What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Kush" bagseed grow

GDB

I just got back from a wonderful vacation to the PNW and was able to sample some serious buds from WA and OR. Check out this little sample from Olympia.

We had a bunch of family things to attend on this trip so it was almost impossible to see everyone and everything we wanted. It was really cool being around all the like minded individuals from back home and thanks to the pigs for not messing with us once!

On the growing side of things since I was gone for over a week this meant plenty of watering a few days before and turning down all the lights (replacing HIDs with flos etc.) Just because you are out of town doesn't mean things can't keeping moving along, albeit a much slower pace.

Below is the JM-1, this little girl started auto-flowering and won't quit! Once a nice bud site forms I chop the top and some roots and repot. She keeps growing back nice buds every time. I'm definitely going to cross this with another potent Indica male for fun (no AF genes in my collection except this girl).

Here's the latest of the KUSH mom - we've put her in the flower room and are waiting patiently to see the final results. The difference in color/greenness is the fact she had lower nutrients for a week and lower wattage light, this will go away in a few days.

And the trademark leaf - gotta love kush!

Here are two new girls in the collection (AA8 and AA13) these lovely beauties are part of a longer-term stabilization project.

AA8

AA13

Just to show some contrast in color and style check out this TD1 leaf a special haze variety that was gifted by a friend - thanks t!

See you guys later! :wave:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I like those shiny leaves on the AF strain, and the kush ones, very nice stuff.

GDB

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, I appreciate the support.

So here we have the lucky father for crossing with some of my beauties. I'll be glad to get this Kush into a seed-line and will alternate with a new male next time for variation. This specific plant has an amazing hash smell and finishes very quickly.

Mr.Kade

Nice plants man.
and nice recovery with the sick ones at the start of the thread.
U Got any ideas what to cross that big daddy with?
what kinda setup do U have?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
GDB said:
Here is a quick update: 90 days of veg has yielded 3 clones that rooted and a beautiful plant. I'll sex this gal to be 100% sure that she is a gal, we're pretty positive shes fem.

Leaf Day 90

Plant from the top Day 90

im kind of confused..
90 days in and your cloneing?
but u also dont know if its male or female?
usualy they sex themselves when they mature.
that should never take that long.
you should consider upgrading your light situation.
i have 30 day seedlings 4x bigger and ready to flower. you could be about ready to chop.

i cant help to wonder after 3 months of veg how long flowering is going to take.
the boy is healthy..
that seedling with the twisted growth and the burnt bottom leafs its obviouse its in hot soil and had tap water as that twisting is from ph flux and nute lock-ups.

post up some pics of the nodes maybe he/she has preflowers ..

it will be nice to see these girls(hopefuly) flower out.

Last edited:

GDB

DIGITALHIPPY said:
im kind of confused..
90 days in and your cloneing?
but u also dont know if its male or female?
usualy they sex themselves when they mature.
that should never take that long.
you should consider upgrading your light situation.
i have 30 day seedlings 4x bigger and ready to flower. you could be about ready to chop.

i cant help to wonder after 3 months of veg how long flowering is going to take.
the boy is healthy..
that seedling with the twisted growth and the burnt bottom leafs its obviouse its in hot soil and had tap water as that twisting is from ph flux and nute lock-ups.

post up some pics of the nodes maybe he/she has preflowers ..

it will be nice to see these girls(hopefuly) flower out.

:laughing:

I can't help but wonder if you read the topic :bashhead: - it says "bagseed" grow, the clones were taken for sexing, ever heard of mother plants? And yes it was 90 days from veg under flos no need to upgrade any light situation, I've got far more watts than most people. Frankly you have no idea what you are talking about. If you read the whole thread you would see me say we definitely think it is female (preflowers). Who are you to tell mother nature what and when she can or can't do? That is crazy. Just because you have some 30 day seedlings that are 4x bigger doesn't mean anything(4x less potent probably haha). These are mostly used as mothers so size does not matter, training and branching does. If you actually grew pot you would know that "veg" time does not necessarily quantify into longer flowering time and vice versa, see GENETICS. And the seedling with the twisted growth is obviously a mutant, why would anyone put seedlings in a hot seed mix when we all know they fare much greater in a neutral soil for the first 2 weeks of growth. No need to post pictures of the nodes if you read the damn thread you would know we're already flowering and she IS a girl since we're making ****ing seeds.

namo420

GDB,fcukin beautie kush you have there....i love the big leaves and the structure,hope you dont mind if i pull up a seat & pack a bowl.

peace&pot

GDB

Mr.Kade said:
Nice plants man.
and nice recovery with the sick ones at the start of the thread.
U Got any ideas what to cross that big daddy with?
what kinda setup do U have?

