper if u are into diy. But the product range could be a little overwhelming with kingbrite.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I would certainly be looking at KB as a supplier. Multiples of there 240w offerings most likely. Maybe 1200w but would buy at least 1500w so as not to run it flat out. The actual arrangement is very much dependent on the shape of your 2.4

lovelightpower

Veteran
I would certainly be looking at KB as a supplier. Multiples of there 240w offerings most likely. Maybe 1200w but would buy at least 1500w so as not to run it flat out. The actual arrangement is very much dependent on the shape of your 2.4

It's 2.4 metre squared, in a square formation.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm guessing you will say yes.
Faced with a fixed 2.4 x 2.4 space, I like to put a 0.4 alleyway up the middle. Then build a pair of 2.4x1 systems each side. that 1 meter is as far as people can reach without falling in. These 2.4 x 1 systems are adequately lit by 5 of the 240w units side by side. You can see such a thing in my pics... I will find one

That's actually 6 units, but we thought 5 would of been ample as we never turned them up. They do bake though turned right up. I wouldn't be happy.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm certainly not saying there are non better, or non cheaper, but I'm genuinely loving my mars units.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I'm guessing you will say yes.
Faced with a fixed 2.4 x 2.4 space, I like to put a 0.4 alleyway up the middle. Then build a pair of 2.4x1 systems each side. that 1 meter is as far as people can reach without falling in. These 2.4 x 1 systems are adequately lit by 5 of the 240w units side by side. You can see such a thing in my pics... I will find one
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78998&pictureid=1968833&thumb=0]View Image[/url]

That's actually 6 units, but we thought 5 would of been ample as we never turned them up. They do bake though turned right up. I wouldn't be happy.

I must say, those plants on the LED side do look adequately lit.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I'm certainly not saying there are non better, or non cheaper, but I'm genuinely loving my mars units.

I'm just put off a tad by people taking about poor customer service. But I suppose if they work without problem, you wouldn't need it.

Koondense

Veteran
Wait so the area is 2,4x2,4m? Total area 5,7m square? You will need around 2-2,5kW of lights or a bit less if you will split the area for easy access.

Cheers