Thanks bro! The recovery really wasn't me it was more of the cannabis plant always seems to win out. I love her like that :)

The big daddy is getting crossed with a bunch of girls (all F1 crosses and a single F2). The point of me posting the pictures of the male was to show everyone what I'll be using to continue this Kush line. I'm definitely going to be sending a few people testers/freebies. There might not be anything special the first time around but the minute we get a proper Kush pheno in a potent male then we will do the first BX. Fun times ahead! If things look good in a few months then we might outcross to a sour diesel line (rez's).

:rasta: :rasta:

GDB

namo420 said:
GDB,fcukin beautie kush you have there....i love the big leaves and the structure,hope you dont mind if i pull up a seat & pack a bowl.

peace&pot

Have a seat bro! I just love kush, no doubt about it, even the less hyped non-fanatical versions. Wait until you see the pics of a clone turned into the mother plant, growth is perfect, big badass Indica stature with those wide leaves. Playing with these crosses will be pure enjoyment for me(and a few others).

Smoke one!

GDB

I'd like to note that the AA8 is the same mutant plant (female) and grows multiple nodes on every branch (possible triploid?). Just kind of insulting for someone to say that its obvious the plant is in hot soil and pH fluctuation from "tap water". Which btw is 100% distilled and pH is always 7.0 on the dot with <100ppm. Will post more pictures later haters be forewarned!

GDB

Back again with another quick update. Here we've got some new kush nuggets and a picture of the clone showing what a beautiful plant this is. The seeds are forming good and the mom is throwing trichs everywhere on the plant.

The roots before we transplanted her looking nice and healthy.

Kush clone at one month veg.

Kush clone leaf looking just like the mother.

Nugs were smoking on right now.

:rasta:

GDB

Don't you just love it when things come together nicely!

:headbange

Here is the AA13 fully seeded from the male above, what an awesome specimen!

Our AA8 female with the lemon pinesol cleaner smell which is heavy all the way through flowering (fully seeded).

TD1 looking absolutely superb, I can't wait to sample this medicine since it is a gift from a friend.

Here is that funky auto flowering JM1 sittin' sideways!

And last but not least... DA KUSH!

Isn't it amazing what quality looking bud we are getting out of a single bagseed! Next step for us will be selfing this women and back-crossing with our newly created F1s :)

We should have some testers available here in the next few months, what a kick ass process this has been. I can't wait for more!

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
I really like the leaves on that AA13, there's something about that dark green waxy look that contrasts so nicely with the white of the trichomes. Not that the other plants are bad in any way either :)

GDB

ixnay007 said:
I really like the leaves on that AA13, there's something about that dark green waxy look that contrasts so nicely with the white of the trichomes. Not that the other plants are bad in any way either :)

I agree with you completely, every time I walk in the room it just stands out. I've never had a plant show such darkness/waxyness through veg and flower like this. When I send you that care package I will be sure to include some of her progeny as well as the Kush. Just wait for the smoke report!

GDB

Back again to show some progress, we're about halfway through this crop. And just starting another one - damn I love being a perpetual harvester. :joint: :joint: :joint: <- and a perpetual smoker

Kush clone roots showing extreme vigor - I am taking about 5-10 clone off this specific cutting it is going insane!

This same clone transplanted this is how thick the stalk was in the 20oz soda cup!

Here is the same clone I think we're going to name her "Super Kush" trust me it fits!

P1 mother - oldschool anyone?!?!? I love this ****ing smoke (everyone calls it skunk - they don't know the RKS) I can't get enough I even hide my cured nuggets from my gf and I share everything with her. (she really smokes alot for a woman <3 ) :rasta:

Here is the same mother showing her purple tendencies (what a ho!) :spank:

...continued in the next post! :jump:

GDB

it's a little past 4:20 and I'm reloaded so hopefully you will reload this thread!

it's a little past 4:20 and I'm reloaded so hopefully you will reload this thread!

So we have a little bit of a problem on our hands, we've got a sicko loose in the grow room!

Here is a close-up of the main cola (30 days in - this will definitely be a 70+)

The AA13 which seems to be a favorite in this thread, she got burnt a little no worries this was a seeded nug - so it will be flushed for a full month starting now.

These are her progeny (clones) - lovely plant for sure.

And of course it would not be a thread without this Kush girl (day 30 or so)

Hope you guys enjoyed it - keep posted we've got at least another 30 days before the Kush is chopped.

:headbange

GDB

We might have lost the B1 male, I really hope not because this guy just reeked of hashish. :badday: